Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State recruiting 2018

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He will be a change of pace guy for us with some special packages I bet.  Not the type of back we usually ride but one that would have been nice the last few years for 8-10 carries a game.

With Mattison, Beasley, and now Allen the RB position will be stacked next season. 

Boise got a commit on Tuesday. I was waiting for details before I posted, but apparently it's a silent commit. It is someone on the DL. Don't know anything else besides that. I figured it would leak out somewhere, but hasn't yet.

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Boise is tripping the top ranked JC RB. He is also tripping to L'Ville. He has offers from Utah, Arizona, Arizona State and others.

Greg Bell?

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Was originally a SDSU commit out of HS. Not widely recruited and not even sure if he'd play DB or RB. Glad he's blown up, but there isn't mutual interest between him and SDSU. Wonder what happened.

10 hours ago, badfish said:

Was originally a SDSU commit out of HS. Not widely recruited and not even sure if he'd play DB or RB. Glad he's blown up, but there isn't mutual interest between him and SDSU. Wonder what happened.

I don't know the whole story but from what I hear it's similar to the Ben Moa deal.  They don't expect him to ever make it in...FWIW.

We were interested but then he kind of fell out of the picture academically and now we are up to our eyeballs in top rated RBs. It was his academics that  drove people off. He is a very good back powerfull,good vision would be a nice pickup for you. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

47 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Scale Igiehon, a 6'2, 320 lb DT (Three-Star) from Del Valle, TX just committed.

Offers from Purdue, Colorado State, Houston, New Mexico, UCF, etc.

Yeah, he had 14 offers with those looking like the best ones. 3***, looks like a pretty good pick up. 65th rated DT per scout and 78th best composite.

http://www.scout.com/player/scale-igiehon-94700

Boise State land Kukea Emmsley, Most notable offers are Oregon and Oregon State.  This guy is all talent.  Great combination of length, size and speed but very raw.

http://www.scout.com/Recruitment/Kukea-Emmsley-104254/RecruitInterests

@Warbow what can you tell us about him?

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise State land Kukea Emmsley

His uncle Loa Emmsley played on the defensive line for Boise State in the early 2000's, so around the same time Andy Avalos (Boise DC) and Gabe Franklin (Safeties coach) were playing here.

It's a very good get. Beating out Oregon doesn't happen very often. Harsin and staff has done well recruiting islanders and mainlander polys. We have to be getting close to double digits in that count. 

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise State land Kukea Emmsley, Most notable offers are Oregon and Oregon State.  This guy is all talent.  Great combination of length, size and speed but very raw.

http://www.scout.com/Recruitment/Kukea-Emmsley-104254/RecruitInterests

@Warbow what can you tell us about him?

Don't know much about him except Rolo was after him hard. So he must be a good. The high school he goes to has a problem qualifying their recruits for college, something you may want to keep an eye on. I'll keep you updated if you like on how his season is going.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

49 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU, Boise, CSU and Fresno having really good starts to the recruiting seasons so far.

We had that 2 week frenzy of commits, now it's died down. Hard to tell who's even on the radar right now or close to committing. The staff likes to keep it pretty wrapped up. Speculation is we only have a few more spots left (really small senior class this year) so we hope to be done by December.