Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Are voter ID laws racist?

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

This is what I was thinking. So if in this thread we have decided that most everyone has ID's(they are needed to function in this society and few people have trougble getting them). We have 2 options:

1:spend a lot of money making sure everyone has a free ID so we can then check ID's at the polls. In an effort to stop voter fraud that doesn't seem to exist.

2. Just keep the current system that allows the few people in this country that don't have a government ID to still exercise their right to vote while also not experiencing any meaningful voter fraud.

We arrive at essentially the same place with one option being more complicated and expensive.

Except the big "RUSSIANS" thing in the media right now is about outsiders influencing the voting. Keeping the integrity of the voting process.

Let's spend the few dollars to get everyone an ID to help better their life. Not just to vote, because you cannot do a damn thing in this country without an ID.

Its a win-win. ID's for everyone. Less of a chance of voter fraud. The cost would be minuscule.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

31 minutes ago, tspoke said:

This is what I was thinking. So if in this thread we have decided that most everyone has ID's(they are needed to function in this society and few people have trougble getting them). We have 2 options:

1:spend a lot of money making sure everyone has a free ID so we can then check ID's at the polls. In an effort to stop voter fraud that doesn't seem to exist.

2. Just keep the current system that allows the few people in this country that don't have a government ID to still exercise their right to vote while also not experiencing any meaningful voter fraud.

We arrive at essentially the same place with one option being more complicated and expensive.

It's amazing to me how the same people demanding ID to protect the sanctity of the vote, are the same folks that don't seem to have a problem with the Russians meddling in the election.

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

It's amazing to me how the same people demanding ID to protect the sanctity of the vote, are the same folks that don't seem to have a problem with the Russians meddling in the election.

Well, you are the same guy that claims rural white people are capable, and smart enough to figure out how to obtain IDs (i.e., people in Logan, for example), and then argue out of the other corner of your mouth that rural black people are not smart enough, or capable of figuring out how to obtain IDs (in the South).   Claiming voter ID laws are not fair, because black people in rural areas supposedly can't figure out how to obtain an ID.

Sorry, but that's racist.   There is no reason why anyone would believe that rural white people are smarter than rural black people, unless you believe in racism.  

Has anyone on this board ever met any adult who didn't have an I.D.?

Everyone who rents one of my mini-storages has to have an I.D. and I live in the most rural place in America where it is 50+ miles to the nearest DMV.   It is never an issue.

Everyone that comes into our hospital has to show I.D. and other than Burners who specifically go without I.D. because they are thieves, there is never an issue.

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Well, you are the same guy that claims rural white people are capable, and smart enough to figure out how to obtain IDs (i.e., people in Logan, for example), and then argue out of the other corner of your mouth that rural black people are not smart enough, or capable of figuring out how to obtain IDs (in the South).   Claiming voter ID laws are not fair, because black people in rural areas supposedly can't figure out how to obtain an ID.

Sorry, but that's racist.   There is no reason why anyone would believe that rural white people are smarter than rural black people, unless you believe in racism.  

Contrary to them often repeated byu myth. Aggies drive cars in addition to farm equipment and we have a local DMV.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I know a few who don't.  They don't drive, and never leave their area and everyone knows them.  I suppose they just don't need/want them.

In both rural and urban areas. 

20 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I know a few who don't.  They don't drive, and never leave their area and everyone knows them.  I suppose they just don't need/want them.

In both rural and urban areas. 

How do you know they don't have an I.D.?

I will bet if you ask them they will produce one.

To not have an I.D. you have to be willing to forgo all welfare, all banking, all driving, homeownership, social security, medicare, medicaid, you could not legally hold a job, go to school, go to a homeless shelter or food pantry.  You could not go to a hospital, receive low income housing or section 8 benefits.   Obviously you could not get on a plane or buy a bus ticket or stay in a hotel.  You could not buy alcohol or cigarettes.  

Pretty rare person to not use at least some of these services.

It is just another obvious example of the racism of the democratic party.

Guest #1Stunner
17 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Contrary to them often repeated byu myth. Aggies drive cars in addition to farm equipment and we have a local DMV.

Contrary to the often repeated liberal myth, Black people in rural areas drive cars in addition to farm equipment, and all have a local DMV.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Except the big "RUSSIANS" thing in the media right now is about outsiders influencing the voting. Keeping the integrity of the voting process.

Let's spend the few dollars to get everyone an ID to help better their life. Not just to vote, because you cannot do a damn thing in this country without an ID.

Its a win-win. ID's for everyone. Less of a chance of voter fraud. The cost would be minuscule.

I don't think the RUSSIANS actually showed up at the polls and impersonated legit voters.

How about we take the money that was to go to ID's for all in your scenario and use it to strengthen cyber security in our elections to help prevent election tampering?

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't think the RUSSIANS actually showed up at the polls and impersonated legit voters.

How about we take the money that was to go to ID's for all in your scenario and use it to strengthen cyber security in our elections to help prevent election tampering?

But the claim is they broke the integrity of our election.

Voter fraud, tampering and illegal influence are all in the same boat. Let's tighten it up.

In 2012 less than 1% of Americans were still without ID's. That's about 3 million people.

That can't be that expensive in getting these people the available ID.

As for cyber security that should fall under the defense budget and from reading very little about it before it is definitely a growing field in the military.

That ID money isn't taking or affecting that at all.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

26 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

To not have an I.D. you have to be willing to forgo all welfare, all banking, all driving, homeownership, social security, medicare, medicaid, you could not legally hold a job, go to school, go to a homeless shelter or food pantry.  You could not go to a hospital, receive low income housing or section 8 benefits.   Obviously you could not get on a plane or buy a bus ticket or stay in a hotel.  You could not buy alcohol or cigarettes.  

You are wrong on almost every one of these things.

5 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

You are wrong on almost every one of these things.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! H A! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Name one example I am wrong retard.    

You are so stupid it is hilarious.  Most of those examples it is the law that you have to provide I.D..

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Photo ID is not required for Section 8.

I said an ID is required moron.

If it isn't then I want  you to fill out a couple hundred section 8 forms for me I will provide you with a list of names and their landlord which of course will be a fictitious panamanian corporation that will disappear 5 minutes after we cash those checks.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

I said an ID is required moron.

If it isn't then I want  you to fill out a couple hundred section 8 forms for me I will provide you with a list of names and their landlord which of course will be a fictitious panamanian corporation that will disappear 5 minutes after we cash those checks.

The discussion was about Photo ID for voting. Don't try and pretend you meant something different now. You really shouldn't try to talk about things that you know nothing about.

Birth Certificate and SS card for each family member is required. Landlords are required to file a W-9 form with the Housing Authority. Ownership is verified with the County Recorder's office. If the Owner of the property uses a property management company. They must furnish the HA with a management contract. The units must be inspected at least annually to ensure they meet minimum housing quality standards and that the family resides in the unit.

There are a shit load of fraud protections for both the tenant and the landlord, and a photo ID isn't required from either.

45 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The discussion was about Photo ID for voting. Don't try and pretend you meant something different now. You really shouldn't try to talk about things that you know nothing about.

Birth Certificate and SS card for each family member is required. Landlords are required to file a W-9 form with the Housing Authority. Ownership is verified with the County Recorder's office. If the Owner of the property uses a property management company. They must furnish the HA with a management contract. The units must be inspected at least annually to ensure they meet minimum housing quality standards and that the family resides in the unit.

There are a shit load of fraud protections for both the tenant and the landlord, and a photo ID isn't required from either.

No shit moron, I know how section 8 works better then you do.   Yes I know you claim to run the program but we already have proven you are incompetent with your other responsibilities.   It is obvious you are ignorant and incompetent.   Which is why I called you on your lie.

4 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

This is exactly what I said moron and the word photo is not in their anywhere.

Caught in another obvious lie.  hA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

No shit moron, I know how section 8 works better then you do.   Yes I know you claim to run the program but we already have proven you are incompetent with your other responsibilities.   It is obvious you are ignorant and incompetent.   Which is why I called you on your lie.

This is exactly what I said moron and the word photo is not in their anywhere.

Caught in another obvious lie.  hA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Everyone who rents one of my mini-storages has to have an I.D. and I live in the most rural place in America where it is 50+ miles to the nearest DMV.   It is never an issue.

Everyone that comes into our hospital has to show I.D. and other than Burners who specifically go without I.D. because they are thieves, there is never an issue.

This entire thread is about voter ID. In what state is a non photo ID allowed to vote?

You say you require an ID for your mini storage and you have never had a problem, even though the nearest DMV is more than 50 miles away. What kind of ID do you get at the DMV? A freaking Photo ID.

So don't start claiming now that you were really talking about some generic non photo ID. We both know that's bull shit.

You don't know shit about how Section 8 works.

42 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

This entire thread is about voter ID. In what state is a non photo ID allowed to vote?

You say you require an ID for your mini storage and you have never had a problem, even though the nearest DMV is more than 50 miles away. What kind of ID do you get at the DMV? A freaking Photo ID.

So don't start claiming now that you were really talking about some generic non photo ID. We both know that's bull shit.

You don't know shit about how Section 8 works.

I was just talking about I.D., photo as well as birth certificates which I also mentioned, as was obvious from what I wrote.

You are on the moon with your ignorance, no one ever has any idea what racist idea or lie you will come up with next.

I don't have to claim anything moron, it is in writing.

I know you need I.D. for section 8 unlike you.