Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Paris Austin to Cal

11 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Guaranteed that Austin's "people" were in touch with Cal long before he got his official release from Boise.  There's definitely some sleaze involved.

Isn't there almost always in these deals?

BTW I threw you an apostrophe, you're welcome.  :D

28 minutes ago, Son of California '06 said:

Everyone of you would forsake your lowly Mountain West school attend Cal. Why shouldn't Paris Austin?

Pssst.....

wanna try for three?

IMG_6809.JPG

This is why I roll my eyes whenever I hear someone say that kids shouldn't have to sit out a year when they transfer.

P5 programs would poach every single one of our good players each year. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

In a way I'm glad to see this guy go. He ran circles around Wyoming. Cal's getting a good player. But something stinks.

38 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

In a way I'm glad to see this guy go. He ran circles around Wyoming. Cal's getting a good player. But something stinks.

What stinks? D1 kids are transferring all the time now. What, you don't think they have an idea of where they're going before they announce their decision? That's pretty naive.

Personally, I kind of like the new "free agency" of NCAA sports. College sports is big business and now the athletes are treating like a business also and looking out for number one.

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

What stinks? D1 kids are transferring all the time now. What, you don't think they have an idea of where they're going before they announce their decision? That's pretty naive.

Personally, I kind of like the new "free agency" of NCAA sports. College sports is big business and now the athletes are treating like a business also and looking out for number one.

I think it's the kids who are naïve. They can get talked into a decision that might not necessarily benefit the athlete. I wish him the best of luck, but sitting out a year and playing for Cal doesn't seem that much better for his career than starting for Boise next year. He's not going there for the education.

2 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

I think it's the kids who are naïve. They can get talked into a decision that might not necessarily benefit the athlete. I wish him the best of luck, but sitting out a year and playing for Cal doesn't seem that much better for his career than starting for Boise next year. He's not going there for the education.

Sitting a year is often a good thing for these kids. And come on, Cal vs Boise, Pac-12 vs MWC, not to mention playing at home, that's a freaking no brainer.

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I got into Berkeley (and UCLA) Law and turned them down. Not everybody is enamored with your shithole city of spoiled rich kids, radical leftists, and heroin junkies passed out on park benches with spikes coming out of their arms. 

You don't lack for love of yourself.

7 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

I think the fans are naive. We are the people who have allowed our administrations the ability to pay our coaches absurd amounts of money and don't bat an eye. But the players, they are beholden to the system and if they leave, they are naive and have handlers and should stay for another year because somehow we know what's best for them.

Well, hopefully Cal has a good foreign language program. Chances are, no matter where plays college ball, he'll end up in eastern Europe wondering why he sat a year and had to be a cheerleader for a mediocre Pac 12 team while they recruited another guard to be the future of the program.

17 hours ago, Son of California '06 said:

Everyone of you would forsake your lowly Mountain West school attend Cal. Why shouldn't Paris Austin?

dkim_protest_staff-2-900x580.jpg

Your campus is littered with antifa pieces of shit who use wanton violence to silence speech they disagree with. Fvck your school, tbh.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

17 hours ago, Son of California '06 said:

Cal State Bakersfield says hi.  They led by as many as 25.

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/03/14/cal-mens-basketball-upset-home-csu-bakersfield-1st-round-nit/

7 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

The Alpha and the Omega. 

I guessed Iris! Gal-darnit!! 

9 hours ago, RogueStout said:

This is why I roll my eyes whenever I hear someone say that kids shouldn't have to sit out a year when they transfer.

P5 programs would poach every single one of our good players each year. 

I think there should be a provision allowing kids to transfer from P-5 to G-5 schools without having to sit out, much like with FCS schools. It would even things up a bit and make things interesting.