Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

InfoWars granted temporary White House press credentials

Far-right website InfoWars was granted temporary White House press credentials on Monday.

Jerome Corsi, the Washington, DC bureau chief for the site that's known for its propagation of conspiracy theories about the September 11 terrorist attacks and the Sandy Hook shooting, tweeted a picture of himself inside the White House press briefing room.

http://www.businessinsider.com/infowars-granted-white-house-press-credentials-2017-5

Granted, they're just temporary credentials, but given Trump's love for Alex Jones, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them getting permanent credentials. That being said, the fact that an alt-right conspiracy theory site even got a daily press pass is disgusting. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/infowars-granted-white-house-press-credentials-2017-5

Granted, they're just temporary credentials, but given Trump's love for Alex Jones, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them getting permanent credentials. That being said, the fact that an alt-right conspiracy theory site even got a daily press pass is disgusting. 

Everyone who asks should get a press credential.   No one should get special seating.  There should be a random number generator to determine who gets to ask questions.

It is just free speech, nothing to be scared of.

We should get Mug a credential. Or is there anyone who lives in DC on this board who can do it?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

InfoWars is the right's version of MSNBC.

I was thinking, Think Progress.  I mean, MSNBC is the counter to Fox.  But neither are as far right as InfoWars or Left as Think Progress

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I was thinking, Think Progress.  I mean, MSNBC is the counter to Fox.  But neither are as far right as InfoWars or Left as Think Progress

Watch Maddow and Matthews for a few hours ... you'll see what I mean. ;) 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Watch Maddow and Matthews for a few hours ... you'll see what I mean. ;) 

I watched about 20 minutes of Maddow when she did her big reveal of Trump's first 2 pages of his 2005 tax return.  That's about all I could handle of her. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don't think much of think progress or MSNBC, but even they aren't infowars, more like Townhall and Foxnews. Infowars is coast to coast mixed with various elements of the right wing.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don't think much of think progress or MSNBC, but even they aren't infowars, more like Townhall and Foxnews. Infowars is coast to coast mixed with various elements of the right wing.

InfoWars helped to propagate the pizzagate bullshit, along with 4chan and /r/the_donald. Alex Jones ranted about how Hillary worships the devil, and that the Super Bowl halftime shows for the last two years were satanic rituals. They've run articles claiming that 9/11, Columbine, Oklahoma City, Sandy Hook, and the Boston Marathon attacks were all inside government jobs. They have claimed that the New World Order is opening demonic gateways to hell, and that they're going to use them to bring demons to the world to stage a false alien attack. 

InfoWars isn't MSNBC or even ThinkProgress.... they're the National Inquirer meets Coast to Coast, with elements of 4chan and /r/the_donald, and has no redeeming qualities. 

Just now, retrofade said:

InfoWars helped to propagate the pizzagate bullshit, along with 4chan and /r/the_donald. Alex Jones ranted about how Hillary worships the devil, and that the Super Bowl halftime shows for the last two years were satanic rituals. They've run articles claiming that 9/11, Columbine, Oklahoma City, Sandy Hook, and the Boston Marathon attacks were all inside government jobs. They have claimed that the New World Order is opening demonic gateways to hell, and that they're going to use them to bring demons to the world to stage a false alien attack. 

InfoWars isn't MSNBC or even ThinkProgress.... they're the National Inquirer meets Coast to Coast, with no redeeming qualities. 

Similar to jackmormon's record on "gotchas."

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

InfoWars is the right's version of MSNBC.

More like "attn" or Occupy Democrats

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

More like "attn" or Occupy Democrats

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

InfoWars isn't MSNBC or even ThinkProgress.... they're the National Inquirer meets Coast to Coast, with elements of 4chan and /r/the_donald, and has no redeeming qualities. 

I am thankful that I have not heard of any of these "news" sources.

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

Or @sactowndog's record on thugs in the Placer County GOP

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I'm not even in this thread.  Am I living rent free in your mind to that extent?   Been checking my wife's Facebook posts again Roswell?

Just patiently awaiting your retraction of your libelous accusations about the Placer County GOP. 

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

I am thankful that I have not heard of any of these "news" sources.

attn is "In America, horrible thing is the norm!!!! (shows picture of worst possible example of America - obesity in Mississippi, school results in New Mexico, lack of public transport in the West, or even just lies like no federal unemployment while ignoring that it is a state level thing) meanwhile, in Europe, great thing is everywhere!!!!!! (shows pictures or video of one of Germany, Denmark, or Sweden, claims that this is Europe, and acts if the best case is the rule for a continent".

Want an example?

In America, when you lose your job, you're on your own!

Video of man in NYC crying in his car saying he doesn't know what he's going to do now

Meanwhile, in EUROPE, it's different!

Video of people calmly talking, presumably in an exit interview, text states that "In Germany, you get 60% of your pay for 6 months to look at a job!"

LIKE if you think that AMERICA should be more like EUROPE!

It's like that for every. Single. Issue. 

If you make a comment like "that's nice, but in America unemployment is a state level service and in Wyoming you actually get 85% of your income for a year with unemployment" you get heckled by European knob gobblers and actual, generally poorly informed, Europeans who get pissed when the richest country in the world also isn't somehow an economic dystopia. 

Occupy Democrats is worse. It is "BIG LIE ABOUT HOW BAD REPUBLICANS ARE" over an image macro. That's it. It's still treated as a news source

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

53 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Just patiently awaiting your retraction of your libelous accusations about the Placer County GOP. 

Why don't you go to my wife's Facebook page and let her know your eager for a resolution.  We all know you've been there before.