Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterfrog

San Diego State Is Out

23 hours ago, StAz said:

Just for the record StanfordAggie, I do not think the Aztecs are too good for the MWC.  I think the Aztecs need to strive to be the best they can be.  That would include trying to move to a more profitable Conference.  

Whether or not SDSU is too good for the MWC is an individual opinion among fans -- and you have made your opinion clear here ... but that is not the issue with regard to going indy.

The issue is simply this: If per team Media (and per team distributions by extension) fall to a point where SDSU can earn more revenue as a football indy and joining the BW or WCC in all other sports -- would we leave the conference?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

If it were just revenue from the tv deal then the decision would be a lot easier.  However, the FB playoff revenue is significant and bball credits etc also add up.  Going indy you lose most of that revenue.

37 minutes ago, Fowl said:

If it were just revenue from the tv deal then the decision would be a lot easier.  However, the FB playoff revenue is significant and bball credits etc also add up.  Going indy you lose most of that revenue.

The bball credits would be same same as we would take part in BW credits which will be same same with a few more years of one biditude out of the MWC...

Back to the topic at hand it looks like SoccerCity SD may be stillborn.  A fourth council member came out publicly against a special election today.  One more and that's a wrap...

18 minutes ago, k5james said:

Back to the topic at hand it looks like SoccerCity SD may be stillborn.  A fourth council member came out publicly against a special election today.  One more and that's a wrap...

K5, I am tracking three (Georgette, Alvarez, Ward). Who is the fourth?

But yes, this thing is dead. All Hail Montezuma! These losers will never take back the conference. Enjoy the battle for the Mountain Division Championship. 

I believe Barbara Bry came out gainst a special election as well.  Gomez hasnt officially stated her opinion but she came out publicly against SCSD so...

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If so, come Tuesday, Aztecs better prepare from the soccerballs and potshots flying their way from all the pissed off MLS folks.

I would expect a ton of rabble rabble by the "no, i haven't read it" folks.

It's already been happening.  The true colors are starting to come out now.  All of the "it's best for SD" talk has been replaced by "I just want more sports" talk.

16 hours ago, HighNTight_SD said:

The issue is simply this: If per team Media (and per team distributions by extension) fall to a point where SDSU can earn more revenue as a football indy and joining the BW or WCC in all other sports -- would we leave the conference?

paging @NorCalCoug @Jack Bauer @#1Stunner

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

"FS Investors have a vision and they started planning it long ago. They have business partners and friends and support from multiple fronts. They planned for this and now that they’ve caught everyone else off-guard we see all the traditional big players in San Diego scurrying to come up with a counter-proposal but so far they don’t have the creativity to find one."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Why-Soccer-City-Will-Win-Mission-Valley-424122764.html#ixzz4igvzgdM8

So, if FS investors doesn't get their proposal approved...it'll be quite some time before someone else (if there will be anybody else) comes along and put a proposal and probably one that will fail because they'll want some taxpayer help with their development unlike the FS Investors who is no asking a dime of taxpayer $$. 

SDSU will soon be sitting without a football stadium next year as the Q gets blown to pieces next year.  Time is of the essence and SDSU doesn't have it.

Maybe SDSU needs to start tearing down some buildings on the land they have now to get a stadium built unless the university doesn't want a football team.

8 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

"FS Investors have a vision and they started planning it long ago. They have business partners and friends and support from multiple fronts. They planned for this and now that they’ve caught everyone else off-guard we see all the traditional big players in San Diego scurrying to come up with a counter-proposal but so far they don’t have the creativity to find one."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Why-Soccer-City-Will-Win-Mission-Valley-424122764.html#ixzz4igvzgdM8

So, if FS investors doesn't get their proposal approved...it'll be quite some time before someone else (if there will be anybody else) comes along and put a proposal and probably one that will fail because they'll want some taxpayer help with their development unlike the FS Investors who is no asking a dime of taxpayer $$. 

SDSU will soon be sitting without a football stadium next year as the Q gets blown to pieces next year.  Time is of the essence and SDSU doesn't have it.

Maybe SDSU needs to start tearing down some buildings on the land they have now to get a stadium built unless the university doesn't want a football team.

You are clueless about this situation.  Why do you continue to comment on it?

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "yes".  Or maybe SDSU is just really jealous of Utah, those arrogant bastards, thinking they can go about things all alone.

BYU followed...SDSU is trying to lead. Also, we're dealing with the fallout from the Boise deal and subpar additions...Not the same, good try though. 

San Diego politicians coming out against professional sports....what a shocker.  They have already lost the NFL and NBA.  I would have guessed that MLS would have been a good fit in San Diego with their Latino population and proximity to Mexico.  I don't think they will be able to get an MLS team without this.  The MLS would have been good for at least 20 uses of the stadium a year, San Diego State will only use it seven times.