Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UK Furious at US Over Manchester Bombing Leaks - Have Stopped Sharing Intel

Although I believe in transparency in government, I also understand there is both a protocol for investigative procedure and an agreement between intelligence agencies to be discreet with information vital to national security.

This has compromised the investigation, fouled up their legal process, and possibly allowed collaborators to escape or make alternative plans. Whoever is responsible for betraying our best ally is a complete moron and an asshole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539660/May-war-Trump-leaks-vital-evidence.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Although I believe in transparency in government, I also understand there is both a protocol for investigative procedure and an agreement between intelligence agencies to be discreet with information vital to national security.

This has compromised the investigation, fouled up their legal process, and possibly allowed collaborators to escape or make alternative plans. Whoever is responsible for betraying our best ally is a complete moron and an asshole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539660/May-war-Trump-leaks-vital-evidence.html

The casualness with which the media treats the damaging leaks about the Trump admin encourages this behavior.

And where is the responsibility of the NYT? They have the pics, so they're going to publish them? 

4 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

The casualness with which the media treats the damaging leaks about the Trump admin encourages this behavior.

And where is the responsibility of the NYT? They have the pics, so they're going to publish them? 

The British authorities didn't release the intel directly to the NYT. Someone within our government did. Of course the NYT is going to go forward with this info, that's the nature of the industry. If they didn't publish first, someone else would have. Is it wrong and callous? Yes. But it's not as bad as someone in our government betraying the trust of an ally.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

It's not the media's responsibility to protect state secrets. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

The casualness with which the media treats the damaging leaks from within the Trump admin encourages this behavior.

Fixed it for you. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

You blame the messenger?

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Once again... this White House and Administration is a clown show. Hopefully the daily damage done by this Administration won't be too long term.

So Trump is responsible for the leaks? And not the deep state leakers?

I guess Barry's responsible for Snowden and Manning then. Lock him up!

8 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Is he not the Commander in Chief?

And if you want to apply the same to Obama, I'm all for it.

10 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

"Deep state leakers" lol. More like not so bright millenials in an understaffed Adminstration realizing they're in over their heads trying to control Nacho Duce. 

3 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Trump is responsible for telling Duterte about the location of two nuclear submarines. One of the most closely protected secrets in the military. This is the leakiest White House in memory.

When info like this is shared with government officials, it is disseminated all the way down to local law enforcement agencies.

6 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

It's not the responsibility of the NYT to protect secrets, that's up to the officials within the government.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Trump is responsible for telling Duterte about the location of two nuclear submarines. One of the most closely protected secrets in the military. This is the leakiest White House in memory.

When info like this is shared with government officials, it is disseminated all the way down to local law enforcement agencies.

Yup but let's blame the Philippines for leaking the transcript..... now to be fair the person who did that is in major violation of Filipino law and I am sure will be caught and be found floating in a drainage ditch in Mandaluyong but that's besides the point but Dear Leader disclosing military secrets to a leader who at best is unstable and has repeatedly said he is distancing himself from America and has a lot of animosity towards America is careless and stupid. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

48 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Doesn't InfoWars have a message board that you can annoy?

43 minutes ago, just_chris said:

Yup but let's blame the Philippines for leaking the transcript..... now to be fair the person who did that is in major violation of Filipino law and I am sure will be caught and be found floating in a drainage ditch in Mandaluyong but that's besides the point but Dear Leader disclosing military secrets to a leader who at best is unstable and has repeatedly said he is distancing himself from America and has a lot of animosity towards America is careless and stupid

Careless and Stupid. Good motto for this Administration.

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Careless and Stupid. Good motto for this Administration.

I've actually seen people defend him for telling Duterte where our subs were by saying well he didn't give them the coordinates :D

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage