Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BodyBagGame

Thank you media

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So is uncovering serious corruption in the current administration activism or journalism?

This question is lulz.  Serious corruption?  If they were actually uncovering it that would be a public service.  That is not what is happening.

Trump is an idiot.  This Russia conspiracy thing is idiotic.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  Reporting on the number of ice cream scoops trump had and irresponsibly running after stories like a dog chases a squirrel is not activism and shoddy journalism.  Cable news and The Washington Post are shit.  Trump is shit that if sifted through enough has a peanut.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This question is lulz.  Serious corruption?  If they were actually uncovering it that would be a public service.  That is not what is happening.

Trump is an idiot.  This Russia conspiracy thing is idiotic.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  Reporting on the number of ice cream scoops trump had and irresponsibly running after stories like a dog chases a squirrel is not activism and shoddy journalism.  Cable news and The Washington Post are shit.  Trump is shit that if sifted through enough has a peanut.

No, you are still trying to blame the media.  Trump has created his own firestorm.  He keeps doubling down and giving the media stuff to cover.  

He just had stand with "Team America" and disparage Russia and let the investigation run its course and then get behind the results of the investigation and fire a few people, if necessary.  

This isn't just an activist media creation.  Trump is his own worst enemy.  If he would just shut his big, fat mouth, he would be better off.  Talk about a Shakespearean fatal flaw!

Posted Image

On 5/18/2017 at 0:46 AM, mugtang said:

A free and open media is essential to a free society, right behind an armed populace.  

On 5/18/2017 at 1:14 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

This. Without the second amendment, the first amendment would have been revoked a long time ago. Thank you second amendment!

They're about as necessary and about as separable as heart and lungs are

Our society without arms would have devolved to fascism, probably run at the state level, long ago. Hell... the deep south effectively had an authoritarian ruling style, run at the state level, about 60 years ago. 

Our society without an open media breaks down totally. Who to vote for? Who to threaten with the arms? Who to talk to? Hell, without an open media, the second amendment would have been eroded away to a vestige by now and we wouldn't have even noticed

I would argue that I like Switzerland's style of "bearing arms" a little better - everyone is in the militia, takes it seriously, and has a battle rifle at home in a safe place. I'd argue it's an even more robust defense against tyranny than "everyone has a .30-06" system we have.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I would argue that I like Switzerland's style of "bearing arms" a little better - everyone is in the militia, takes it seriously, and has a battle rifle at home in a safe place. I'd argue it's an even more robust defense against tyranny than "everyone has a .30-06" system we have.

I would support adopting this nationwide.  I've always liked this idea

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

43 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Mensch is a crackpot and not at all who I meant when I said "objective journalists." Try again.

And, oh yeah, give it time.

Mensch is Jackmormons favorite source.  You often like his posts that are taken directly, word for word, from Mensh's twitter stream.

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Mensch is Jackmormons favorite source.  You often like his posts that are taken directly, word for word, from Mensh's twitter stream.

I'm beginning to think that @UNLV2001 and @jackmormon may be John Schindler and Claude Taylor...

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/15561842/trump-russia-louise-mensch

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I never said wasnt biased.

you have to admit though, there is something to this Russia story. Idk what that something is, but I am eager to find out, and guess who's going to tell us?

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I never said wasnt biased.

you have to admit though, there is something to this Russia story. Idk what that something is, but I am eager to find out, and guess who's going to tell us?

I think it begins and ends with Russia trying to influence the USA election or at least public perception of what they assumed would be a Clinton presidency.  I doubt there was collusion with Trump.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think it begins and ends with Russia trying to influence the USA election or at least public perception of what they assumed would be a Clinton presidency.  I doubt there was collusion with Trump.

Alan Dershowitz says that even if there was collusion, there was no crime

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Show me a single time I have cited Mensch, other than the one time I posted an article of hers to mock a conspricy theory about Hatch becoming president.

A lot of people these days seem to think journalists just can away with making up news. These journalists have gone to the best universities in the Untied States, done internships where they got paid nothing and were treated like shit, have had even their least important work dissected by editors and fact checkers, and questioned by everyone who doesn't agree with them, yet they still go to work every day, and I mean every day. If there is a day off for a journalist they are banging their heads against the wall thinking they are falling behind if they aren't working

Yet there is a large segment of the population that considers what they do, what they stand for, what to bleed for . . . fake. There is nothing fake about working as hard as a journalist. It's as real as it gets.

1 hour ago, BodyBagGame said:

A lot of people these days seem to think journalists just can away with making up news. These journalists have gone to the best universities in the Untied States, done internships where they got paid nothing and were treated like shit, have had even their least important work dissected by editors and fact checkers, and questioned by everyone who doesn't agree with them, yet they still go to work every day, and I mean every day. If there is a day off for a journalist they are banging their heads against the wall thinking they are falling behind if they aren't working

Yet there is a large segment of the population that considers what they do, what they stand for, what to bleed for . . . fake. There is nothing fake about working as hard as a journalist. It's as real as it gets.

They are incompetent.  Almost every article they write demonstrates that fact.  They like Lawyers and elementary school teachers don't have the education to understand the world around them.  You just can't do their job with the education they receive.  They are too ignorant.

That is before we even get to bias and fake journalism.

27 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

They are incompetent.  Almost every article they write demonstrates that fact.  They like Lawyers and elementary school teachers don't have the education to understand the world around them.  You just can't do their job with the education they receive.  They are too ignorant.

That is before we even get to bias and fake journalism.

So, in your world, journalists lawyers and elementary school teachers are incompetent? I'm trying to understand. You're covering a pretty broad spectrum of society here. And maybe it's just impossible to get a good education and talk to a LOT of people, and not have a little liberal bias. Common sense comes in handy, too.

27 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

So, in your world, journalists lawyers and elementary school teachers are incompetent? I'm trying to understand. You're covering a pretty broad spectrum of society here. And maybe it's just impossible to get a good education and talk to a LOT of people, and not have a little liberal bias. Common sense comes in handy, too.

It is your world too.   

Liberal bias is fine.  I can think for myself, I am not brainwashed to  blue or red like so many. My favorite news source is PBS, NPR. and the BBC.  I just want news with facts correct.  Journalists, Lawyers and elementary school teachers have proven they are unable to understand the world.   

Anyone with any common sense who has interacted with those groups understands this about 99% of them.