Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

The next TV contract. What will it take to keep the Aztecs?

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, nvspuds said:

Well there you go. You have been so miserable about things it is nice you can find some silver lining. 

I have! New stadium. Indy. BOR. Ridding ourselves of Nevada. It's all champagne and caviar over this way!

10 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Not me. I just jumped in, this is Dre's show; I have him on ignore so I've missed 30% of the thread.

"Disappointment" is fine but still refusing to schedule BYU doesn't make sense from a business standpoint and seems to be cutting off your nose...

I've said that personally, I wouldn't be against scheduling BYU in September, before conference play begins.  But both teams (Wyo and BYU) seem to be able to get all of the OOC games in September that they want.

I don't like scheduling OOC games in late Oct and Nov.  That's time for conference play.  BYU, as an independent, struggles to get Nov games.  All they seem to be able to get in Nov are MWC teams, largely.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

40 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Wyoming, CSU and UNM fans being mad at BYU for leaving is somewhat humorous. After all, they were part of the airport group who met in secret to splinter off from the WAC 16. Why should they then be made when BYU then turned around and left the MWC? 

There is this thing called a valid reason. BYU* was driven by childish hysteria over getting left out.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

I sure am. Yeah. I know it stings. Cowboy up. 

There you go again.  Worrying about how I feel.  Such empathy.  Thanks

I highly recommend you quit worrying about Wyo and it's fans.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest Dr. Dre
15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

this is Dre's show; I have him on ignore so I've missed 30% of the thread.

Yer missing a good one. It's award winning. May as well just hand me next year's trophy. 

But in all seriousness, we gone

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, pokebball said:

There you go again.  Worrying about how I feel.  Such empathy.  Thanks

I highly recommend you quit worrying about Wyo and it's fans.

Man are you ever butt hurt. 

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

Sorry Dre..you still sound miserable ....

He is. He's an urban hillbilly with no experience beyond the twenty square blocks he grew up in and very little understanding of how the world outside of his own perception of it really works. He is a desperately frustrated map bender with what are likely padded room, strait jacket, chronic drooling tendencies that are approaching clinical Oedipal proportions.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 5/21/2017 at 1:59 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Is that it?  That's the big plan?  Wait 7-8 years for the B12 to implode and then join the remnants? 

That's right. That's the plan. CSU has the same plan and so do UNLV, Fresno and UNM.

Meanwhile Nevada Reno's plan and that of the rest of this godforesaken conference is to merge with the Big Sky after the rest of us leave.

(Boise goan continue to milk the TV broadcast goat, although when that happens, the only goat will be Root Sports.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

This thread is awesome.  Rarely do I read an entire thread but this one has delivered.

I don't know why people feel the need to pile on Dre for wanting to leave this conference.  

If he wants to get out so what!!  I want out too for god sakes.  This conference is a steaming pile of shit run by an inept idiot with a bunch of craptastic teams.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

21 hours ago, edluvar said:

I think sdsu should go Indy.  Let Hawaii go as well over the travel subs.  It's not like sdsu has done anything lately in basketball and getting thumped by sun belt schools every year in football is embarrassing.   

Not close to as embarrassing as Boise State's academics. But carry on.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 5/21/2017 at 8:09 AM, Jack Bauer said:

It has it's good and bad points.  Do you think your athletic dept would really want to go that route?  We're getting several good games per year, I still want 7-8 P5 games per year and it hasn't reached that point yet.  The end of the season is a bore most of the time with easy games. 

Would you stash your Olympic sports in the Cali Bus league with Hawaii? 

I didn't like the bus league a few years ago but it's  really not that bad. Their softball, soccer, baseball and volleyball is 2nd to none. SD St would dominate in BB and be the Gonzaga of the Big West. I think even if they don't go Indy, SD st should go ahead and make that move with their oly sports to the Big West already.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, Scooter said:

This thread is awesome.  Rarely do I read an entire thread but this one has delivered.

If he wants to get out so what!!  I want out too for god sakes. 

One of my better efforts. You can really tell who is gonna feel left out by the posts and who posts them. Notice that its mostly WHYome and Nevada fans? USUCKU fans sprinkled in there, but they seem reserved to their fate. San Suck fans just don't exist.

Not to worry about CSU. They'll be at the table when the time comes. Great job on the new digs.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I was speaking more to SDSU going indy.  BYU had their reasons and I think BYU has given up some things, not being affiliated with any conference in football.

What does winning this league get you that BYU isn't getting from going at it as an independent?  We've had multiple winners since the 2011 season.  What did those teams get?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

10 hours ago, Bob said:

I thought the troll derby was over

It is but don't be too disappointed. Although you didn't win, you made a nice run at the title.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest Dr. Dre
20 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

He is. He's an urban hillbilly with no experience beyond the twenty square blocks he grew up in and very little understanding of how the world outside of his own perception of it really works. He is a desperately frustrated map bender with what are likely padded room, strait jacket, chronic drooling tendencies that are approaching clinical Oedipal proportions.

lol. love it when the pea-brains assume, butt hurt part duex

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I'm not angry, more disappointed in how it was done.

Well, we're not going to agree on the specifics of that. 

1 hour ago, bitteraztec said:

Exit fee (money)

Basketball credits (money)

Associating w BYU (Our Souls)

We don't want your souls.  You can keep those stinky things.  You can negotiate things upon getting in to a new league, like full tourney shares right away.  What does it cost to leave here these days?  I'm sure SDSU has some big donors that would just front the bill for something like that.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
5 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I didn't like the bus league a few years ago but it's  really not that bad. 

better than the MWC

42 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

There is this thing called a valid reason. BYU* was driven by childish hysteria over getting left out.

Nope.  You like to repeat that lie over and over, but that's not why we left.  At the point that BYU left, and the condition of this league then, BYU left for more money and better competition.  Then they signed long term deals with the schools here that wanted to play.  They certainly didn't cash in here while they were feeding all of you.