Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

The next TV contract. What will it take to keep the Aztecs?

16 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

The bigger question is not about SDSU, fans should be concerned more about Fresno State leaving.

Honestly, if either of us were to go somewhere, I would like the other to join.  Fresno is typically a good athletic program, and I like the competition of our fellow Cal Stater.

19 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Correct. Nobody in the mw can sail. 

hurry up and get baseball up and running.otherwise the big west may reject boise's request to join.

6 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Couldn't get in? SDSU is head and shoulders above ALL CSUs other than Poly

Winning the tallest midget contest isn't anything to write home about. But good for you for thinking there's a marked difference between you and Cal State East Bay.

LOL.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

It would be interesting given the size of the CA market if Oceana might produce games and sell then back into the CA market.   It would also be interesting what happens to the Big West TV deal if you added Fresno and SDSU into the mix.   Coverage by California cable providers would be interesting.

Had they joined in 2013, SDSU was going to have a minimum of 12 basketball games televised through Fox Sports.  And with third tier rights reverting to the schools, they would have likely added more for volleyball, baseball, etc.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sdut-sdsu-benefit-new-big-west-tv-deal-2012sep27-story.html

This past season the BW had 14 total conference games televised - nine through Fox Sports and five through ESPNU.  with Fresno and SDSU in the mix, I'm guessing that number would increase to 18.  

20 hours ago, sactowndog said:

It would be interesting given the size of the CA market if Oceana might produce games and sell then back into the CA market.   It would also be interesting what happens to the Big West TV deal if you added Fresno and SDSU into the mix.   Coverage by California cable providers would be interesting.

Assuming the TV deal continues to benefit Boise at the expense of everybody else and further assuming it becomes obvious that any expansion of the B12 will be eastern only, one obvious option would be for SDSU, Fresno, UNLV and Hawaii to all bail for football independence and BigWest Olys membership. Not only would we be better off for football and baseball but with the three of us moving to the BW, it would be the equal of the MWC in basketball insofar as occasionally getting two NCAA tournament bids.

BTW, Whyoming Fan can go ahead and pooh-pooh it till the cows come home but at least in San Diego, sportstalk radio has become ubiquitous with criticism of the Mountain West. Folks debate many issues but as Dre said the other day nobody, NOBODY, defends that steaming pile of crap anymore.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Winning the tallest midget contest isn't anything to write home about.

Maybe not but it sure beats the hell out of being the smallest midget.:fish:

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Maybe not but it sure beats the hell out of being the smallest midget.:fish:

what if you're playing Limbo??

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest Dr. Dre
16 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

In a room full of little folks, being too tall to get under the limbo bar could probably lead to picking up a girl in that room. 

yeah. just walk over the bar

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

yeah. just walk over the bar

Or punt the little motherfvckers holding it up and get the fvck out of there so you can hit a real party.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

23 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Honestly, if either of us were to go somewhere, I would like the other to join.  Fresno is typically a good athletic program, and I like the competition of our fellow Cal Stater.

There are very few programs who do well on an island separated by significant distance from other conference members.   UNLV is close to SDSU but has never really taken football seriously and lacks recruiting.  

I think SDSU and Fresno stand a much better chance as a strong pair.  We both have work to do.  Fresno needs our stadium upgrade, Improve academics and hope Tedford performs like he is paid.   SDSU has real stadium issues and has to perform OOC.  

Sticking together, building the rivalry will only make us both stronger long term.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

There are very few programs who do well on an island separated by significant distance from other conference members.   UNLV is close to SDSU but has never really taken football seriously and lacks recruiting.  

I think SDSU and Fresno stand a much better chance as a strong pair.. 

Sticking together...

Absolutely. You should stick together like testicles. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, PTR said:

Ultimately, I think that's where this is all headed. Wait for the B12 to be cannibalized by the SEC, Pac 12 and B1G and then have a 16-20 team BOR conference comprised of leftovers, service academy football programs, and the most marketable AAC and MWC teams.

It's going to be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for an MWC program to be attractive by that point.

The worst AAC schools are spending more than the best MWC programs. In 8 years the divide between a Tulane and Colorado State will look like the Grand Canyon... which just so happens to be the school the MWC invites in response.

Not that there's anything WRONG with that...

hrlbuQXq.jpg

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

17 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Assuming the TV deal continues to benefit Boise at the expense of everybody else 

You welfare recipients crack me up. Everyone in this league makes more tv money then they ever have thanks to bsu coming back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

You welfare recipients crack me up. Everyone in this league makes more tv money then they ever have thanks to bsu coming back. 

Actually, thanks to the MTN channel dying, which wouldn't have happened had BYU stayed in the MWC.