Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jiddump

MWC Stadium Dwellers

10 hours ago, ag4fr said:

Yes.  It may be.  And it is also leveraged to the hilt.

No risk...no reward.

10 hours ago, ag4fr said:

I really doubt you've been to our stadium.  Actually I doubt you ever leave your Mom's basement.

All the "Mom talk" is making more sense...

....& you've been to CSU's new stadium?  

Is it required to visit a stadium in person to know CSU's new building will be light-yrs ahead of yours???

5 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Game Changer. 

What's the title of that video...Lipstick on a Pig?

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

....& you've been to CSU's new stadium?  

Is it required to visit a stadium in person to know CSU's new building will be light-yrs ahead of yours???

No.  Have not.  

I have no idea how you define light years ahead,, but CSU's looks very nice.  Sure, we are jealous of it.  Maybe not so jealous of the financial burden that a quarter of a billion bucks can have on a college football  program that basically has 6 chances per year to make money, but I think it will be a good thing for CSU football.

I think some additional phases of construction will happen in the next several years and Maverick Stadium will come out of it as one the top stadiums in the MWC and it will mostly be payed for.

I'm ok with that.

Guest Dr. Dre
9 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

I think some additional phases of construction will happen in the next several years and Maverick Stadium will come out of it as one the top stadiums in the MWC

After I stopped laughing-and not at @Hugh Jiddump's lack of height and chicken neck- but at the thought of Maverick Stadium being anywhere near the top stadiums in the MWC (unless mean big Sky- then you may be on to something), my first question is why pay for construction you'll never need?

22 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

After I stopped laughing-and not at @Hugh Jiddump's lack of height and chicken neck- but at the thought of Maverick Stadium being anywhere near the top stadiums in the MWC (unless mean big Sky- then you may be on to something), my first question is why pay for construction you'll never need?

In 5 years, SUDS will still be petitioning the City of San Diego to give them one more year at the Murph, before it gets imploded, while they try to figure out which end is their head and which end is their a$$.

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, ag4fr said:

In 5 years, SUDS will still be petitioning the City of San Diego to give them one more year at the Murph, before it gets imploded, while they try to figure out which end is their head and which end is their a$$.

again. we'll be fine. actually, more than fine. USuckU, not so much. haters gonna hate. good luck. lolol

3 hours ago, ag4fr said:

No.  Have not.  

I have no idea how you define light years ahead,, but CSU's looks very nice.  Sure, we are jealous of it.  Maybe not so jealous of the financial burden that a quarter of a billion bucks can have on a college football  program that basically has 6 chances per year to make money, but I think it will be a good thing for CSU football.

I think some additional phases of construction will happen in the next several years and Maverick Stadium will come out of it as one the top stadiums in the MWC and it will mostly be payed for.

I'm ok with that.

CSU hasn't even opened the new stadium and already $86,000,000 has been donated.  Try again...

All premium seating has been sold which is in the 4,000 range and generates about $2,000,000 per year.

I've been to Maverick stadium...It has no chance of being a top facility in any conference, and yes, Ive seen your improvements.

17 hours ago, Scooter said:

This is correct.

I was at USU's stadium in 2015.  I was not impressed at all.  Little to no fan amenities and only one bathroom that I could find.  Very small and cramped.

I do applaud USU for the renovations but in all honesty our old Hughes Stadium was superior to the current USU digs and when people see our finished new stadium they will be blown away at the awesomeness of it.  Got a tour about a month ago and it is F-ing amazing.

You went to the stadium when it was under construction, you have not been to a game since the near $40 million remodel, but you know the old Hughes was better, well I have been to the old Hughes and the remodeled Maverik, and the remodeled Maverik is much better, when the remodel took place restrooms where removed, concessions gone and some access was also limited, it now has new access points elevator access to all west side seating, 10 times more restroom fixtures, and a wide customer access area, New video boards, sound system as well as lighting.

I look forward to going to the new CSU stadium, and when I go I will give a honest report on it. I will not pass judgement until it is finished.

4 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

You went to the stadium when it was under construction, you have not been to a game since the near $40 million remodel, but you know the old Hughes was better, well I have been to the old Hughes and the remodeled Maverik, and the remodeled Maverik is much better, when the remodel took place restrooms where removed, concessions gone and some access was also limited, it now has new access points elevator access to all west side seating, 10 times more restroom fixtures, and a wide customer access area, New video boards, sound system as well as lighting.

I look forward to going to the new CSU stadium, and when I go I will give a honest report on it. I will not pass judgement until it is finished.

I'm sure the new renovated stadium is better than our old dump Hughes. I'm just excited for our new digs.

See a lot of butt hurt in this thread. I'm not the least bit concerned that everything will work out well for SDSU. I believe we will have our own stadium by 2021, and the worst case scenario is playing in 33,500 seat brand new stadium that would be top 3 in the MWC. 

2 hours ago, jimjam said:

CSU hasn't even opened the new stadium and already $86,000,000 has been donated.  Try again...

All premium seating has been sold which is in the 4,000 range and generates about $2,000,000 per year.

I've been to Maverick stadium...It has no chance of being a top facility in any conference, and yes, Ive seen your improvements.

What game did you go to ? I have been to every stadium in the MWC except Hawaii, and the remodeled Maverik is near the top, as far as fan experience goes. CSU is going to get a great on campus stadium, why spread bull shit about others ?

1 hour ago, ole blu dude said:

What game did you go to ? I have been to every stadium in the MWC except Hawaii, and the remodeled Maverik is near the top, as far as fan experience goes. CSU is going to get a great on campus stadium, why spread bull shit about others ?

New Mexico

Everybody has a luxury club level and suites.  Good job catching up, it does look nice but is lipstick on a pig.

The rest of your stadium is a turd...No concourses, dug out of the ground similar to a lot of high school stadiums, resembling a hole.  Virtually no fan amenities except a small food stand on the south end, one bathroom complex next to the food area.  I saw all kinds of cracks and problems with the east stands.  Not bullshitting here...  USU will always be limited by the fact it was built in a hole.  Modern stadiums don't have this restraint. 

One thing to note about CSU's new stadium is that it will house the football offices and training facilities totaling 80,000 square feet.  Has a field club level, beer garden, alumni center, classrooms, LED lighting, ribbon boards, and a video board the size of a basketball court. Views of the field from virtually anywhere in the stadium due to its open concourse.  It will be the class of this conference and far better than some P5 stadiums.

http://stadium.colostate.edu/constructioncam/

20 minutes ago, jimjam said:

New Mexico

Everybody has a luxury club level and suites.  Good job catching up, it does look nice but is lipstick on a pig.

The rest of your stadium is a turd...No concourses, dug out of the ground similar to a lot of high school stadiums, resembling a hole.  Virtually no fan amenities except a small food stand on the south end, one bathroom complex next to the food area.  I saw all kinds of cracks and problems with the east stands.  Not bullshitting here...  USU will always be limited by the fact it was built in a hole.  Modern stadiums don't have this restraint. 

One thing to note about CSU's new stadium is that it will house the football offices and training facilities totaling 80,000 square feet.  Has a field club level, beer garden, alumni center, classrooms, LED lighting, ribbon boards, and a video board the size of a basketball court. Views of the field from virtually anywhere in the stadium due to its open concourse.  It will be the class of this conference and far better than some P5 stadiums.

It was built on a side hill, not a hole, there are 15 different points of sale for concessions, five separate restroom area's, USU football offices and weight room has a total 90,000 sq. ft. they are attached to the stadium.

The east side of the stadium will be remodeled in the future which will include a second east side concourse deck.

I hope when I visit CSU's stadium I can be honest, and objective about it, and go around spreading Bull shit.

26 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

It was built on a side hill, not a hole, there are 15 different points of sale for concessions, five separate restroom area's, USU football offices and weight room has a total 90,000 sq. ft. they are attached to the stadium.

The east side of the stadium will be remodeled in the future which will include a second east side concourse deck.

I hope when I visit CSU's stadium I can be honest, and objective about it, and go around spreading Bull shit.

I'm being honest and objective.  Sorry you think otherwise.

The new club level and suites is nice but the rest is terrible.  Do you see anyone on this board saying how great Maverick is?  Didn't think so.

Future stuff doesn't count till it happens.

2 minutes ago, jimjam said:

The new club level and suites is nice but the rest is terrible.  Do you see anyone on this board saying how great Maverick is?  Didn't think so.

Future stuff doesn't count till it happens.

Not true the entire west side is chair back seats, also the restrooms are as good or better than any MWC stadium I have visited.

I guess future stuff would include your new stadium as well, so as of today I would rank Maverik as better than Hughes. I'm not sure that many of the homers on this board would say any other schools stadium is great.

Most MWC schools fans do not travel all that well, Wyoming fans are the exception, I would expect them to review it. 

I will give a honest review of CSU when I go to a game there, so far I would review MWC stadiums as some being good some poor, but none as great.

1 hour ago, ole blu dude said:

Not true the entire west side is chair back seats, also the restrooms are as good or better than any MWC stadium I have visited.

I guess future stuff would include your new stadium as well, so as of today I would rank Maverik as better than Hughes. I'm not sure that many of the homers on this board would say any other schools stadium is great.

Most MWC schools fans do not travel all that well, Wyoming fans are the exception, I would expect them to review it. 

I will give a honest review of CSU when I go to a game there, so far I would review MWC stadiums as some being good some poor, but none as great.

LOL!  You are triggered and I'd have better odds finding a beer at Maverick than getting an honest review from you.

The football staff moves into the new stadium in 1 week. Doesn't matter but Hughes is better than Maverick, its not even close.  Hell, even the wArP is better.