Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Oh Snap ...

19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How is a WikiLeaks source any different than an MSM source that leaks confidential information? Leaks are leaks pal.  

How do we know they've released all leaks they receive?

18 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Someday there will be bronze statues of Snowden and Assange in Washington, as well as there should be. 

No. They waved their dick at the establishment. There will never be statues of them

17 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It's not that they leak information (this is good), it's that the way in which they do it is slanted depending on Assange's personal feelings. They curate information just as much as MSM news sources, just with a different format 

This is how I feel too. Trusting that they are a white knight who release and obtain leaks equally from all parties seems as naive to me as trusting CBS implicitly. 

It's a new form of journalism that has the benefit of being primary sources but that doesn't mean that it is infallible or a panacea. It's just another tool in the arsenal of an informed citizen. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How is a WikiLeaks source any different than an MSM source that leaks confidential information? Leaks are leaks pal.  

Wikileaks leaks the raw information with no context. It's more like a bulletin board, albeit on a grand scale, than journalism.

Comparing the two as if they are the same animal is unfair to both.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

How do we know they've released all leaks they receive?

Couldn't the same be asked of the MSM? 

47 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Wikileaks leaks the raw information with no context. It's more like a bulletin board, albeit on a grand scale, than journalism.

Comparing the two as if they are the same animal is unfair to both.

I'll agree with this. The point of the meme however is that none of the info WikiLeaks has posted has ever been proven false. Yet all the spin doctors out there love to try and discredit WikiLeaks because of their supposed sources. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Couldn't the same be asked of the MSM? 

Of course. It is a question that should always be asked of every news source.

I'll agree with this. The point of the meme however is that none of the info WikiLeaks has posted has ever been proven false. Yet all the spin doctors out there love to try and discredit WikiLeaks because of their supposed sources. 

I think you know there's a difference between "thankful for the leaks we do get but cagey as to the implicit assumption that those are all the leaks there are" and "trying to discredit primary documents that just happen to be damaging to our side this time"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Of course. It is a question that should always be asked of every news source.

I think you know there's a difference between "thankful for the leaks we do get but cagey as to the implicit assumption that those are all the leaks there are" and "trying to discredit primary documents that just happen to be damaging to our side this time"

All they've done is release info and leave it up to us to decide. We can assume all day what they're supposedly "not" releasing. If really they do have do have dirt on Trump, perhaps they're waiting for an opportune time to release it ... ? Hell, WikiLeaks info far more believable to me than Hillary losing all that content on her servers ... but I know jack will disagree with me on that. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

All they've done is release info and leave it up to us to decide. We can assume all day what they're supposedly "not" releasing. If really they do have do have dirt on Trump, perhaps they're waiting for an opportune time to release it ... ? Hell, WikiLeaks info far more believable to me than Hillary losing all that content on her servers ... but I know jack will disagree with me on that. 

To be frank I have no idea how wikileaks collects and seeks their leaks. However, it seems clear to me that if they allocate more resources to certain sources, they're going to get more leaks from sources - selection bias. If they are more passive, they are prone to selection bias another way - leakers who have more of a grudge kind of thing.

I think they're doing a great service but I think we have to resist falling into the unconscious thought process that they are leaking from all sides equally. Even if that is their foremost goal it is a very difficult one to achieve and it isn't like they are flush with cash. 

Reasonable suspicion and vigilance is your friend. Damn apparently I'm more conspiracy-y than I thought

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Hillary's minions DELETED all that content on her servers. It wasn't "lost."

Funny how Dims focus on the DNC's servers getting hacked (instead of the fact that all the info was actually true) while treating the Trump "grab pussy" video as fact (while ignoring why the video sat around in NBC's vault for 11 years and then was released at an opportune time for their favored candidate).  

But the RUSSIANS tried to hack the election!