Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

The next TV contract. What will it take to keep the Aztecs?

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

BYU's problem is that SDSU is just a bit smarter than BYU's leadership.

SDSU going indy probably benefits BYU more than it does SDSU.

Can you explain what staying here would have done for BYU?  Let's say while staying here the last 6 years, BYU won a couple of MWC football titles.  What would that have done? 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think anyone has said it will destroy this league.

I see lots of Boise gear around.  Not nearly as much as the main schools here, but I see plenty.

I don't see any. Literally, none.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

16 hours ago, bitteraztec said:

Why would we go through the cost and process of going independent in 2019 or 2020 if our goal is to be not an independent by 2025?

What does it cost you to go independent?  You're already making peanuts from this league's TV deal.  Independence is a bridge.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Can you expound on this?

9 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Do I really need to?

Basically, BYU "burned bridges" with Wyoming, maybe CSU and UNM.  The front rangers have boycotted scheduling BYU, and are upset that BYU almost joined the WAC.  I think mostly just Wyoming is the butt hurt, though.

The rest of the MWC has no such problem.  They are all lining up to schedule BYU, and get BYU fans to fill their stadiums. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Chad Sexington said:

I don't see any. Literally, none.

There was some Boise gear a few years ago.   It was like in the early 90s, where you saw a lot of people in Utah wearing UNLV Running Rebels gear.   It was a fad that last a few years, maybe.

But the Boise "national following" thing is long gone, and was never very big.   National T-Shirt fanbases that actually exist, are Notre Dame and Michigan, maybe USC.  That's about it.

12 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Do I really need to?

I think they have reason to be mad.  They've put arguably the best product on the football field the last few years, and don't get payed for it.  All their games get picked up by an inferior network that lots of their fans can't get.  They don't get bonuses because the Boise games always get picked up first.  I'd be mad too.  Equal revenue sharing is important, especially in a league like where budgets are tight.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Basically, BYU "burned bridges" with Wyoming, maybe CSU and UNM.  The front rangers have boycotted scheduling BYU, and are upset that BYU almost joined the WAC.

The rest of the MWC has no such problem.  They are all lining up to schedule BYU, and get BYU fans to fill their stadiums. 

I don't really give a shit if we burned bridges with Wyoming and UNM, two programs that have been overall dregs at football and dragged this league down for far too long.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Jack Bauer said:

I think they have reason to be mad.  They've put arguably the best product on the football field the last few years, and don't get payed for it.  All their games get picked up by an inferior network that lots of their fans can't get.  They don't get bonuses because the Boise games always get picked up first.  I'd be mad too.  Equal revenue sharing is important, especially in a league like where budgets are tight.

From a BYU fan perspective, Hawaii would be the most advantages Indy.   

Hawaii would give BYU the 13 games thing, and week zero scheduling every other year.  This would be huge.  Plus Hawaii has a large fanbase, and relates well with BYU.

SDSU doesn't offer what Hawaii can.  Also, SDSU is all talk....they don't dare take risks.

Guest #1Stunner

I don't really give a shit if we burned bridges with Wyoming and UNM, two programs that have been overall dregs at football and dragged this league down for far too long.

I sort of agree.

Wyoming is so tiny...  What? a 12,000 student "University".   They basically have no fans.   Reminds me of a WCC school, except without the great travel destinations.

UNM:  I wouldn't mind scheduling them, but really BYU doesn't have many fans in New Mexico anyway.

CSU:  This is the one school where BYU would benefit.   I think scheduling could be mutually beneficial for both schools.  But CSU is upset, I guess, and not willing to schedule BYU.

I concur with those advocating independence for SUDS. 

Independence wld enable them to get around pesky conference regs, like having a freeking stadium to play in!!!!

#12RoadGamesPer

12667677.jpeg

I'd like to play CSU or AFA, but I don't care if we don't.  We have annual games with the teams I'm most interested in playing, USU and Boise.  If Hawaii became an annual game, then I'd just schedule other schools when possible.  Those are the three I'm most interested in. 

Guest #1Stunner

I'd like to play CSU or AFA, but I don't care if we don't.  We have annual games with the teams I'm most interested in playing, USU and Boise.  If Hawaii became an annual game, then I'd just schedule other schools when possible.  Those are the three I'm most interested in. 

Agreed.

Hawaii and BYU need to get a deal done.  

Guest Dr. Dre
18 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

What does it cost you to go independent?  You're already making peanuts from this league's TV deal.  Independence is a bridge.

This guy gets it!

(so does @Chad Sexington's wife. Usually down off 19th street in National City)

21 hours ago, PTR said:

It's that magical time of year again, where BSU, CSU, and SDSU fans sit at the bar arguing over who has a 4 inch realignment cock and who has a 4.5 inch realignment cock. 

why yes, yes it is.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest Dr. Dre
28 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

and get BYU fans to fill their stadiums. 

I wouldn't go that far, As evidenced by your effort at the Poinsettia Bowl vs. WHYome that was suppose to set records. Afterall, you're just another G5.

Guest Dr. Dre
31 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Equal revenue sharing is important, especially in a league like where budgets are tight.

Though I don't like it, I don't bame Boise one bit for getting what they can at the expense of this turd conference. This is all about looking out for #1. That's what SDSU will do too. The junk universities in this conference don't like to hear it, because they are helpless when it comes to bettering their position. And they know it. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Dr. Dre said:

I wouldn't go that far, As evidenced by your effort at the Poinsettia Bowl vs. WHYome that was suppose to set records. Afterall, you're just another G5.

To be fair, it was Wyoming.....  I had advocated for years to play Wyoming, and when it happened, even I was not excited about it.   Very boring team to play in a bowl game.  Hell, they finished the season 8-6.  Plus, it was right before Christmas (hard to travel then).

I think BYU vs SDSU games played during the regular season usually have good attendance.   And BYU fans show out in decent numbers.

Really, its too bad that SDSU didn't do what BYU and Boise did----a 10 year, home and home scheduling deal.   It would be a fun rivalry, and would stop SDSU from having to schedule filler like South Alabama.    

Ideally, SDSU, while in the MWC, can schedule 3 P5s per year, and then maybe BYU (assuming SDSU doesn't just schedule 4 P5s per year OOC).

Guest #1Stunner

@Dr. Dre

Just looked up SDSU's 2018 OOC schedule:

2 good PAC12 games, and then 2 turds.  Those turds are on top of your weak MWC schedule.

BYU is looking for a home game in 2018.   SDSU ought to drop Eastern Michigan, and schedule another H-and-H with BYU, in addition to the one recently completed.  Play @BYU in 2018 (6 home games for SDSU), and then maybe host BYU @SDSU in 2022?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/san-diego-state-aztecs.php

It is tough to get P5s to schedule, I get that.  But the Aztecs have chances to improve their scheduling.   Why not seek out harder games.  I know they hate BYU, but at last BYU has flexibility.