Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise Fans - When are you starting construction on your stadium expansion?

Guest #1Stunner

The brochure closes out with a plan that has been on the table for the past five years, which is Boise State’s goal of expanding Albertson’s Stadium from it’s current capacity of 36,387 to 48,0000. That stadium would be larger than Colorado State’s new 35,000 seat, 41,000 capacity stadium. The Broncos highlight their average home attendance record of 34,000 which is the highest among Mountain West teams and 3rd among the list of 18 teams pitching the Big 12, with only BYU and Cincinnati drawing more fans to their games.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

"...in the classroom or the research lab."      

:lol::lol:

Doesn't Bob Kustra mean in the garage bays or the diesel mechanic shops?? Or do they really just have ONE classroom and ONE research lab?!? :rotflmfao::rotflmfao::rotflmfao:

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things, but I seem to recall the next stadium items were improvements, not "expansion" which would imply additional seating.

To state the obvious; unless there is a change in Conference (e.g. some miracle occurred and we were in a P5 Conference), or at the very least a change in start times to traditional Saturday afternoon kickoffs with one or two novelty Thursday night games, there is really no need for additional seats.

All that said, thanks for thinking of us StunGun. Love ya man. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things, but I seem to recall the next stadium items were improvements, not "expansion" which would imply additional seating.

To state the obvious; unless there is a change in Conference (e.g. some miracle occurred and we were in a P5 Conference), or at the very least a change in start times to traditional Saturday afternoon kickoffs with one or two novelty Thursday night games, there is really no need for additional seats.

All that said, thanks for thinking of us StunGun. Love ya man. 

Are you seriously saying that a 48,000 seat stadium would be too large?  Seriously?   Maybe if you expanded, you might actually be able to offer some reasonably priced seats for families, or less wealthy Boise fans (like truckers).

Your excuses are weak, sorry.  The Utes have been packing a tiny 45,000 seat stadium for years.  Boise has a larger following than Utah does.  Having more fans, Boise should have at least as high of attendance as a school like Utah.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

Have you seen our attendance numbers?

Yeah, cause your stadium way over charges for tickets.  There is no cheaper option...  Pricing the Caldwellians, the Jerome'ites, the Nampans, Mormon families, and Truckers out of buying tickets.  There is NO significant end zone seating option.

Bottom line:. Boise has a significantly larger fanbase than Utah does.   This is not disputed.   Boise owns the entire State.  

Yet, the Utes pack their tiny 45,000 seat stadium, which you claim is way too big for a school like Boise?   That's weak...

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Yeah, cause your stadium way over charges for tickets.  There is no cheaper option...  Pricing the Caldwellians, the Jerome'ites, the Nampans, Mormon families, and Truckers out of buying tickets.  There is NO significant end zone seating option.

Bottom line:. Boise has a significantly larger fanbase than Utah does.   This is not disputed.   Boise owns the entire State.  

Yet, the Utes pack their tiny 45,000 seat stadium, which you claim is way too big for a school like Boise?   That's weak...

Eh, we could debate this, but the numbers speak for themselves.

EDIT: We need to make what we have BETTER, not bigger. If something changes that might drive attendance up (as discussed above, in the post you quoted) then they should make some plans to accommodate more folks.

Drop prices? lol, yeah try to get that done. Our AD has made it clear, he wants that sweet-sweet extra $$ that we have to sell our start times for AND he wants fans to pay premium prices for games that will get people home after midnight while playing  a MWC schedule.

Again, I really do appreciate you coming to the MWC board and posting about a MWC topic.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RogueStout said:

Eh, we could debate this, but the numbers speak for themselves.

I've heard that Boise way overcharges for tickets, compared to other programs.  That it is affecting ticket demand.   I don't know if this is 100% true.

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Yes you do, you posted at length about the topic in years past.

Thanks for looking out for us bro.

I'm looking out for my people -- the poor, and disaffected.  

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm looking out for my people -- the poor, and disaffected.  

You're still upset that BYU has lost control of both Idaho Falls and @BroncoOrange.

1021%20BSU%20football%2016

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You're still upset that BYU has lost control of both Idaho Falls and @BroncoOrange.

1021%20BSU%20football%2016

I'm extremely upset that @BroncoOrange continues his open rebellion, yes.

But BYU is winning back Idaho Falls, and never lost Rexburg.  

Sitake was just in Rexburg, and had this to say:

BYU is also planning to hold a scrimmage in Idaho Falls sometime soon.  Eastern Idaho is our property!!!

9 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

"...in the classroom or the research lab."      

:lol::lol:

Doesn't Bob Kustra mean in the garage bays or the diesel mechanic shops?? Or do they really just have ONE classroom and ONE research lab?!? :rotflmfao::rotflmfao::rotflmfao:

Every time you post, a homosexual dies...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

27 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

He's just upset that BYU lost East Idaho because of BSU dominance. 

22 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm extremely upset that @BroncoOrange continues his open rebellion, yes.

But BYU is winning back Idaho Falls, and never lost Rexburg.  

Sitake was just in Rexburg, and had this to say:

BYU is also planning to hold a scrimmage in Idaho Falls sometime soon.  Eastern Idaho is our property!!!

Everyone makes mistakes in life. I've actually been a BSU fan for longer now, than BYU. Some times as a child you don't know any better and then you grow up and realize there is so much more out there. 

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

He's just upset that BYU lost East Idaho because of BSU dominance. 

Everyone makes mistakes in life. I've actually been a BSU fan for longer now, than BYU. Some times as a child you don't know any better and then you grow up and realize there is so much more out there. 

I'm telling you, when the new arena in Idaho Falls gets built, I'm going to make sure that a BYU basketball game is played there.

I also expect more BYU fan events and a scrimmage to be scheduled in Rexburg, and possibly also Idaho Falls.  

We are getting back the lost sheep.