Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Ad Free Memberships

I've decided to add an "Ad Free" option for you guys.  I know many of you are advertising adverse and don't like seeing banners and what not so I made the decision to offer you the option of experiencing the mwcboard ad free.  However, it will run $5 per month.  I think this is a very fair price point as it is less than I make per average member of the board on advertising.  The only difference between the two is one sees advertisements, the other does not.  I've had a couple of people sign up already, @thelawlorfaithful & @4UNLV who have both provided positive feedback.  It's a monthly thing and if you decide you don't want to do it you are under no obligation to sign up.  

If you do sign up, I've included a link below.  It is all handled through PayPal so I will not receive any of your financial information, nor do I want it.  You're still bound by the forum rules otherwise.  I debated posting this or not as I don't want people to think I'm charging to use the board, which I'm not.  I know there will be some pushback and griping and that's fine.  As I said before, if you don't want to sign up then don't.

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/store/

Also, if you use adblocker, I'd encourage you to sign up as an ad-free member as this applies to all devices as long as you're signed in. 

As always, I appreciate your continued usage of the mwcboard and think this is a great escape for all of us from reality. 

-mug

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I will prefer to not pay and thus make you more money

@thelawlorfaithful @4UNLV why do you force mug to make less money?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:

And this is why I've given everybody the option.  Just trying to be sensitive to everybody's desires as many people hate ads.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

And this is why I've given everybody the option.  Just trying to be sensitive to everybody's desires as many people hate ads.

Yes many people hate the grinding wheels of progress when they are too slow and infirm to keep ahead

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest Dr. Dre

I don't mind the ads. they can be helpful. for instance, after a night with @VandalPride97's wife I just type in "fly repellent" or "air freshener" in my browser, and when I come over here, the ads offer plenty of options. right now I've got "greyound- leave the driving to us" in the banner. going to get her a ticket now

2 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

The increase in moderator favoritism continues unabated...

I like everybody equally.  I just happen to like some people more equally than others. 

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

I don't mind the ads. they can be helpful. for instance, after a night with @VandalPride97's wife I just type in "fly repellent" or "air freshener" in my browser, and when I come over here, the ads offer plenty of options. right now I've got "greyound- leave the driving to us" in the banner. going to get her a ticket now

:lol: 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

2 hours ago, DrBulldog said:

Mug....I  will continue to use the ad option and keep the money flowing into your coffers!  Thank you so much for making this available.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I just clicked on 3 different banner ads @mugtang. I'll continue to support via this mechanism. 

There is no nobility in being cheap, boys. And you're moms are easy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

24 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Does this site really make you money Mug? Serious question 

Yes 

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

I've decided to add an "Ad Free" option for you guys.  I know many of you are advertising adverse and don't like seeing banners and what not so I made the decision to offer you the option of experiencing the mwcboard ad free.  However, it will run $5 per month.  I think this is a very fair price point as it is less than I make per average member of the board on advertising.  The only difference between the two is one sees advertisements, the other does not.  I've had a couple of people sign up already, @thelawlorfaithful & @4UNLV who have both provided positive feedback.  It's a monthly thing and if you decide you don't want to do it you are under no obligation to sign up.  

If you do sign up, I've included a link below.  It is all handled through PayPal so I will not receive any of your financial information, nor do I want it.  You're still bound by the forum rules otherwise.  I debated posting this or not as I don't want people to think I'm charging to use the board, which I'm not.  I know there will be some pushback and griping and that's fine.  As I said before, if you don't want to sign up then don't.

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/store/

Also, if you use adblocker, I'd encourage you to sign up as an ad-free member as this applies to all devices as long as you're signed in. 

As always, I appreciate your continued usage of the mwcboard and think this is a great escape for all of us from reality. 

-mug

Dude, one of the best things about this site are the ads. Lots of others agree. Where else can Dre get to see the different manufactures that offer tranny blow up dolls, and that combined with Aztec sports talk.

kat.jpg