Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterfrog

San Diego State Is Out

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

Yer not. Just ask, I don't know, the ENTIRE board? 

Honestly, I could give a chit what you call me.  If this board wants more subscribers who don't like personal attacks, the mods will moderate more strictly.  I could care less if they ban all who attack.  I know it's prevalent.  You call me stupid when I'm just responding to the content of the link you posted.....so what does that make you?

~ FF

Hey, I believe in a little poking at each other and their MW teams once in a while and, minus a slip here and there, without personal attacks.  It's fun!  But I want all 12 MW members to succeed and improve.  Yes.  Even SDSU and SJSU.

But it's getting out of hand.  I don't hate any MW member institution or any poster in this board.  I hate the fact we have very good institutions, who do their best with what little we have to keep our noses above the water, but keep getting pushed down in competition level because all of the money and power in collegiate athletics has gone to the fortunate 5 out of 30-some division 1 conferences....it's FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!!  We are all in the SAME F***ING BOAT!  So why hate on each other on a consistent and personal basis?

~ FF

Guest Dr. Dre
11 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Honestly, I could give a chit what you call me.  If this board wants more subscribers who don't like personal attacks, the mods will moderate more strictly.  I could care less if they ban all who attack.  I know it's prevalent.  You call me stupid when I'm just responding to the content of the link you posted.....so what does that make you?

I can gather from this post that your feelings are hurt. I'll go back to leaving you alone. I honestly don't have the patience where you're concerned

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

I can gather from this post that your feelings are hurt. I'll go back to leaving you alone. I honestly don't have the patience where you're concerned

That seems to be your life.  A life with the hopes that your input hurts feelings of others.  This is a sports forum, I have no personal feelings in this.  Some potential new subscribers might.  But that's up to the mods to weigh and judge.

~ FF

54 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

And I knew you weren't smart enough to grasp it when I typed it. But I tried. But, this is the reason I don't engage you, or pick on you, You're just too stupid, and even I feel guilty when I do. See @mugtang? I can be nice.

Whoa.  You feeling ok?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest Dr. Dre
21 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

This is a sports forum, I have no personal feelings in this. 

Yeah. I can't tell

45 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Speaking of Mug, are personal attacks allowed on this board?  Mug, can you initiate a ban or do I have to submit it?  I'm too tied for time to read the board's rules and procedures right now.

Listen, I've really got no time for you. Have a good day, and try not to drool on anything. I'm off to the Preakness. (anyone got a good horse today?)

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Whoa.  You feeling ok?

actually no. I'm on my way to the clinic now to get a shot after last night's soiree with @slappy's wife.

3 hours ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Hey, I believe in a little poking at each other and their MW teams once in a while and, minus a slip here and there, without personal attacks.  It's fun!  But I want all 12 MW members to succeed and improve.  Yes.  Even SDSU and SJSU.

But it's getting out of hand.  I don't hate any MW member institution or any poster in this board.  I hate the fact we have very good institutions, who do their best with what little we have to keep our noses above the water, but keep getting pushed down in competition level because all of the money and power in collegiate athletics has gone to the fortunate 5 out of 30-some division 1 conferences....it's FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!!  We are all in the SAME F***ING BOAT!  So why hate on each other on a consistent and personal basis?

What you just described is a completely foreign concept to Dre. Not only does he constantly degrade women on this board (really speaks volumes to his character), but also attacks board users, fan bases, MW athletic programs, universities, and the Mountain West as a whole. What he fails to realize is a good majority of the people he disregards at a mere whim are 10x the person he'll ever be. Dre brings no added value to the board whatsoever.

That being said, I highly doubt he's had so much as a single warning during his time as a poster here. 

IMG_1243.JPG.c46f591863151e207e856bca718a6e1e.JPG

PS - I will admit I've enjoyed knocking him down a few pegs though. It's been entertaining to say the least.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

12 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Joint venture means both parties are the "developers". SDSU is proposing a speculative real estate venture backed by tax payer guaranteed CSU system wide revenue bonds. There is nothing noble or altruistic about it. 

It literally states the private developers capitalize their investments and then SDSU takes over.  You appear to have selective reading, and your conclusions are foregone despite what is presented to you.  I am going to stop wasting my with you SDFan.  Good day.

28 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It literally states the private developers capitalize their investments and then SDSU takes over.  You appear to have selective reading, and your conclusions are foregone despite what is presented to you.  I am going to stop wasting my with you SDFan.  Good day.

Agreed.  He continues to use the "stadium gift" which has been proven patently false.  It's like talking to a brick wall.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

actually no. I'm on my way to the clinic now to get a shot after last night's soiree with @slappy's wife.

@FresnoFanatic I agree with you about this dumb f()cker.  What we typically do here is throw him some simple math to confuse him.  Just make sure the result requires more than 10 fingers.  He should stay away for a while after that.  Watch.  

Hey Dre

27 - 12 + 6

Get back with the answer as soon as you can dumb f()ck. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

@FresnoFanatic I agree with you about this dumb f()cker.  What we typically do here is throw him some simple math to confuse him.  Just make sure the result requires more than 10 fingers.  He should stay away for a while after that.  Watch.  

Hey Dre

27 - 12 + 6

Get back with the answer as soon as you can dumb f()ck. 

I think it's also his ACTUAL life away from hiding behind the VIRTUAL computer screen life....sad, actually.  Just about everyone on here has their bad days, but....

Maybe that's why he never gets banned?  Maybe mods personally know him and feel sorry for him?

~ FF

https://patch.com/california/san-diego/onward-upward-soccercity-qualcomm-stadium-san-diego-mayor

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sd-me-soccerendorse-20170519-story.html

So now the city council rep of Mission Valley supports Soccer City along with the Mayor. 

So you have the mayor who is a SDSU alum and Steve Altman who part of the development team and is a longtime SDSU booster supporting this. 

I don't know what SDSU is thinking but they it seems they better change their mind before they get left out otherwise they could still use the stadium for football but at the 23k design and not at a 33k design if SDSU is involved.  

Also, Soccer City only needs a simple majority for approval since there is no tax payer funding for the proposal.

"Also joining him in support was Councilman Scott Sherman, whose district includes the Qualcomm Stadium property where a professional soccer stadium, housing, commercial development and parks would go."

“You know it is not absolutely perfect,” Sherman said of SoccerCity. “It wouldn’t be called a deal if it was absolutely perfect. Both sides have to give and take a little bit, but this provides revenue for the city, jobs for its citizens and it does it all without taxpayer dollars.”

3 hours ago, k5james said:

Agreed.  He continues to use the "stadium gift" which has been proven patently false.  It's like talking to a brick wall.

Is says nothing about private developers. It says developers. SDSU would be the prime developer. See ya

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

55 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

https://patch.com/california/san-diego/onward-upward-soccercity-qualcomm-stadium-san-diego-mayor

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/growth-development/sd-me-soccerendorse-20170519-story.html

So now the city council rep of Mission Valley supports Soccer City along with the Mayor. 

So you have the mayor who is a SDSU alum and Steve Altman who part of the development team and is a longtime SDSU booster supporting this. 

I don't know what SDSU is thinking but they it seems they better change their mind before they get left out otherwise they could still use the stadium for football but at the 23k design and not at a 33k design if SDSU is involved.  

Also, Soccer City only needs a simple majority for approval since there is no tax payer funding for the proposal.

"Also joining him in support was Councilman Scott Sherman, whose district includes the Qualcomm Stadium property where a professional soccer stadium, housing, commercial development and parks would go."

“You know it is not absolutely perfect,” Sherman said of SoccerCity. “It wouldn’t be called a deal if it was absolutely perfect. Both sides have to give and take a little bit, but this provides revenue for the city, jobs for its citizens and it does it all without taxpayer dollars.”

He has been on board with it.  He and the mayor were the two most damaged by the  Chargers leaving so they're latching on desperately to anything that might bring them a political win.

Two council members have already come out publicly against it in support of SDSU.  So this thing is far from a done deal.

This is a very complex issue and fankly you dont have a clue about what's going on so again...stick to your MWC sunshine pumping.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

Councilmen Sherman and Mayor Faulconer (SDSU Grad) both received sizeable campaign donations from who else?  The major investors of FS investors... It is no surprise they came out in support of the Sucker City proposal.  The reality is SDSU should oppose this deal, as it is not good for the University on their long term goals.  SDSU should push for more than they are getting in this Sucker City proposal.   Even if the Sucker City proposal passes a November Special Election, which has not been approved yet. The city council has till the end of June to approve the special election.  Under the FS proposal, SDSU has till Dec. 1, 2017 to accept or reject the deal.  SDSU should do everything in the meantime to strengthen its position and the best way to do it is reject the deal as is.  It will either get more concessions on FS Investors part or other developers will side with SDSU  to possibly get a piece of Q site pie.

2 hours ago, Aztec Since 88 said:

Councilmen Sherman and Mayor Faulconer (SDSU Grad) both received sizeable campaign donations from who else?  The major investors of FS investors... It is no surprise they came out in support of the Sucker City proposal.  The reality is SDSU should oppose this deal, as it is not good for the University on their long term goals.  SDSU should push for more than they are getting in this Sucker City proposal.   Even if the Sucker City proposal passes a November Special Election, which has not been approved yet. The city council has till the end of June to approve the special election.  Under the FS proposal, SDSU has till Dec. 1, 2017 to accept or reject the deal.  SDSU should do everything in the meantime to strengthen its position and the best way to do it is reject the deal as is.  It will either get more concessions on FS Investors part or other developers will side with SDSU  to possibly get a piece of Q site pie.

Exactly. Thus, the worst thing that happens is SDSU plays in a 33,500 capacity stadium and develops the 10 acres around it. That is the absolute worst case scenario. There is no reason to not oppose this.

20 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

That was just one of many issues some boosters (me) had with Groth. She actually fought with the booster club over the issue. She said that she would be "lying to the NCAA if she reported it differently."

So she presumably thought something like 90% of FBS schools were lying to the NCAA? :rolleyes:

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

the worst thing that can happen to sdsu is they play at el camino.already got the taco trucks in operation.

Word is Hawaii has offered to rent SDSU your stadium for however long the Aztecs would need. They gonna pay travel subs for SDSU AND opponents.

Hawaii would get to keep parking and food profits and rent would be $100 per game. Would help Hawaii's bottom line.

Boom goes the dynamite.