Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Are voter ID laws racist?

Cal Berkeley is a hotbed of white leftist racism. Excellent post @#1Stunner - those Subaru driving bigots needed to be exposed. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

THISGONBGUD.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Do voter ID law suppress minority voting? Yes, because they suppress anyone who lives away from essential services and who don't have the resources to get there. Statistically that impacts minorities more than white people.

Do voter ID laws target minorities? No, they generally target people who republicans think are statistically more likely to vote democrat. It's a game between D and R to get voting laws that benefit them, be they districting or voting restrictions.

Is it easy to find stupid college kids? Yes. You aren't in college because you have everything figured out, college is there to give you the tools to be able to figure things out

Is it ridiculously easy to make a video cut with 4 interviews that give guys on here the dopamine rush that "omg I'm smarter than college kids lawl"? Yeah and it's kinda disappointing you guys didn't recognize that in yourself

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, happycamper said:

Do voter ID law suppress minority voting? Yes, because they suppress anyone who lives away from essential services and who don't have the resources to get there. Statistically that impacts minorities more than white people.

Do voter ID laws target minorities? No, they generally target people who republicans think are statistically more likely to vote democrat. It's a game between D and R to get voting laws that benefit them, be they districting or voting restrictions.

Is it easy to find stupid college kids? Yes. You aren't in college because you have everything figured out, college is there to give you the tools to be able to figure things out

Is it ridiculously easy to make a video cut with 4 interviews that give guys on here the dopamine rush that "omg I'm smarter than college kids lawl"? Yeah and it's kinda disappointing you guys didn't recognize that in yourself

Why are are you assuming that we did not recognize that this video could have been edited?

Just enjoy it for what it is.   And yes, there is some truth that some white people are clueless about black people.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Why are are you assuming that we did not recognize that this video could have been edited?

Just enjoy it for what it is.   And yes, there is some truth that some white people are clueless about black people.

Lol stunner. 

The video is there because humans value anecdotes more than numbers. It is edited or not edited, it's who gives a shit? Going out and interviewing people on the street, then posting 4 interviews out of however many you filmed, doesn't show anything other than "you can find dumb people by talking to people". 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

http://stanford.edu/~jgrimmer/comment_final.pdf

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

My favorite videos are the ones with that guy trying to trade away a one ounce gold coin in front of a coin shop for various items of no real worth and people saying no.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Lol stunner. 

The video is there because humans value anecdotes more than numbers. It is edited or not edited, it's who gives a shit? Going out and interviewing people on the street, then posting 4 interviews out of however many you filmed, doesn't show anything other than "you can find dumb people by talking to people". 

Voter ID laws would result in a lot fewer voters in Caldwell Idaho.  That's a good thing...

Non-whites always smell funny.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

21 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Thanks, that's interesting. I don't feel bad about being 2 months out of date

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My favorite videos are the ones with that guy trying to trade away a one ounce gold coin in front of a coin shop for various items of no real worth and people saying no.

link. I need to laugh

laws can't be racist. people who pass them and enforce them can be. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I always question the validity of those videos. Yes they are funny and like another poster said it's nice to feel that you're much smarter than them. However, I always have a feeling they are staged or they did this hundreds of times and only showed the the few times the person answered the question wrong or chose the stupid choice.

It's not racist to hold everyone to the same standard when buying alcohol, cigarettes, voting, etc.  You should have to prove who you say you are when you are doing something as important as voting.

I frankly don't understand where all these people are that can't get ID.

I haven't watched the video.  I'm sure it's a huge "gotcha" though.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg