Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State To Announce New AD Today

21 hours ago, babigos said:

More of the same, IMO. Some of the boosters seem to love her, but not sure why. I've never heard a convincing argument for her.

Personally, I would have loved to see them go after someone young and enthusiastic from the outside. This doesn't seem to change anything for us. Just more of the same.....Zzzzzzzz

As I think you're aware for a brief period I had become rather bullish on Spartans football. You had finally made a good HC hire, you also hired an AD who had done a great job at another G5 and the North End Zone project had been funded. But that was five years ago and things have gone decidedly downhill since.

God bless, babigos. If I was an SJSU grad, I would be you.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

As I think you're aware for a brief period I had become rather bullish on Spartans football. You had finally made a good HC hire, you also hired an AD who had done a great job at another G5 and the North End Zone project had been funded. But that was five years ago and things have gone decidedly downhill since.

God bless, babigos. If I was an SJSU grad, I would be you.

Just trying to keep it real. I think you are too.

Guest Dr. Dre

San Suck State is worthless. Top 3 worst decisions in the MGC's history to add them. They'd be better off with Sac State

Thinking it over Dre is 100% correct.

Sac State would have to expand its stadium beyond 21K and put more money toward football to pay for 85 scholarships but that's the only constraint I see. In-conference schools UNR and Fresno are only a couple hours away and what's preferable? Having a MWC school in a metropolitan area of 7M where because of the presence of Cal, Stanford and the 49ers and uncaring alumni and students it is totally ignored or having a MWC school in a metro area of 2M where it would be the only game in town?

The beauty is also that the CSU chancellor probably wouldn't get mad at SDSU and Fresno for voting to rid the MWC of SJSU if the replacement was Sac State.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:54 AM, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State will hold a press conference today to announce their new Athletic Director. Word has it that two time interim AD Marie Tuite will be promoted to the position fulltime. Tuite has been at SJSU since 2010, and was interim AD after Tom Bowen became AD at Memphis, prior to Gene Bleymeier's hiring. She was recently a finalist for the AD position at Central Michigan.

Why was Bleymaier reassigned recently at CSU-San José?

What were the circumstances around his leaving El Juco?

On 5/19/2017 at 0:15 PM, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

BREAKING: 

Ronald McDonald's #1 assistant announced  

B06AC4EF-6F22-4BF0-825C-6A9A460BD05A_zps

It's been over-a-yr since CSU-Fresno has beat a D-1 team in f'ball...FILM AT 11.

36 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

It's been over-a-yr since CSU-Fresno has beat a D-1 team in f'ball...FILM AT 11.

Damn making fun of your snow plow job and your fake Colombian girlfriend has made you hate Fresno State. 

23 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Sac State would have to expand its stadium beyond 21K

Sacramento State would be in the Big West if they had a decent basketball arena.  The football stadium was upgraded for the Canadian Football League expansion in the late 1990s and would be perfectly fine for 20,000 fans.

"The Hive" seats 1500.  It's also ancient.  Alumni of Sacramento state have got to make it happen.

On 5/20/2017 at 2:58 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I had become rather bullish on Spartans football

The Raiders will be leaving the Bay area.  Many fans who tailgate at Raider games are east bay residents who aren't going to Cal, Stanford or Forty niner games.  Raider fans are generally more diverse than forty niner fans in my experience and I would say that the same is true for SJSU vis a vis Cal and Stanford (especially with the harbaugh and walsh connections).  The multi team football landscape of the bay area makes fans unlikely to switch.  A fair number of Raider fans will attend a Cal or SJSU game and watch the Raiders at home on Sunday after the Raiders move to Las Vegas.  BUT TAILGATERS GOTTA TAILGATE and Berkeley sucks for tailgating.

It's entirely plausible that SJSU and SDSU will have comparable stadium situations in 2020 so the big disparity in attendance could go away in a few short years.

San Jose State's biggest problem is making their North End Zone project happen.  The continuity within their athletic department staff being maintained by promoting from within makes me maintain my optimism they'll eventually get there.   Personally I think doing all the other parts of south campus first, along with that neighborhood's current bounce back as bay area real estate continues to increase in value/cost.  Eventually I think they need to change their upper deck into boxes that don't look like empty seats but still shade the good seats near the field.  The stands were built to block the late afternoon sun on the field which is a big problem at that site, but it's lead to a weird TV picture where there is one side that looks like a modern stadium but the other side is an earthwork.

I encourage all SDSU partisan's to be wildly optimistic about Fresno and San Jose State because there is no California State University Chancellor who would tolerate a SDSU administration that even remotely wanted to go independent and sabotage SJSU and Fresno.  That train isn't boarding, let alone leaving the station before the person who is actually in charge fires the conductor and the crew.

The most important way for SDSU to show its dominance is really based on the impacted status of the programs.

http://www.calstate.edu/sas/impaction-campus-info.shtml

I would note that Fresno, Fullerton, Long Beach, San Diego, San Jose and Cal Poly SLO are the campuses that are always completely impacted.  This clearly shows there is a two tier CSU system among those schools that people with options want to attend and those they do not want to attend.  The Big West and the MW are the schools within that tier - Northridge is the major exception.

Clearly the MW schools are the top tier among the top tier of Cal State University campuses.  Frankly I would love to see a whole lot more humility about how good SDSU has it rather than angst about how terrible things are.

Guest Dr. Dre
51 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

I encourage all SDSU partisan's to be wildly optimistic about Fresno and San Jose State because there is no California State University Chancellor who would tolerate a SDSU administration that even remotely wanted to go independent and sabotage SJSU and Fresno.  That train isn't boarding, let alone leaving the station before the person who is actually in charge fires the conductor and the crew.

Pffffthahahahaha! This isn't Nevada. We wanna leave. We'll leave if we want to leave. We've done it before.

Frankly I would love to see a whole lot more humility about how good SDSU has it rather than angst about how terrible things are.

you got to be kidding me

please

The California State System doesn't grant that much independence.  You can't go to your boss and say "the two other people who have the most similar job to me run institutions that we don't want to be associated with."  It looks terrible and certainly isn't getting a new stadium built (which the other two institutions have).

The CSU system is run by a Chancellor.  There is a autonomy within the system but you need to work with these other universities first and foremost and an administration that was fighting with the other administrations is gone.  You don't pick fights within this group.

I believe this is a sports talk topic on local am radio in San diego.  I'm sorry this station doesn't have the intellectual honesty to explain how the world of university administrators work.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

The California State System doesn't grant that much independence.  You can't go to your boss and say "the two other people who have the most similar job to me run institutions that we don't want to be associated with."  It looks terrible and certainly isn't getting a new stadium built (which the other two institutions have).

The CSU system is run by a Chancellor.  There is a autonomy within the system but you need to work with these other universities first and foremost and an administration that was fighting with the other administrations is gone.  You don't pick fights within this group.

I believe this is a sports talk topic on local am radio in San diego.  I'm sorry this station doesn't have the intellectual honesty to explain how the world of university administrators work.

dude. you need to stop typing. 

On 5/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, Joe from WY said:

Fvck, given the "attendance" at SJSU, the MWC would have been better off adding Humboldt State. 

They wouldn't qualify as a city-state. More like a village-state.

13 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

They wouldn't qualify as a city-state. More like a village-state.

Well you'd be hard pressed to find such plentiful ganja so close to any university except maybe Hawaii so there's that.

To Joe, it's true nobody in Sacto cares about the Hornets. However, nobody in San Jose cares about the Spartans either and as I mentioned, the proximity of UNR and Fresno State to Sacto and the fact the nearest NFL franchise will be more than 2 hours away with no traffic and at least half a day during rush "hour" once the Raiders move at least gives Sac State some athletic potential. SJSU OTOH clearly has zero such potential.

Boom goes the dynamite.