Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UK Furious at US Over Manchester Bombing Leaks - Have Stopped Sharing Intel

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The British authorities didn't release the intel directly to the NYT. Someone within our government did. Of course the NYT is going to go forward with this info, that's the nature of the industry. If they didn't publish first, someone else would have. Is it wrong and callous? Yes. But it's not as bad as someone in our government betraying the trust of an ally.

Leaks have always been there , but they sure do seem to be getting more frequent. IMO, thank the media for this right along with some one lining their pockets with cash for the leaks provided to the media.

3 minutes ago, westfan said:

Leaks have always been there , but they sure do seem to be getting more frequent. IMO, thank the media for this right along with some one lining their pockets with cash for the leaks provided to the media.

And how limited the leak! Oh, you'll never believe what Trump said to the Oz president! We have the transcript! But we're going to give you only part, because that's the one that shows Trump in a bad light.

And a complicit media. 

this one isn't on trump nor any of his cohorts.

trump yakking to duterte, conveniently edited though it is, still wouldn't have anything if he kept his trap shut.

we're going to tear ourselves apart at the seams.  in 20 years the left will be ready to brand anyone who disagrees with their ethics a traitor to humanity, marking them for death, and the right will stop reading anything written by someone who disagrees with them and will be ready to shoot their way toward "independence" from a government they only think is that criminal.

we're so +++++ed.

18 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

this one isn't on trump nor any of his cohorts.

trump yakking to duterte, conveniently edited though it is, still wouldn't have anything if he kept his trap shut.

we're going to tear ourselves apart at the seams.  in 20 years the left will be ready to brand anyone who disagrees with their ethics a traitor to humanity, marking them for death, and the right will stop reading anything written by someone who disagrees with them and will be ready to shoot their way toward "independence" from a government they only think is that criminal.

we're so +++++ed.

We are screwed because our govt bureaucrats and major media are politically active.

5 hours ago, westfan said:

Are you suggesting the media is paying for leaks? That would completely take away the credibility of both the leaker and the reporter.

16 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Although I believe in transparency in government, I also understand there is both a protocol for investigative procedure and an agreement between intelligence agencies to be discreet with information vital to national security.

This has compromised the investigation, fouled up their legal process, and possibly allowed collaborators to escape or make alternative plans. Whoever is responsible for betraying our best ally is a complete moron and an asshole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539660/May-war-Trump-leaks-vital-evidence.html

Think that person would be Orange 45 himself - The guys in so deep it's an obvious danger to the US & allies

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

We are screwed because our govt bureaucrats and major media are politically active.

The electorate is already well on their way to demonizing the opposite party. Elected officials do what they can to get elected. Journalism reports what we are interested in

It's not the media

It's not Washington

It's not Trump

Nor Obama

It's us. It's me. It's you. It's everyone here who blames anyone other than himself.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think that person would be Orange 45 himself - The guys in so deep it's an obvious danger to the US & allies

A guy who pretended to be his own publicist calling tabloids in New York City to brag about his dating life would never be a leak :D 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

7 hours ago, westfan said:

Lining their pockets for leaking? You think the NYTimes pays leakers?

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Trump and whoeverelse it is needs to be held accountable as this is really dangerous and stupid shit. The Israelis and Brits are two of our best sources of intelligence and the US government has betrayed their trust over the past couple of weeks. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Lining their pockets for leaking? You think the NYTimes pays leakers?

I would not at all be surprised if a NY times reporter paid a source.

It might be an innocuous as picking up the bill for lunch or dinner for him and his family.  It might be tickets to a ball game.

It also might be cash.  I think there are likely some pretty ambitious reporters that are willing to break the rules.   Business and government people break the rules.  Who doesn't think jerkmoron wouldn't tell all his secrets for $100 and a six pack?  I am sure jerkmoron would tell a reporter about Trumps secret russian bank account for a $5 sandwich.  I think a little money could go along ways when we are talking the ethics of government workers.  $500 is probably sure Pulitzer information.  I bet there has been many a Washington prostitute, (the traditional kind not democratic senators), who have been bailed out by a savvy reporter trying to get a story.

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Trump and whoeverelse it is needs to be held accountable as this is really dangerous and stupid shit. The Israelis and Brits are two of our best sources of intelligence and the US government has betrayed their trust over the past couple of weeks. 

So the question is who would benefit by us losing the Brits and Israelis as key allies in the intelligence world? I'm sure we could think of a few answers but there is one who pops into my head right away and it's the same people who would love nothing more than to see NATO crumble. Coincidence? Maybe but I wouldn't be shocked in the least 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

We aren't losing the UK as a partner. They're pissed, but our relationship with them is bigger than one administration.

It would be suicide and a huge shift in geopolitics, away from US, Canada, GBR, NZL, and Australia's favor. American "supremacy," however you want to take it, doesn't exist in a vacuum. We should seek to improve those relationships, not undermine them.

Which is why the public howling about NATO is so colossally stupid.

5 hours ago, just_chris said:

So the question is who would benefit by us losing the Brits and Israelis as key allies in the intelligence world? I'm sure we could think of a few answers but there is one who pops into my head right away and it's the same people who would love nothing more than to see NATO crumble. Coincidence? Maybe but I wouldn't be shocked in the least 

boris_and_natasha_11221248631.jpg

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

20 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

The electorate is already well on their way to demonizing the opposite party. Elected officials do what they can to get elected. Journalism reports what we are interested in

It's not the media

It's not Washington

It's not Trump

Nor Obama

It's us. It's me. It's you. It's everyone here who blames anyone other than himself.

I could agree that the voters are responsibe.  ThE problem is partly that those govt stooges are entrenched and can't be held accountable because they are cowards and do their deds in secret..  We should not need terms limits but I fear we do.  

25 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

I could agree that the voters are responsibe.  ThE problem is partly that those govt stooges are entrenched and can't be held accountable because they are cowards and do their deds in secret..  We should not need terms limits but I fear we do.  

Hmmm, if only there were people on the inside that would leak out what's really happening and a media that would report it...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

30 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

"entrenched" "cowards" "secret"

i really think you are too strongly convinced how DC works, and i think it's an inflated/exaggerated view.

here's some de-classified info

countries with Muslims have a lot more terrorist attacks than countries that have few or no Muslims.

See the difference?

12667677.jpeg