Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Coach Pop on Trump: It's a Game Show

55 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

In-game interviews are a cancer on televised sports.

Why do you say that?

I used to love Bowden's half time interview on the way to the locker room.  Never knew what was going to fly out of that good old boy's piehole.  There were a couple other of the old time guys that were entertaining.  Now they all sound like David Shaw (either we're playing well, but need to clean things up, or..... we need to play better and clean things up) every time.  Or they're just a dick like Pop or Belecheck.

53 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I used to love it when Craig Sager did those quickies. I always had a feeling that both of them were laughing on the inside.

They absolutely were, Pop said as much after Sager passed. Pop even gave him a "real" interview after he came back for the last time. 

4 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Why do you say that?

I used to love Bowden's half time interview on the way to the locker room.  Never knew what was going to fly out of that good old boy's piehole.  There were a couple other of the old time guys that were entertaining.  Now they all sound like David Shaw (either we're playing well, but need to clean things up, or..... we need to play better and clean things up) every time.  Or they're just a dick like Pop or Belecheck.

You answered your own question!

14 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

He also called Zaza dirty

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch-pop-rips-warriors-pachulia-for-unsportsmanlike-play-that-injured-kawhi/

while ignoring how his own player, Bruce Bowen, did the same thing all the time. 

14 hours ago, retrofade said:

Significant differences there. What Bowen did was "dirty" at the time, but it wasn't illegal. What Zaza did was completely illegal. Bowen retired 8 years ago. Claiming that Spurs coaches, players, or fans can't complain about Zaza's bullshit is ridiculous. If you want to go down that road, then you have no place to defend Trump for the shit that he said before running for President as being irrelevant and that people's minds can change. Furthermore, Pop's comments on Trump are completely separate from his comments about Zaza... one has to do with the nation, and the other has to do with his job. Your comparison is faulty at best, and completely grasping at straws.

I know that Pops was asked a question that invited his response, but just shut the hell up about politics. I listen to sports to escape all the rest of the crap. Pops, ESPN and Colon Kaepernick among others need to learn that lesson.

Btw, I can't trust what Pops says about Trump if he can't even admit his own hypocrisy about Bowen. But that's typical IRL behavior, isn't it?

https://web.archive.org/web/20080612112118/http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA111806.05C.BKNspurs.notebook.38e2352.html

17 hours ago, retrofade said:

The man is an AFA grad, served 5 years active duty, was recruited by the CIA, and earned his undergrad in Soviet Studies during the height of the Cold War. 

Preach it, Pop!

Interesting, maybe his dumb ass shouldn't have been joking around claiming he was supporting Don Nelson days before the election?

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Interesting, maybe his dumb ass shouldn't have been joking around claiming he was supporting Don Nelson days before the election?

The Don Nelson Joke was at the end of an exchange where he used the political climate to prove a point.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The Don Nelson Joke was at the end of an exchange where he used the political climate to prove a point.

Don't care. He could have thrown his support behind Hillary, he took the bitch route and turned it in to a joke.

8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Don't care. He could have thrown his support behind Hillary, he took the bitch route and turned it in to a joke.

Pop never said who he was supporting in the election. He could have voted for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson for all we know, or maybe he did write-in Don Nelson.

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Pop never said who he was supporting in the election. He could have voted for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson for all we know, or maybe he did write-in Don Nelson.

Pop is totally a Jill Stein girl guy.

34 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

25 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I sure would have changed my vote had I known who Pops was supporting! :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'll rephrase, he could have supported his candidate, but he took the bitch route and made a joke about it. 

Pop is just being a whiny little bitch. 

7 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I'll rephrase, he could have supported his candidate, but he took the bitch route and made a joke about it. 

Pop is use being a whiny little bitch. 

As far as I'm aware, he hasn't ever disclosed his political candidate. 

Mormons talking about hypocrisy... :lol::lol::lol: 

Some masterful deflection to defend trump in here btw. I guess that's all you can do when your hero is indefensible 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

As far as I'm aware, he hasn't ever disclosed his political candidate. 

And he's never turned in to a whiny little bitch after an election either, first time for everything. 

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Some masterful deflection to defend trump in here btw. I guess that's all you can do when your hero is indefensible 

As you said, what else are his supporters going to do? The guys has been, is, and will continue to be an embarrassment to this country. 

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

This from a guy who votes based on who Urban Meyer supports. 

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

As you said, what else are his supporters going to do? The guys has been, is, and will continue to be an embarrassment to this country. 

Any CSUSJ fan who calls anyone or anything else an embarrassment has got some yuuuge cojones!

3 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

This from a guy who votes based on who Urban Meyer supports. 

Any CSUSJ fan who calls anyone or anything else an embarrassment has got some yuuuge cojones!

Thanks.