Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State To Announce New AD Today

San Jose State will hold a press conference today to announce their new Athletic Director. Word has it that two time interim AD Marie Tuite will be promoted to the position fulltime. Tuite has been at SJSU since 2010, and was interim AD after Tom Bowen became AD at Memphis, prior to Gene Bleymeier's hiring. She was recently a finalist for the AD position at Central Michigan.

Champ Logo.jpg

Is this a good or bad hire?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Definitely a home run with this one...

latest?cb=20150818001053

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Good news is that she worked directly under previous SJSU's administration(s) for 7 + years and was an integral part of that highly successful period of Spartan athletics.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marietuite/

She was reasonably prominent at the time the Mountain West admitted San Jose State.  It indicates an approach that is not grandiose ala Bleymeier but is probably supported by alumni donors and that the new SJSU President does not see anything wrong with the current state of affairs.  It would place two women in prominent positions at SJSU.

Personally I think she's probably been doing all the work while the top athletic administrators try to schmooze for donors and that no major relationships will be lost.  It does speak to Bleymeier's failure to expand the SJSU fan base and donor networks significantly.

I'm surprised that Bleymeier didn't have more success at SJSU. He was an important cog in getting BSU to where they are now from what I understand. 

Guest Dr. Dre
55 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I'm surprised that Bleymeier didn't have more success at SJSU. He was an important cog in getting BSU to where they are now from what I understand. 

people care and support at bsu

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I think she's not a bad hire, but it remains to be seen if she's a great hire. And of course, for an important position like this, many fans don't just want a decent hire, they want a great hire. There was a lot of hope that AD GB would be a great hire, and he did some good things, but I don't think anyone would say he turned out to be a great hire.

1 hour ago, Bruininthebay said:

She was reasonably prominent at the time the Mountain West admitted San Jose State.  It indicates an approach that is not grandiose ala Bleymeier but is probably supported by alumni donors and that the new SJSU President does not see anything wrong with the current state of affairs.  It would place two women in prominent positions at SJSU.

Personally I think she's probably been doing all the work while the top athletic administrators try to schmooze for donors and that no major relationships will be lost.  It does speak to Bleymeier's failure to expand the SJSU fan base and donor networks significantly.

I don't think so. If President Papazian thought that there was nothing wrong with the current state of affairs, then we wouldn't be hearing rumors that she overrode AD GB's choice for football HC and pushed GB out of the AD position. I am very hopeful that President Papazian is not satisfied with the current state of affairs and will push the new AD Tuite to take SJSU's athletic program to the next level. Whether Tuite will be able to do that, I don't know, we'll see.

2 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

It indicates an approach that is not grandiose ala Bleymeier but is probably supported by alumni donors and that the new SJSU President does not see anything wrong with the current state of affairs

Holy phuk. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

She was reasonably prominent at the time the Mountain West admitted San Jose State

. . . while simultaneously admitting it had gone to shit.

Gene Blaymaeier was to college athletics as Willie Mays was to MLB. Some folks just can't quite while they're ahead.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest Dr. Dre
2 hours ago, SJSUSpartan1992 said:

I think she's not a bad hire, but it remains to be seen if she's a great hire. And of course, for an important position like this, many fans don't just want a decent hire, they want a great hire. There was a lot of hope that AD GB would be a great hire, and he did some good things, but I don't think anyone would say he turned out to be a great hire.

you gotta be kidding me. You guys are a lost cause. Just hang it up already. You're dragging the rest of us down

4 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

What major donors are there that can be lost?  

57 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

What major donors are there that can be lost?  

The guy who gave a buck fitty last month and his laundramat change again last week.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

More of the same, IMO. Some of the boosters seem to love her, but not sure why. I've never heard a convincing argument for her.

Personally, I would have loved to see them go after someone young and enthusiastic from the outside. This doesn't seem to change anything for us. Just more of the same.....Zzzzzzzz

I saw the press conference on the MW.com.   She seems to understand that football is the big key to SJSU's success.  If she is better with the donors, then she may get SJSU football some need money for stadium improvements.