Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BodyBagGame

Thank you media

You work endless hours for terrible pay and no recognition for exposing frauds and criminals. Trump has gotten away with being both for a very long time now, his scam to be the President of the United States actually worked. His worst nightmare. We are going to find out a lot about how white collar criminals work. Should be interesting. And a learning experience for voters. Don't trust the sake oil salesman. You'd think people in the west would realize that. Then again, it's people in the west those salesman convinced they had the solution to everything.

42 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

You work endless hours for terrible pay and no recognition for exposing frauds and criminals. Trump has gotten away with being both for a very long time now, his scam to be the President of the United States actually worked. His worst nightmare. We are going to find out a lot about how white collar criminals work. Should be interesting. And a learning experience for voters. Don't trust the sake oil salesman. You'd think people in the west would realize that. Then again, it's people in the west those salesman convinced they had the solution to everything.

Dear God, We don't talk much, but I wanted to let you know how much I incredibly appreciate the great comedy that you allow us to experience in life. Amen. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dear God, We don't talk much, but I wanted to let you know how much I incredibly appreciate the great comedy that you allow us to experience in life. Amen. 

I have a feeling I talk to people like you way too often.

I said back in November that journalists would save us. People like convert think of the media as the boogeyman and sure, they make mistakes and sometimes the bias is obvious, but hardworking, objective journalists play a key role in democracy. If it weren't for them, the trumps of the world would have had their way a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I said back in November that journalists would save us. People like convert think of the media as the boogeyman and sure, they make mistakes and sometimes the bias is obvious, but hardworking, objective journalists play a key role in democracy. If it weren't for them, the trumps of the world would have had their way a long time ago.

Trump wouldn't have been president If the journalists had done their job in the first place. Trump got all kinds of free air time. The press did a piss poor job of staying on task, chasing the next stoopid thing Trump said day after day. 

Fahrenthold of the WaPo is one of the few exceptions. He deserved the Pulitzer.

I've always appreciated a free and open press. What's funny is I assume a few folks on this thread only like the press that supports their narrative and want to regulate and have outright bans on outlets they consider to be "fake news." 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I said it on election night. Beat that!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

26 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

tenor.gif

I was drunk. So, I've missed way more than I've hit. But still...

THE MEDIA!!! (Paraphrasing my faith in American institutions)

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

A free and open media is essential to a free society, right behind an armed populace.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The funny thing is that Trump had a golden opportunity the first small stretch of this term to cash in and get the benefit of the doubt. Every major network and the major papers were running pieced about Trump supporters and legitimizing their takes on the economy, trade, etc. But and his snowflake supporters had to go and lash out after some media outlets acted like meanie weenies. He dug his own grave. no matter what Fox New says.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The funny thing is that Trump had a golden opportunity the first small stretch of this term to cash in and get the benefit of the doubt. Every major network and the major papers were running pieced about Trump supporters and legitimizing their takes on the economy, trade, etc. But and his snowflake supporters had to go and lash out after some media outlets acted like meanie weenies. He dug his own grave. no matter what Fox New says.

I don't think it was his supporters. It was the man himself. Who really cares how many people are at an inauguration? But he had to have people "loyal" to him, instead of competent ones. What a retard.

If only someone could have straight jacketed him with a Hannibal lecter mouthpiece, he might have been a truly transformative President.

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A free and open media is essential to a free society, right behind an armed populace.  

This. Without the second amendment, the first amendment would have been revoked a long time ago. Thank you second amendment!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

26 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

There is no grave.

There big evidence of Trump committing "obstruction of justice", is;

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/trump-comey-memo/526938/

a reporter The New York Times. Comey’s memo reportedly further quotes Trump telling the director, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” Comey recorded his response as simply agreeing that Flynn was a good guy.

11 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

There is no grave.

There big evidence of Trump committing "obstruction of justice", is;

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/trump-comey-memo/526938/

a reporter The New York Times. Comey’s memo reportedly further quotes Trump telling the director, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” Comey recorded his response as simply agreeing that Flynn was a good guy.

political grave

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. What "Objective hard working journalism" is to you or me is apples and oranges. Whether one admits it or not, your personal bias will still form what you consider to be an objective viewpoint. Secondly, many reporters are now self described "activist journalists" and aren't even trying to pretend that they're objective, & fair and balanced. 

So look at the numbers. The media is split 90/10 with Dems. A few decades ago there was some real objective non-partisan analysis occuring on both sides. Back then it wasn't as big of a deal that the Dem stacked media was 90/10 regarding party affiliation. Why? because quite a few of the Dems were really trying.  They really tried, although their bias still affected their "objective" reporting. Even in that situation a 90/10 split is going to really work against the GOP.

NOW, we have that situation, PLUS the large contingent of the 90% that now see themselves as "activist journalists"  polarized even more with Trump. It's like the frustrated cop that work his butt to only see a lot of these bad guys go free because there wasn't enough evidence. So the cop decides to manufacture and manipulate evidence to get the conviction.  He feels great about it because he knows for sure in his mind that the guy was guilty, and what he did was not only ethical, but heroic.

Now apply that to journalism today and it's the exact same thing. These arrogant and selfish people think that they are entitled to deciding the fate of people because they think so highly of themselves and their cause. They are activist reporters. And it runs the spectrum from hardcore to very minor, but in this cycle there are now a lot of hardcore media folks that think by propping up themselves as judge, jury and executioner they are heros. And they pat each other on the back and say "Great job, Herbert!". "Way to fight for the resistance, Ethel !!"

It's a complete joke. And now heavy politics is creeping into the CIA, FBI, etc. Pretty soon the top military brass that sits in front of the president during State of the Union speeches will be high-fiving each other every time the prez makes a point. And after the speech they'll approach the prez and talk some great intern stories and then 1 of them will offer the prez a hand job. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I think you are having a mental breakdown over this and it has caused you and about half the people in the country to not be able to think clearly.

He is part of the resistance who want to save the country by burning it down.

Image result for riot trump

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. What "Objective hard working journalism" is to you or me is apples and oranges. Whether one admits it or not, your personal bias will still form what you consider to be an objective viewpoint. Secondly, many reporters are now self described "activist journalists" and aren't even trying to pretend that they're objective, & fair and balanced. 

So look at the numbers. The media is split 90/10 with Dems. A few decades ago there was some real objective non-partisan analysis occuring on both sides. Back then it wasn't as big of a deal that the Dem stacked media was 90/10 regarding party affiliation. Why? because quite a few of the Dems were really trying.  They really tried, although their bias still affected their "objective" reporting. Even in that situation a 90/10 split is going to really work against the GOP.

NOW, we have that situation, PLUS the large contingent of the 90% that now see themselves as "activist journalists"  polarized even more with Trump. It's like the frustrated cop that work his butt to only see a lot of these bad guys go free because there wasn't enough evidence. So the cop decides to manufacture and manipulate evidence to get the conviction.  He feels great about it because he knows for sure in his mind that the guy was guilty, and what he did was not only ethical, but heroic.

Now apply that to journalism today and it's the exact same thing. These arrogant and selfish people think that they are entitled to deciding the fate of people because they think so highly of themselves and their cause. They are activist reporters. And it runs the spectrum from hardcore to very minor, but in this cycle there are now a lot of hardcore media folks that think by propping up themselves as judge, jury and executioner they are heros. And they pat each other on the back and say "Great job, Herbert!". "Way to fight for the resistance, Ethel !!"

It's a complete joke. And now heavy politics is creeping into the CIA, FBI, etc. Pretty soon the top military brass that sits in front of the president during State of the Union speeches will be high-fiving each other every time the prez makes a point. And after the speech they'll approach the prez and talk some great intern stories and then 1 of them will offer the prez a hand job. 

So is uncovering serious corruption in the current administration activism or journalism?