Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Sexington

The PAC12 Sucks

People keep telling me how the PAC12 sucks revenue a$$, and then reddit tweets out this stuff.  I admit to not knowing what to believe when even Jon Wilner is telling me how much a$$ the PAC12 sucks.  Help! Anyone?

SEC: $639m

PAC12: $488m

Big Ten: $483m

ACC: $373m

Big 12: $313m

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

For some reason I cant post the table of per team revenue, not sure why.

It reads thusly,

FY 2016 Revenue per School

SEC $45.6 mm

PAC12 $40.7 mm

B1G $34.5 mm

XII $31.3 mm

ACC $26.6 mm

So, anyway...

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Congrats, you poor thing?  Those mean wittle people are just rude?

:shrug: 

Why you gotta go there?

im just confused and seeking enlightenment.

2 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Why you gotta go there?

im just confused and seeking enlightenment.

Secrant.com may be the better place for it.  Going into the welfare line to complain folks don't recognize that you are keeping up with the millionaire Jones's isn't going to illicit positive responses. :D

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Secrant.com may be the better place for it.  Going into the welfare line to complain folks don't recognize that you are keeping up with the millionaire Jones's isn't going to illicit positive responses. :D

I simply come to the font of all human knowledge, seeking wisdom.

1 hour ago, Chad Sexington said:

For some reason I cant post the table of per team revenue, not sure why.

It reads thusly,

FY 2016 Revenue per School

SEC $45.6 mm

PAC12 $40.7 mm

B1G $34.5 mm

XII $31.3 mm

ACC $26.6 mm

So, anyway...

The problem is that revenue does not equal payouts. Since the PAC-12 owns its network, it incurs the costs associated with it. Thus it brings down the paysouts to the PAC-12. Also PAC-12 is incurring costs associated with buying out some of their third tier deals and those will be coming off the books as time passes. 

Per school payouts are:

SEC- 40 Million

Big Ten- 35 million

PAC-12- 28 million

Big 12- 28 million +third tier deals

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

9 minutes ago, UTAlrightGuy said:

The problem is that revenue does not equal payouts. Since the PAC-12 owns its network, it incurs the costs associated with it. Thus it brings down the paysouts to the PAC-12. Also PAC-12 is incurring costs associated with buying out some of their third tier deals and those will be coming off the books as time passes. 

I've heard that, but the costs of creating the network were front-loaded, and have already come off the books. So, even if the conference is still taking a full share (and I'm not certain that they are), the payout would be approx $37.5m.

11 minutes ago, UTAlrightGuy said:

Per school payouts are:

SEC- 40 Million

Big Ten- 35 million

PAC-12- 28 million

Big 12- 28 million +third tier deals

Ah... well... that changes everything... damn us, my fellow MWC brethren, how could we be so cruel to those unfortunates in the Pac12! :angry:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, Chad Sexington said:

I've heard that, but the costs of creating the network were front-loaded, and have already come off the books. So, even if the conference is still taking a full share (and I'm not certain that they are), the payout would be approx $37.5m.

Those costs are not just infrastructure such as cameras, sets, upgrading wiring and such which can be front loaded, but also yearly costs such as production costs, staff salaries and such. Reports says that only 70% of revenues were distributed to Pac-12 members. In fact, federal tax returns showed an average distribution of 28.7 to conference members.

http://fansided.com/2017/05/17/pac-12-revenue-increased-2016-still-dwarfed-big-ten-sec/

http://www.cougcenter.com/2017/5/16/15649592/pac-12-revenues-sec-big-ten

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

6 minutes ago, UTAlrightGuy said:

Those costs are not just infrastructure such as cameras, sets, upgrading wiring and such which can be front loaded, but also yearly costs such as production costs, staff salaries and such. Reports says that only 70% of revenues were distributed to Pac-12 members.

http://fansided.com/2017/05/17/pac-12-revenue-increased-2016-still-dwarfed-big-ten-sec/

Yeah, I looked it up too.  While the other four conferences distribute 88% or more of revenues, the PAC only distributes a little over 70%, or $28.7m per school in FY2016.  We have a helluva expensive conference office!

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Ah... well... that changes everything... damn us, my fellow MWC brethren, how could we be so cruel to those unfortunates in the Pac12! :angry:

Exactly. Remember to play nice.

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Pfththththth...who cares? Your team plays in a gravel pit.

38 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Pfththththth...who cares? Your team plays in a gravel pit.

Of course we do... we don't make 28 million a year like your poor SOB's. If we did, we'd be able to pave the place! Oh, and btw.... suck it! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

56 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Culturally insensitive of both of you fags...

-DISGUSTING111-meme-33493.jpg

There is a line, Guy., and you just officially crossed it!

BTW,  it's quite humerous that the team known for ultra-raping Utah, several times, is the same team we've beaten three consecutive times - a feat not accomplished since the mighty Vandals of the 80's.

Botton line: Utetaw FB stinks, and everyone knows it.

50 minutes ago, Cannibal Bob said:

-DISGUSTING111-meme-33493.jpg

There is a line, Guy., and you just officially crossed it!

BTW,  it's quite humerous that the team known for ultra-raping Utah, several times, is the same team we've beaten three consecutive times - a feat not accomplished since the mighty Vandals of the 80's.

Botton line: Utetaw FB stinks, and everyone knows it.

Meh. I'm not too concerned with the opinions of ankle biters. I just think it's funny that so many people around here talk shit about the PAC. It's good for a laugh and I enjoy twisting the knife...Guy.