Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

It's 2017 and this shit still happens

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

"The punishment site was under tight security. The young men were caned alongside four other couples, who had been found guilty of being intimate outside of marriage."

Not that it makes it any better, but gays weren't singled out (they were only 20% of the canees). Not that that matters to the press.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/asia/indonesia-caning-homosexuality/

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

"The punishment site was under tight security. The young men were caned alongside four other couples, who had been found guilty of being intimate outside of marriage."

Not that it makes it any better, but gays weren't singled out (they were only 20% of the canees). Not that that matters to the press.....

It sounds like gays WERE singled out.  They were caned along with adulterers.  Were the gays caned for adultery, or for being gay?

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It sounds like gays WERE singled out.  They were caned along with adulterers.  Were the gays caned for adultery, or for being gay?

Have no idea if the heteros were married - I just assumed they were caned for fornication, just like the gays were.

38 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Gives new meaning to the term "butthurt."

I really like how the press ignores the heteros that were caned. You'd think they had an agenda or something...

How can you say that "the press ignores the heteros that were caned" WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THEIR CANING FROM THE PRESS?

Jesus you're stupid

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Being gay is how it sounds but the articles aren't exactly clear other than "aceh province is nuts". 

Also, gay people make up way less than 20% of the population...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 minutes ago, happycamper said:

How can you say that "the press ignores the heteros that were caned" WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THEIR CANING FROM THE PRESS?

Jesus you're stupid

Being gay is how it sounds but the articles aren't exactly clear other than "aceh province is nuts". 

It was a small sample size of 5 couples.  The percentages are deceiving. 

33 minutes ago, happycamper said:

This little irony is easy to find around here.

47 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Jesus you're stupid

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This little irony is easy to find around here.

Show me one headline that mentions anyone but the gay guys.

The CNN article I linked had the hetero stuff buried a few paragraphs inside, a few words out of many, and mentioned no human rights OR ANY OTHER concerns for anyone other than the gay guys. 

Yeah, there is no bias or agenda in the reporting. 

CwVxjCrXEAAkjra.jpg

5 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Show me one headline that mentions anyone but the gay guys.

The CNN article I linked had the hetero stuff buried a few paragraphs inside, a few words out of many, and mentioned no human rights OR ANY OTHER concerns for anyone other than the gay guys. 

Yeah, there is no bias or agenda in the reporting. 

CwVxjCrXEAAkjra.jpg

Oh right, so the article should have said "5 couples caned, all justified" so you would have been happy?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Sadly there's right wing religious types that would accept that in the US 

There is probably one posting in this thread ;) 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

18 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

18 hours ago, just_chris said:

There is probably one posting in this thread ;) 

Who?

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Who?

The guy who posts pictures of statues of a man and a boy in Spain and tries to pass if it as some sick twisted Harvey Milk child molestation statue because it fits his gay hating agenda. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 5/24/2017 at 10:28 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Um, you must have just been released from a peace and love commune where you were sheltered your entire life. Yes, there's a religion called Islam, and many countries have their justice system based on it. Yes, it's a big no-no to put your weenie in the trash shute. Wow, If this has you fired up, do yourself a favor and don't read anymore news. 

Yeah, it's 2017 and people are still tortured. I'm talking drug cartel torture, not the pussy snowflake definition. And not just people. It's 2017 and there are still Shark fisherman that use live puppies as shark bait. They put a big hook through their mouth, and the bleeding and movement of the puppy agonizing in pain attracts the shark. I was dumb enough to watch a video of it once, there are no words. 

There's a part of China that has a festival that includes cat meat. Each year, 20,000 cats are stolen off the street and picked up in shelters and trucked to the cooking locations. They cram a bunch of cats in each tiny cage and are stacked very high for shipment. When they arrive, they throw the cages to the ground from up high and it breaks the legs of some of the cats. Then they take them in and skin them alive. They pull the skin off over the head like a rubber glove. You can still see the cats eyes with all the blood around and they are completely stunned and in shock. The cats are still alive at this point and then they're tossed into boiling water to cook. 

PETA had some undercover video of this and I was dumb enough to watch it too. No words. They are asked why they kill the cats this way and they respond that they taste better this way and it's cheaper. This is getting more attention now and some Chinese animal activists blocked a truck of cats from moving and then bought the cats from the driver. But that was just a tiny victory in the grand scheme. It's 2017, and there's a lot to be outraged about. But getting 2 hard smacks somehow doesn't quite make the cut. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Who?

Don't know - except for me and few other outed lefties............the rest of the board are straight up moderate centrists, who don't identify with any particular political party or ideology  - this "right wing" thing is a creation of fake news :unsure: ................. there is ONLY liberal media which all moderate centrists can't trust 

On 5/24/2017 at 0:48 PM, UNLV2001 said:

It's sad that there are left wing types that would do this to people who are simply not left wing.