Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Mike is ANGRY

45 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Why do you have to go to racist parties, bro?

FWIW, I think both of those guys are assholes. 

And all of you on this board as well.

Hey it was the most fun I've ever had at a kids birthday party.  Now, some of the cousins of the birthday boy were mean to my daughter.  They kept picking on her cause she "wasn't Mexican".  But that's a parenting problem with those kids.  And yes we're all assholes.  Except you.  You're a dickhole 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

40 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'd bet my left nut that guy has depression, severe anxiety, and PTSD. 

He's an asshole, some mentally ill folks are, and what he did was wrong, but the phone guy did nothing but escalate it by continuing to film him.

I said that on the 3rd or 4th post here.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

I love how some around here say academics don't know nuthin cuz they ain't never been in the real world but they live in a state with 8 black people in it.

And all eight of them are members of the Utah Jazz?

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'd bet my left nut that guy has depression, severe anxiety, and PTSD. 

He's an asshole, some mentally ill folks are, and what he did was wrong, but the phone guy did nothing but escalate it by continuing to film him.

He might and if he does perhaps this incident will trigger him getting real help.  I'm not defending the phone guy I'm asking why Joe is defending the wheelchair guy?   

His behaviour is inexcusable.  If he has depression, severe anxiety and PTSD its exhibit A why he needs professional help.   If he doesn't then he deserves whatever censure comes his way. The only thing not acceptable is Joe's take that we will just look the other way and make an excuse for him.  

28 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Many people did but only Joe thinks it's an excuse for whatever behavior the guy chooses to exhibit.

Not an excuse as it's still unacceptable but it's obvious that guy needs some help. 

16 hours ago, toonkee said:

I love how some around here say academics don't know nuthin cuz they ain't never been in the real world but they live in a state with 8 black people in it.

Please.  Idaho has 13 black people.;)

59 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

He might and if he does perhaps this incident will trigger him getting real help.  I'm not defending the phone guy I'm asking why Joe is defending the wheelchair guy?   

His behaviour is inexcusable.  If he has depression, severe anxiety and PTSD its exhibit A why he needs professional help.   If he doesn't then he deserves whatever censure comes his way. The only thing not acceptable is Joe's take that we will just look the other way and make an excuse for him.  

Do you know how unlikely that is?  People who get help do so after years of their loved ones pleading with and caring for them, not some douche bag with a phone shaming him for a viral video.  Likely made things much worse.

I have had mentally homeless guys scream obscenities at me while I do work around Boise all the time.  I have heard them shout their ramblings at women and minorities.  Never once did it cross my mind to film them and shame them.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Do you know how unlikely that is?  People who get help do so after years of their loved ones pleading with and caring for them, not some douche bag with a phone shaming him for a viral video.  Likely made things much worse.

I have had mentally homeless guys scream obscenities at me while I do work around Boise all the time.  I have heard them shout their ramblings at women and minorities.  Never once did it cross my mind to film them and shame them.

I've been verbally abused repeatedly by minority populations.

I never filmed them because they were holding knives and guns.

Just now, roswellcoug said:

And this is why you suck, Rosie.  In a conversation about what to do when a crippled war veteran is acting crazy you post videos of black people fighting and lay on a thick layer of casual racism for no apparent reason

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

And all eight of them are members of the Utah Jazz?

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Please.  Idaho has 13 black people.;)

LMAO! I thought we were talking about Wyoming.

18 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Don't put words in my mouth, old man. I didn't say I condoned the guy being a racist asshole, I said that exploiting a crazy person is juvenile and stupid. 

It'll be grand when these health care cuts go through and you and your wife are tossed into the streets and die there so I don't have to sort through your drivel anymore. 

Or it's funny as hell and if the person is truly "crazy", he doesn't care....so no harm done.

That kind of humor seems to be right up your alley.

12 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

I hear you, but you gotta expect that kind of thing when you're out and about and you got your Klan robes on.

35 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Don't put words in my mouth, old man. I didn't say I condoned the guy being a racist asshole, I said that exploiting a crazy person is juvenile and stupid. 

It'll be grand when these health care cuts go through and you and your wife are tossed into the streets and die there so I don't have to sort through your drivel anymore. 

Pure class right here..... wishing death on someone for selfish reasons. Who is the pathetic one living an unfulfilled life? 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I guess I see your point. I'd probably get my rocks off watching people egg on deranged cripples too if my wife cheated on me with a chinaman. 

Not even sure what this nonsense means but ok ...... 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

You should know.

Actually I do.  After witnessing the long drawn out deaths of two people who raised me as an adolescent I was diagnosed with PTSD and severe depression and it has taken a decade of counseling and therapy to get well.  The biggest thing though was finding true joy in the outdoors and the beauty of creation.  I am a truly happy person now.