Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Lease approved

10 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

There is a reason why unlv football has always sucked. It's not the city, stadium or conference. 

Its you. 

Me personally? I had no idea I could wield so much power over the program. Can you teach me how to use my power more effectively? I think that if I channel my powers more effectively maybe we can win more games.

5 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Me personally? I had no idea I could wield so much power over the program. Can you teach me how to use my power more effectively? I think that if I channel my powers more effectively maybe we can win more games.

Caught me. It's typical rebel fan. Don't demand a winner as long as there is air conditioning. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

What does 10k look like in a 65k size stadium? 

Ask TEMPLE.   They seem to be growing their fanbase every year.   Lots of growth by Temple since they joined the AAC, and started playing in the Eagles' stadium.

temple-linc.jpg

635902423271263826-2117015123_101915-lin

Guest #1Stunner
20 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Caught me. It's typical rebel fan. Don't demand a winner as long as there is air conditioning. 

Not sure why you are upset that UNLV is getting an awesome stadium.   

It could be much worse for them than too much capacity.   Glass houses, Bro....

Boise-State-Football.jpg

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Not sure why you are upset that UNLV is getting an awesome stadium.   

It could be much worse for them than too much capacity.   Glass houses, Bro....

Boise-State-Football.jpg

what is all that grey area between the stands and the field?

What happens to Sam Boyd... does it get torn down, or does the city just keep using it for other venues like high school playoffs/state championships, rodeos? Not really that bad of a stadium... at least your benches have seat backs... wish UNM had those.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

25 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

What happens to Sam Boyd... does it get torn down, or does the city just keep using it for other venues like high school playoffs/state championships, rodeos? Not really that bad of a stadium... at least your benches have seat backs... wish UNM had those.

We are keeping it available for SUDS.  They might be looking for a new home field in 2020.  Pac12 loves playing in Vegas so this might be the golden aztec ticket.

13 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

NFL owners approve lease agreement for Raiders stadium in Las Vegas

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/may/23/nfl-owners-approve-lease-agreement-for-raiders-sta/

I clicked this thinking it had something to do with SUDS stadium situation...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

10 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

We are keeping it available for SUDS.  They might be looking for a new home field in 2020.  Pac12 loves playing in Vegas so this might be the golden aztec ticket.

Maybe they could do like an IUPUI thing? SDSULV?

After all these years of trying to get a major professional sports franchise in Vegas we end up with 2 over a period of many years. Them times they are a changin'. With the NFL signing off on Vegas the old crap about gaming and sports being something evil is now over. It's just a matter of time before the real corrupt sports organization, the NCAA, comes a calling. Between the indoor arena and stadium we should start to see the major bowls and tournaments here in a few years. I could care less about going but they bring in money which is where it is really at.  

10 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Maybe they could do like an IUPUI thing? SDSULV?

Nah, man, gotta do like Indiana University of Pennsylvania. 

San Diego State University of Nevada.

They'll have Nevada over their chests from now on, pissing off both UNLV and UNR. 

On 5/23/2017 at 8:20 PM, boisewitha-s said:

How about a winning football team?  Who gives a shit if the parking lot is paved or not?  Who cares about the stadium?  

This is the problem with rebel fans and the number one reason why unlv will never be worth a shit. 

But it goes hand in hand.  In order to win on the field, you need your facilities to reflect that.  Sam Boyd is horrible.  You bring in recruits to that dump on their trip, and they start second guessing.  You bring them into a first-class nfl facility on the strip two miles from campus, they'll start imagining playing there.  When the talent on the field improves, the winning will improve which will bring in even better recruits.  It all starts with facilities and dedication to the program with UNLV. 

7 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

But it goes hand in hand.  In order to win on the field, you need your facilities to reflect that.  Sam Boyd is horrible.  You bring in recruits to that dump on their trip, and they start second guessing.  You bring them into a first-class nfl facility on the strip two miles from campus, they'll start imagining playing there.  When the talent on the field improves, the winning will improve which will bring in even better recruits.  It all starts with facilities and dedication to the program with UNLV. 

Have you seen Albertson Stadium?  It's not the Shangri-La, but they have good practice and training facilities.  SDSU doesn't even have a shitty Albertson's, and they don't have the best training and practice facilities.  They are still winning.  :shrug: