Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Athlon says Brett Rypien is better than Jockstrap Allen

4 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Athlon has just lost all credibility with me. It's not just a bad analysis, it goes beyond that. Athlon knows how excited Wyoming fans will be to see Allen kick ass this year, and Athlon knows that. Their game playing tactics really do get into 'evil' territory. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fake News! Alternative Facts!

FIFY

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'd put Alexander Mattison 1st team ahead of Butler. Butler is the safe pick based on previous results, but the starter at RB has had big years for a long time at Boise State, and Harsin has shown that he doesn't rotate much, so he is certainly going to get a ton of carries. Also, Leighton Vander Ecsh 3rd Team LB should have a good year in his first season starting. He is my pick to have a breakout year. One they whiffed on is OL Isaiah Moore. Scout and 247 both list the JC transfer as a 4**** and another calls him the top recruit in the MW. Had offers from UCLA, Arizona, Minnesota, Iowa State, West Virginia, Houston, Cincy, as well as others. With three on the OL graduating he's a likely contributor immediately.

The retired Redskins QB? Yeah super bowl MVPs are generally better than second year college starters

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Athlon has just lost all credibility with me. It's not just a bad analysis, it goes beyond that. Athlon knows how excited Wyoming fans will be to see Allen kick ass this year, and Athlon knows that. Their game playing tactics really do get into 'evil' territory. 

What's Phil Steel have to say?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

48 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Rypien is good, no denying that.  Who knows which one will be better at the next level.  I hope both are.

Rypien really needs to learn to use the middle of the field much better. He likes those sideline passes way too much. Hopefully that is something they worked on in the offseason

46 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Rypien really needs to learn to use the middle of the field much better. He likes those sideline passes way too much. Hopefully that is something they worked on in the offseason

Ya'll are forgetting about option #3.  Stevens was statistically the best QB in the league last year.  Just sayin'.

Hawaii has the 2nd most 1st teamers after Boise. 3 first teamers on defense, we are going to kick all your asses

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii has the 2nd most 1st teamers after Boise. 3 first teamers on defense, we are going to kick all your asses

I saw that.  Of course I don't think first team vs 4th team means as much on a preseason list like this, but it is nice to get guys on the list.

13 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I saw that.  Of course I don't think first team vs 4th team means as much on a preseason list like this, but it is nice to get guys on the list.

We still got a couple more possible 1st teamers on denfense that are not with the team right now, Kennedy Tuimasaalii and Jamie Tago. One got dismissed and trying to get reinstated and the other is currently suspended. Does not look good for both of them at this time. Tago was a Juco all American at DE and Kennedy made all conference his soph season at DT

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

We still got a couple more possible 1st teamers on denfense that are not with the team right now, Kennedy Tuimasaalii and Jamie Tago. One got dismissed and trying to get reinstated and the other is currently suspended. Does not look good for both of them at this time. Tago was a Juco all American at DE and Kennedy made all conference his soph season at DT

Yeah, that's kind of my point about it being a pre-season list.  CSU has some help coming in on defense as well, that we won't see until fall.  Also a RS NT that I watched a bit in the spring that could be a monster.  From what I saw he's got some things to learn, and one of those being not taking plays off, but I saw him completely dominate our starting center on a couple of plays.  Just no telling for sure what will or won't happen come fall.

22 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Ya'll are forgetting about option #3.  Stevens was statistically the best QB in the league last year.  Just sayin'.

Did I tell ya I met his fiance (it might have been his wife) and parents in Boise? We had a long conversation. Obviously they were really excited. I think that might have been his first start after being benched. I had my CSU gear on so they came right up to me.

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Did I tell ya I met his fiance (it might have been his wife) and parents in Boise? We had a long conversation. Obviously they were really excited. I think that might have been his first start after being benched. I had my CSU gear on so they came right up to me.

Nice, and yes that was his wife.

I remember when he visited CSU for the spring game as a HS senior.  All the recruits standing on the sideline in normal coats and hoodies, some in CSU hoodies.  Nick was the only wearing his letter jacket, and there wasn't an inch of it that wasn't covered with awards.  I was thinking, "well he's not afraid to start a dick measuring contest, I like his confidence".

I am convinced that as far as the skill set goes, he is clearly the #2 QB on our roster.  His experience and grasp of the offense however have me looking forward to a potentially record setting senior season.