Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Should SDSU Have Taken the MLS Deal?

Stadium   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should SDSU Have taken the MLS Deal?

11 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Considering what a disastrous mistake it turned out to be for SJSU when they turned down the MLS, I'm going to go with yes. Administrations should be learning from the mistakes of others. 

I voted yes. But only if they are still allowed fireworks to get locals to come out for games. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

12 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

I voted yes. But only if they are still allowed fireworks to get locals to come out for games because I'm a dumbass who hates SDSU.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I voted "No.". I think they're being smart about maneuvering to get their own on campus stadium.

They don't need to play on a soccer pitch with a max capacity of 20,000.  Also, the first couple years of RSL @ RES was a real pita. Futbol lines on a football field just scream minor league, nearly as much as blue carpet does.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

sdsu has bigger interests than building a stadium imo. that whole mission valley plot is fascinating posturing. if i was wicker and sdsu i wouldn't help them fund a soccer team that will always operate in the red.

4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

I like suds. Wish we had your coach. Just think it's funny how everyone but suds fans knows your attendance numbers are really half of what is announced. 

I think it's funny you think you can count.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

I like suds. Wish we had your coach. Just think it's funny how everyone but suds fans knows your attendance numbers are really half of what is announced. 

I know, it's like how everyone but bus fans think Bronco Stadium is a shitty one.

Guest Dr. Dre

Not only no, but hell no. Anyone who votes/voted yes just has a chip on his/her shoulder and/or has no clue of what is going on in San Diego, and the importance of this not only to SDSU, but the city.

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, DrBulldog said:

just drop college football become a basketball program in the WCC.

that's not happening either. So you can continue to look forward to your annual beat down- that is until we leave you behind- again

FSI can't be the only developers who gets a crack at this land.  I would rather see additional campus expansion and a 40k stadium than just mini-malls, condos and an MLS- sized stadium.  I'm with SDSU on this one.  Let's see what they come up with.

No.  The proposal was for a stadium that is to small to meet their future planned needs.  Taking the deal would have been alienating to their hardcore fanbase (the ones who actually support the athletics department monetarily).  Now we get to see if SDSU has the chutzpah to pull off what they need to.  I wish them the best of luck. 

18 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Watch the Aztecs play in a New Years Day Bowl 

1monkey.jpg~c200

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

1monkey.jpg~c200

Don't worry, you can still watch the DVDs of when your team was top dog of those on the outside looking in.  Now that your team plays in a slightly better conference those days are in the past.  A real school in a real city is in control now.

Just now, bitteraztec said:

Don't worry, you can still watch the DVDs of when your team was top dog of those on the outside looking in.  Now that your team plays in a slightly better conference those days are in the past.  A real school in a real city is in control now.

Let's just keep the focus on SUDS here as I'm not claiming anything with Boise State. 

I would love to see SUDS play in a NYB but they have yet to demonstrate the ability to play at a high level throughout an entire season. 

1280px-South_Alabama_Jaguars_logo.svg.pn

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg