Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Gear Update - BSU Baseball

Those look pretty good. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nice looking unis. If you build a baseball team, will the baseball field be natural grass, or BSU blue turf, like the fb stadium?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Nice looking unis. If you build a baseball team, will the baseball field be natural grass, or BSU blue turf, like the fb stadium?

God no. Don't even give them the idea. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

"This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."

They'll put in a Colorado field.

12 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

It won't be our stadium, but actually owned by the local minor league team and I have also heard a soccer team might be in the mix, so no blue field is not in play for this one. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

It won't be our stadium, but actually owned by the local minor league team and I have also heard a soccer team might be in the mix, so no blue field is not in play for this one. 

Really? So you'd have to play second fiddle to a minor league team? And a soccer team... what would be the pecking order for use of the baseball/soccer field?

I hope the relationship will be better between BSU and the minor league team than it was between UNM and the ABQ Isotopes. They were not friendly at all toward the Lobos, and charged them a high rental fee for using their park and locker room facilities.

UNM did the right in breaking away from those blood suckers, and finally pit some money into Lobo field. Also got donations and sponsors to put in a nice artificial field, bleachers, and field lighting to allow for night games. 

If BSU gets a baseball team, I hope you guys can get independent of your minor league team and or soccer team, asap! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Really? So you'd have to play second fiddle to a minor league team? And a soccer team... what would be the pecking order for use of the baseball/soccer field?

I hope the relationship will be better between BSU and the minor league team than it was between UNM and the ABQ Isotopes. They were not friendly at all toward the Lobos, and charged them a high rental fee for using their park and locker room facilities.

UNM did the right in breaking away from those blood suckers, and finally pit some money into Lobo field. Also got donations and sponsors to put in a nice artificial field, bleachers, and field lighting to allow for night games. 

If BSU gets a baseball team, I hope you guys can get independent of your minor league team and or soccer team, asap! 

It's actually a joint venture. They could not get the stadium built without Boise State helping by signing a long term lease on the property. The stadium is going to be just a few blocks from the campus and the college baseball and minor league seasons don't overlap. They don't even have a soccer team yet so I'm not sure when that season would be, but since they all need eachother to get approval they will have to work together to make it work.

I can't imagine what UNM would have to do if they still played at isoloptes park! The topes just started an 8 game home stand, and the Lobos are hosting the MWC tourney... their seasons overlap little bit. I was at the last couple of games against Nevada to close out the season, and we could see the Isotopes fireworks show from the stands at Lobo field.

6 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Nevada and the Aces have a good relationship.  They don't share a stadium but they play an annual exhibition between the two clubs which is always fun. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I haven't given up hope.

baseball_zpswfhhsywq.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Are you guys joining the MLB? 

Yes. We've already drafted Josh Allen to play every position. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg