Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Movies that should never have been made.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Star Trek 5

Battlefield Earth

The Great Wall

Water World

13th Warrior

Catwoman

Cowboys and Aliens

Ghostbusters remake

Gigli

Monkeybone

that's off the top of my head...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Forrest Gump.  I thought it was a terrible movie, and I don't know why everyone loves it.  Tom Hanks shouldn't have won the Oscar for best actor.  It should have gone to that Tim Robbins from Shawshank Redemption.

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Forrest Gump.  I thought it was a terrible movie, and I don't know why everyone loves it.  Tom Hanks shouldn't have won the Oscar for best actor.  It should have gone to that Tim Robbins from Shawshank Redemption.

This is why you suck at life, ph.

I loved Forrest Gump and it deserved it's awards.

Morgan Freeman should have been nominated for best supporting actor (not leading) and he should have won. (barely beating out Samuel L Jackson from Pulp Fiction)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Last Samurai deserves a mention.

I actually liked the Last Samurai.  Yeah it wasn't a great movie but it's definitely not in the absolute worst category either. 

as a Star Trek fan, I prefer to act like 'The Final Frontier' never happened.

I mean, they gave Nick Meyer/Harve Bennett/Nimoy a shoestring budget of 19 million for Star Trek 4 (that Paramount bumped up to 20 during post production because the studio liked it so much) and they put out such a popular movie that it grossed over 132 million by the end of it's run (then came VHS sales!)

then, after years of complaining, they let Shatner direct a movie, gave him 30 million to do it with (we wanted 50, lol) and he put out a completely self absorbed film. It's a movie about Kirk's entire crew, sans Spock, abandoning him and having to take on god + the Klingon's...and winning, lol.

just terrible.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So @Joe from WY mentioned the Duke in another thread and for some reason this movie popped up in my head.  John Wayne playing Chengis Khan should never have been allowed to happen.  

I was just watching this show last week and they were talking about this movie. They talked about all the people that got was diagnosed with cancer after making that film making people wonder if there was something toxic about the area they filmed most of the film in.

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

as a Star Trek fan, I prefer to act like 'The Final Frontier' never happened.

I mean, they gave Nick Meyer/Harve Bennett/Nimoy a shoestring budget of 19 million for Star Trek 4 (that Paramount bumped up to 20 during post production because the studio liked it so much) and they put out such a popular movie that it grossed over 132 million by the end of it's run (then came VHS sales!)

then, after years of complaining, they let Shatner direct a movie, gave him 30 million to do it with (we wanted 50, lol) and he put out a completely self absorbed film. It's a movie about Kirk's entire crew, sans Spock, abandoning him and having to take on god + the Klingon's...and winning, lol.

just terrible.

Star Trek V is like Star Wars Episode II, I just don't think about it...ever.  

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

every horror reboot.

Godfather 3 with Sophia Coppola playing a prominent role.

Force Awakens was an outstanding movie.  

The Last Airbender.  So much potential for a great movie in that story but just awful casting, acting and directing.  Even the special effects were a bust for the most part.