Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterfrog

San Diego State Is Out

So I read an article in a SD newspaper and in the comment section it was mentioned that SDSU owns 35 acres in Adobe Canyon or Abode Falls Rd.  Apparently, according to the comment, SDSU didn't want to pay for traffic improvements for the development on that land.  Anyone know anything about that?

34 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

So I read an article in a SD newspaper and in the comment section it was mentioned that SDSU owns 35 acres in Adobe Canyon or Abode Falls Rd.  Apparently, according to the comment, SDSU didn't want to pay for traffic improvements for the development on that land.  Anyone know anything about that?

:popcorn:

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You just debunked more than half of your post he claimed was false.  You said it was for SDSU to profit.  So, you proved you were false?

Joint venture means both parties are the "developers". SDSU is proposing a speculative real estate venture backed by tax payer guaranteed CSU system wide revenue bonds. There is nothing noble or altruistic about it. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I don't know if it is or not honestly. There's nothing online about it. We were close to selling out a few games last season. I don't think Bohl has the need to use announced attendance figures.

It's above Bohl.  You should just stop speaking on the subject.

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Ouch.  The mayor is behind the FS initiative.....don't see the good for SDSU here.

Know we know why the Big West didn't expand with UCSD because they soon will get SDSU.

Stick to your MWC sunshine pumping.  It's the only thing you're good at.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

No, the surrounding homeowners threatened a lawsuit if shovels went into the ground.

Guest Dr. Dre
2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

We were close to selling out a few games last season. 

complete bullshit. Only WHYome fan....

9 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Kindly translate. I left my Flash Gordon decoder ring in the car.

Just being silly and messin around.

In all seriousness, this saddens me.  As much as I'd like to poke fun at our in-state rivals, this is not a good thing for the Mountain West as a whole.  Looks like Aztecs have 2 more seasons in the Q then 1 in Petco....I sincerely hope things work out.  Because since the MW became 12, I had hopes we could all incrementally progress and at least be more competitive with P5.  So far we've been stagnant as a whole at best our first 4 seasons with our current membership.

And might I add to the AAC delusions that they are "P6"....you have one or two decent season and still aren't as good as the pre-realignment MW on a consistent, multi-year basis.....keep dreaming.....we will.

~ FF

7 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Sounds like it.  Big money is on Futbol, not football, in the city of San Diego.  Sounds very 45th presidential to me.  Money wins, not people.

FS and the mayor want to make SD great again.  SDSU brass thinks FS and mayor should give a chit about college football after mayor and SD people not giving a chit about pro football?

~ FF

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, FresnoFanatic said:

FS and the mayor want to make SD great again.  SDSU brass thinks FS and mayor should give a chit about college football after mayor and SD people not giving a chit about pro football?

For the last time, this is NOT about football or soccer. This is about what is doing RIGHT by the city. In the 1950s, city leadership had the VISION to set aside 1000 acres to create a university- UCSD. How'd that turn out? Do you know what that institution DOES economically for San Diego and California? Here, its a little old, but you get the message http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/archive/economicimpact/pdf/Quick-Facts.pdf

The city now has the same opportunity with mission valley and SDSU. Seriously, +++++ SOCCER and FOOTBALL! If it came down to SDSU gaining that property at the expense of our football program, every responsible Aztec should say Go Aztec basketball! The impact that this could have for the university and city is just incalcuable. I'll ask one last question regarding FSI, if soccer is SO important to this deal, why not build your 25k stadium elsewhere? Sports arena perhaps? that's a city owned pit as well.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

For the last time, this is NOT about football or soccer. This is about what is doing RIGHT by the city. In the 1950s, city leadership had the VISION to set aside 1000 acres to create a university- UCSD. How'd that turn out? Do you know what that institution DOES economically for San Diego and California? Here, its a little old, but you get the message http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/archive/economicimpact/pdf/Quick-Facts.pdf

The city now has the same opportunity with mission valley and SDSU. Seriously, +++++ SOCCER and FOOTBALL! If it came down to SDSU gaining that property at the expense of our football program, every responsible Aztec should say Go Aztec basketball! The impact that this could have for the university and city is just incalcuable. I'll ask one last question regarding FSI, if soccer is SO important to this deal, why not build your 25k stadium elsewhere? Sports arena perhaps? that's a city owned pit as well.

It's about football....and money. Stop with the" it's about education "nonsense.  

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

16 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Because the big money guys at FS want that property.  What "great" men and "job creators" want, they get.

~ FF

Guest Dr. Dre
59 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It's about football....and money. Stop with the" it's about education "nonsense.  

yer a pea-brain. And obviously no fan of SDSU or San Diego.

Your apparent support for this awful deal is telling. Its so, what is the word I'm looking for? Oh,Its so pusillanimous of you.

Guest Dr. Dre
41 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Because the big money guys at FS want that property.  What "great" men and "job creators" want, they get.

And I knew you weren't smart enough to grasp it when I typed it. But I tried. But, this is the reason I don't engage you, or pick on you, You're just too stupid, and even I feel guilty when I do. See @mugtang? I can be nice.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

And I knew you weren't smart enough to grasp it when I typed it. But I tried. But, this is the reason I don't engage you, or pick on you, You're just too stupid, and even I feel guilty when I do. See @mugtang? I can be nice.

So nice it had to be posted twice.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Speaking of Mug, are personal attacks allowed on this board?  Mug, can you initiate a ban or do I have to submit it?  I'm too tied for time to read the board's rules and procedures right now.

~ FF

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Speaking of Mug, are personal attacks allowed on this board?  Mug, can you initiate a ban or do I have to submit it?  I'm too tied for time to read the board's rules and procedures right now.

now THIS is good. Stoopid AND a wimp!

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, FresnoFanatic said:

Looks like I'm Not the only one personally attacked on this board.

Yer not. Just ask, I don't know, the ENTIRE board?