Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Every highway out of Laramie is closed

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't mind the cold weather but I want it to end so the water levels get to the point you can fish sometime before August.:frustrated: 

I slayed them on the Poudre last week.  Was driving down the canyon looking at the water.  Up high it was low and clear, then became muddy runoff crap.  I found the muddy part, turned around and drove just above it, and found some beautiful and stupid trout.  About 1 every 10th cast.  New trick in spring, get just above the chocolate milk.  Apparently they're dumber up there.  8 fish in less than an hour, decent sized.  Would have fished longer but I was technically travelling on business and had to get moving.

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

Poudre is one of my favorite streams to fish:) Just  pull over and start fishing anywhere. 

True, the Big T is the same way.  Both have certain spots that are way better than others, but both are great for just getting out of the pickup and tossing a fly.  It's rare for me to fish there, but the Arkansas through the canyon is very much the same.

1 hour ago, kalua pig said:

they should build a wall around laramie and lock up those inbred hillbillys.

You know how hard it is to keep Mormons out???? Ask Idaho.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I have wanted to catch a lahontan out of pyramid for a long long time. Freaking standing out there on a ladder fighting a huge one looks like a blast. 

The snow is still melting here and in fact they say we may have some flooding in areas starting next week, but with that Pyramid is suppose to be the highest in years so might be the year to try to get to Pyramid.

9 hours ago, PTR said:

It's not snow. It's Josh Allen's semen raining down from atop Mount  Olympus. He's 600 feet tall and he's impregnating every child-bearing woman in the entire state of Wyoming simultaneously.

Well, at least they'll know who 'baby daddy' is!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

9 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

There's no getting used to heat.....move to Houston for a Summer and tell me how comfortable you become. 

of course you can get used to the heat, it's the humidity that's brutal. 112 in vegas is a heck of a lot different than 95 in houston. i'll take vegas any day, lol.