Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

The next TV contract. What will it take to keep the Aztecs?

Guest Dr. Dre

With the stadium battle in full gloves off mode, there has been a lot of talk on sports radio this past week about SDSU's ambitions both academically and athletically. Quite frankly, the local talking heads have not been kind to the Mountain West conference- with one host calling it an "absolutely HORRIBLE conference" and another mentioning its filled with "pathetic competition". A lot of talk about how we need to be thinking P5 and/or BOR. With that said, I think the new TV contract is critical to keep us in the MWC. And I don't think it has a @ph90702 chance of getting laid without emptying out his piggy bank. First of all, the Boise deal would have to go bye, and they're not going to let that happen. Second, the contract would have to be worth our while. Right now, we could get more our third tier rights alone. 

What will the new TV contract consist of, and will it be the end of the MWC?

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Talk radio doesn't have any bearing on anything. Hair could tell the new SDSU prez he needed a reacharound for them to stay and they'd do it. 

I'm afraid not. Thankfully for us, unfortunate for those we leave behind. I really believe there is nothing to keep us here. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

With the stadium battle in full gloves off mode, there has been a lot of talk on sports radio this past week about SDSU's ambitions both academically and athletically. Quite frankly, the local talking heads have not been kind to the Mountain West conference- with one host calling it an "absolutely HORRIBLE conference" and another mentioning its filled with "pathetic competition". A lot of talk about how we need to be thinking P5 and/or BOR. With that said, I think the new TV contract is critical to keep us in the MWC. And I don't think it has a @ph90702 chance of getting laid without emptying out his piggy bank. First of all, the Boise deal would have to go bye, and they're not going to let that happen. Second, the contract would have to be worth our while. Right now, we could get more our third tier rights alone. 

What will the new TV contract consist of, and will it be the end of the MWC?

Where are you going to go if you don't like it?  BOR isn't happening until 2025.  You aren't going to the PAC10.  The Big 12 is a clown show. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Where are you going to go if you don't like it?  BOR isn't happening until 2025.  You aren't going to the PAC10.  The Big 12 is a clown show. 

Join you in independence until 2025. There is NO WAY we sign a new contract unless we have a rock solid clause that lets us jet without penalty 

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

The NFL western division?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

Join you in independence until 2025. There is NO WAY we sign a new contract unless we have a rock solid clause that lets us jet without penalty 

It has it's good and bad points.  Do you think your athletic dept would really want to go that route?  We're getting several good games per year, I still want 7-8 P5 games per year and it hasn't reached that point yet.  The end of the season is a bore most of the time with easy games. 

Would you stash your Olympic sports in the Cali Bus league with Hawaii? 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I actually think San Diego State and UNLV are both strong candidates for the PAC.  I don't see Oklahoma or Texas happening.  Oklahoma is likely headed to the SEC, and Texas will just do independent because they want to keep the Longhorn Network.

Guest Dr. Dre
15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Sure there is. The little fact that your school is a CSU school. 

You're stuck here. You can have champagne dreams about being off playing with BYU somewhere, but you're here for the long term. 

I'm afraid you are in for a disappointment. Lots of groundswell on this one.

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I actually think San Diego State and UNLV are both strong candidates for the PAC.  I don't see Oklahoma or Texas happening.  Oklahoma is likely headed to the SEC, and Texas will just do independent because they want to keep the Longhorn Network.

The Pac12 doesn't want to play in a small phucking soccer stadium.  Suds cut their own nuts on that one.

Guest Dr. Dre

It has it's good and bad points.  Do you think your athletic dept would really want to go that route?  We're getting several good games per year, I still want 7-8 P5 games per year and it hasn't reached that point yet.  The end of the season is a bore most of the time with easy games. 

Would you stash your Olympic sports in the Cali Bus league with Hawaii? 

Yes. The MWC does absolutely nothing for SDSU, and we'd be foolish to stay. With a new facility to play in, land to expand the university and push our goal to be top 50 in research, we'll start drawing attention and will have absolutely no problem getting teams to play. That includes certain current MWC teams. An IMMEDIATE improvement in scheduling. This is setting up perfectly for SDSU at a near perfect time.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, josh4heisman said:

You don't have anywhere to go but independent. The Big Sky would laugh at you.

There wouldn't be any room there once Idaho and WHYome join

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

The Pac12 doesn't want to play in a small phucking soccer stadium.  Suds cut their own nuts on that one.

And they won't 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

Yes. The MWC does absolutely nothing for SDSU, and we'd be foolish to stay. With a new facility to play in, land to expand the university and push our goal to be top 50 in research, we'll start drawing attention and will have absolutely no problem getting teams to play. That includes certain current MWC teams. An IMMEDIATE improvement in scheduling. This is setting up perfectly for SDSU at a near perfect time.

Do you think the athletic dept feels the same way?  I mean, about going independent.  If you look at the uneven revenue sharing in this league, since it's inception, the league has become less competitive overall.

3 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Money talks and bullshit walks.  UNLV and San Diego State FTW.  PAC-12 can't stay at 12.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Money talks and bullshit walks.  UNLV and San Diego State FTW.  PAC-12 can't stay at 12.

You are nuts.  Suds doesn't have a Medical School, Dental School, Law School, and if you want a phD you have to register with UCSD.  That is the bullshit the Pac12 will walk away from.

Way to stay ahead of the game. The current TV deal doesn't expire until the 2019-2020 academic year. This discussion is premature at best especially considering the rapidly changing landscape of the TV market. 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Dr. Dre

Do you think the athletic dept feels the same way?  

Yes I do. Lots of alumni starting to see the light. And now it's reached the airwaves. I think they are SERIOUSLY considering it. It really is a no-brainer when considering the alternative of staying here.