Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jiddump

MWC Stadium Dwellers

4 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

I didn't.  But at least it's a football stadium and not a futbol stadium.  I haven't been to Wyoming so I can't comment, but I've been to Logan many times and if you really think USU's stadium is nicer than Albertsons stadium I can't help you.  No offense to my Aggie friends.  The setting is beautiful and the remodel is certainly an improvement.

Dude, donk stadium is just a shade better than having a bleacher stadium...what a dump.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, AztecSU said:

The best part is an MLS stadium would still be better than everyone's place, save CSU. 

USU's stadium is basically the same as an MLS Stadium.  Maverik Stadium seats 22,059.

2016-0924_maverikstadium_utahstate_janna

logo.jpg

Okland_Construction_pic.jpg

9 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Just being a stadium in San Diego will give it a leg up on Boise, Fresno, and Laramie...then there is the fact that it will be brand spanking new in either an entertainment district or on the new west end of SDSU...but please tell us how bad we have it. lol.

FIFY

tetons1.jpg

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

USU's stadium is basically the same as an MLS Stadium.  Maverik Stadium seats 22,059.

2016-0924_maverikstadium_utahstate_janna

logo.jpg

Okland_Construction_pic.jpg

With the remodel, Maverik Stadium capacity is back up to about 25,500

3 minutes ago, fanhood said:

You guys do realize that SDSU is going to end up with the stadium it wants and a campus expansion, right? Anf that stadium will be the envy of the MW.

It will? Explain, but I don't see it.

7 hours ago, fanhood said:

You guys do realize that SDSU is going to end up with the stadium it wants and a campus expansion, right? Anf that stadium will be the envy of the MW.

Got any artist renderings yet?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

18 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Just being a stadium in San Diego will give it a leg up on Boise, Fresno, and Cheyenne...then there is the fact that it will be brand spanking new in either an entertainment district or on the new west end of SDSU...but please tell us how bad we have it. lol.

Two things. 1: Think before you speak. Geography is your friend. 2: I've been to the Q. I'd rather watch a game at Okie Blanchard Stadium in Cheyenne.

Okie-Blanchard_8[1].jpg

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I hope they enjoy that lower bowl.  Bring the binos.

yeah, as I understand the project the area I marked yellow will be the new visitor stands and the seats I marked in red will be removed...coaches offices and team areas will be built in it's place...the upper deck above the seats marked red will be kept for overflow seating...as you said, still kinda far away from the action, though.

5926fe52afdc7_gastate.thumb.jpg.8278e297953a3621d7760b89a69bbad7.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

19 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Just being a stadium in San Diego will give it a leg up on Boise, Fresno, and Cheyenne...then there is the fact that it will be brand spanking new in either an entertainment district or on the new west end of SDSU...but please tell us how bad we have it. lol.

More evidence of a fan spouting off about things they just know nothing about. 

TSDSUF- "Laramie sucks!"

Typical Person of Average Intelligence- "Ever been there?"

TSDSUF- "No, but it sucks!"

TPAI- "Ever been to Tulsa or Memphis?"

TSDSUF- "No, why would I have?

TPAI- "Those are cities that are home to AAC schools. Places the Aztecs would have had to travel to had they remained in that conference."

TSDSUF- "Then they must not suck!"

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

9 hours ago, USUBlue said:

With the remodel, Maverik Stadium capacity is back up to about 25,500

I expect further East Side expansion to put Maverick stadium over 30K within the next 3-4 years.  Inexpensive and straightforward expansion opportunities are plentiful with the way it is built into the hillside.  Also could build out another large double - decker luxury suite facility along the the lengthof the East Side

From there, South End Zone seating can easily and inexpensively  expand by another 8k to 10K.

At that point, Utah State would have one of the best / newest / largest football staiums in the MWC.

All locker areas, meeting rooms, equipment area, laundry,coaches and staff offices, position group rooms, weight rooms, nutrition center and  training table right in  a very nice 40K stadium complex..  Iidoor practice facility is a 2 minute walk.  Not sure whose would be better in the MWC.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

More evidence of a fan spouting off about things they just know nothing about. 

TSDSUF- "Laramie sucks!"

Typical Person of Average Intelligence- "Ever been there?"

TSDSUF- "No, but it sucks!"

TPAI- "Ever been to Tulsa or Memphis?"

TSDSUF- "No, why would I have?

TPAI- "Those are cities that are home to AAC schools. Places the Aztecs would have had to travel to had they remained in that conference."

TSDSUF- "Then they must not suck!"

Memphis is a great place for a weekend, are you kidding me?  I haven't been to Laramie, but I also don't knock Laramie.  It seems like a pain to get to, so it and Logan are likely the last of the MWC schools to scratch off my to-visit list.  Easier to get to all the other places, that's all for me.

5 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Memphis is a great place for a weekend, are you kidding me?  I haven't been to Laramie, but I also don't knock Laramie.  It seems like a pain to get to, so it and Logan are likely the last of the MWC schools to scratch off my to-visit list.  Easier to get to all the other places, that's all for me.

yeah, the Memphis metro is only just over 1 million people and yet we have Beale Street, Graceland, Sun Studio, Stax, amazing BBQ, the Bass Pro Pyramid and Pandas at the Memphis zoo...plus cheap air travel through Frontier, Allegiant, and Southwest.

take a Friday off and enjoy a long weekend in downtown or harbor town...you won't run out of stuff to do.

Peabody, Westin, Hampton Suites Beale St, Double Tree downtown, Big Cypress Lodge, and the River Inn Harbor Town are all great hotels in downtown.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest Dr. Dre
51 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

At that point, Utah State would have one of the best / newest / largest football staiums in the MWC.

At that point the MWC will either be SERIOUSLY changed or not in existence. And the additions wouod be for naught. Yu're better off saving the money, staying at 25K, and waiting for the move to the Big Sky with Wyoming

51 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

I expect further East Side expansion to put Maverick stadium over 30K within the next 3-4 years.  Inexpensive and straightforward expansion opportunities are plentiful with the way it is built into the hillside.  Also could build out another large double - decker luxury suite facility along the the lengthof the East Side

From there, South End Zone seating can easily and inexpensively  expand by another 8k to 10K.

All locker areas, meeting rooms, equipment area, laundry,coaches and staff offices, position group rooms, weight rooms, nutrition center and  training table right in  a very nice 40K stadium complex..  Iidoor practice facility is a 2 minute walk.  Not sure whose would be better in the MWC.

I think the stadium will be remodeled, and expanded to 30,000 at some time, with the deck on east side , but given our lack of fan support, and boosters not willing to pay for a expansion that is not needed it will be some time before the stadium even has 30,000 seats. USU needs sellouts for games that do not have other teams fans filling up the stands.