Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

OT NBA Conference Finals

4 hours ago, TK_05 said:

arguably the most pointless season in nba history. should've just forgone the playoffs and had cleveland play gsw in like 3 best of 7 series

Indeed, but everyone had Cleveland written off in April because they played so bad down the stretch.  Their defense was bad.  They were losing tons of games to Eastern contenders.

They were just messing with everyone.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

yep.

terrible Conference finals ...

Celtics just chuck them  up and dont play defense......

Brad Stevens is a genius..

(and I m a Celtics fan)

Teams built around undersized, chucker guards don't work long term.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest RoscoesDad
15 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Teams built around undersized, chucker guards don't work long term.

That is the enitre nba now thanks to golden state.  Yeah it works if you have steph and klay., two anomolies and unique players that no other team will ever duplicate   The nba product sucks and unwatchable.   No fast breaks, just teams hoisting up as many 3a as possible mixed in with a few dunks and a whistle every 10 seconds.  

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

That is the enitre nba now thanks to golden state.  Yeah it works if you have steph and klay., two anomolies and unique players that no other team will ever duplicate   The nba product sucks and unwatchable.   No fast breaks, just teams hoisting up as many 3a as possible mixed in with a few dunks and a whistle every 10 seconds.  

lol

"no fast breaks"

gsw had like the third most fast break points per game over the regular season in the last 20 years

just stahp. don't watch. nobody cares that you don't like something. i don't know why this is a trend on the internet. if you don't watch, don't like... don't comment. just wasting everyone's time with that pointless drivel 

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, TK_05 said:

lol

"no fast breaks"

gsw had like the third most fast break points per game over the regular season in the last 20 years

just stahp. don't watch. nobody cares that you don't like something. i don't know why this is a trend on the internet. if you don't watch, don't like... don't comment. just wasting everyone's time with that pointless drivel 

Solid analysis.  This is a forum for opinions btw.  If you dont like hearing stuff you dont agree with perhaps this is not the best forum for you. 

Just now, RoscoesDad said:

Solid analysis.  This is a forum for opinions btw.  If you dont like hearing stuff you dont agree with perhaps this is not the best forum for you. 

or i could just ignore you

was giving you the benefit of the doubt but when you have opinions that are just laughably wrong... over and over... i mean +++++

square peg, round hole type nonsense

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, TK_05 said:

or i could just ignore you

was giving you the benefit of the doubt but when you have opinions that are just laughably wrong... over and over... i mean +++++

square peg, round hole type nonsense

Despite what you think, I could give a flying +++++ what your opinion is about mine.  Unfortunately for you, I am going to keep posting whatever I think, whenever I want. If you think my opinions are wrong, then it just tells me I am more right than I've ever been.

And yes, just go ahead and put me on ignore.   Deal with it or go get another hobby.

34 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

He posted a stat, not an opinion. 

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

He posted a stat, not an opinion. 

Really, What stat was that?  I just scrolled up on the replies to my post and didnt see any stats.  Just someone who gets butthurt about anything i post about the awful nba product and doesnt like my opinion.  

20 hours ago, TK_05 said:

great franchise but the finals were never in question once KD went to GSW

3 years running, the spurs have only managed to challenge the warriors reign once, this season. they're perennial contenders but not at the same level as cleveland and gsw. don't let the stellar regular season record and consistency fool you, the cream rises in the playoffs and that spurs roster can't hope to contend over 7 games.

i mean... all signs are pointing to two 12-0 teams meeting in the nba finals, that's just silly

The Spurs with Loenard and Parker healthy would have a shot. With both out no way.  

Celts have lacked offensive firepower without Thomas and he's been hurt since the Wizards series.  

Take two underdogs, add injuries to key players and you have a recipie for a blowout.   The Celtics window is not closing however.  It's just opening up. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

The Spurs with Loenard and Parker healthy would have a shot. With both out no way.  

Celts have lacked offensive firepower without Thomas and he's been hurt since the Wizards series.  

Take two underdogs, add injuries to key players and you have a recipie for a blowout.   The Celtics window is not closing however.  It's just opening up. 

i think people are overrating tony a bit. he's been pretty bad these last 2 seasons and kind of turned it on for these playoffs. i love tony but he's definitely over the hill and on the decline, i think that team is better with patty in the game anyway

leonard is certainly a difference maker but unless the spurs play perfect basketball or have LA, simmons, manu, etc. all step up, they're not beating the warriors. pop basically says as much, your only chance is to pray, the warriors only beat themselves imo

edit - and i think the toll these mvp finalists have gone through over the course of the season fighting for their teams is really starting (and did for westbrook/harden) to show. this is the first season kawhi has really been "the guy, 100%" on offense. it wears on everyone and kawhi is still human. he's still going to want to defend who he wants to defend, his energy management would have been really tested while gsw can basically trot out 4 all-stars, 2 mvp's and a dpoy to share the burden. i mean... i love optimism and rooting for the long shot but the spurs at 100% would be lucky to stretch it to 6 imo

1 hour ago, TK_05 said:

i think people are overrating tony a bit. he's been pretty bad these last 2 seasons and kind of turned it on for these playoffs. i love tony but he's definitely over the hill and on the decline, i think that team is better with patty in the game anyway

leonard is certainly a difference maker but unless the spurs play perfect basketball or have LA, simmons, manu, etc. all step up, they're not beating the warriors. pop basically says as much, your only chance is to pray, the warriors only beat themselves imo

edit - and i think the toll these mvp finalists have gone through over the course of the season fighting for their teams is really starting (and did for westbrook/harden) to show. this is the first season kawhi has really been "the guy, 100%" on offense. it wears on everyone and kawhi is still human. he's still going to want to defend who he wants to defend, his energy management would have been really tested while gsw can basically trot out 4 all-stars, 2 mvp's and a dpoy to share the burden. i mean... i love optimism and rooting for the long shot but the spurs at 100% would be lucky to stretch it to 6 imo

Yeah, I'd have to agree. The first 2 and 1/2 quarters with Leonard really showcased the Spurs inability to create shots, defend or really do much of anything against the Warriors. It was a pretty pathetic attempt by the Spurs. 

And you're right. Pop is known for calling out other teams star players, badmouthing entire teams and telling the media that the Spurs will destroy every team. So much bulletin material comes out of his mouth that it's crazy that he's allow to talk to media by the owners. For him to praise an opposing team/player and downplay his own teams ability is freaking crazy. He's never done it. Honestly, he quit about 10 years ago. 

You heard Pop completely slammed Tim Duncan for coming to the practice facility for the free food and being unable to offer any advice to the team, right? 

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

6 minutes ago, UTAlrightGuy said:

Yeah, I'd have to agree. The first 2 and 1/2 quarters with Leonard really showcased the Spurs inability to create shots, defend or really do much of anything against the Warriors. It was a pretty pathetic attempt by the Spurs. 

And you're right. Pop is known for calling out other teams star players, badmouthing entire teams and telling the media that the Spurs will destroy every team. So much bulletin material comes out of his mouth that it's crazy that he's allow to talk to media by the owners. For him to praise an opposing team/player and downplay his own teams ability is freaking crazy. He's never done it. Honestly, he quit about 10 years ago. 

You heard Pop completely slammed Tim Duncan for coming to the practice facility for the free food and being unable to offer any advice to the team, right? 

i get that people hate the warriors but pretending like it wasn't going to be cleveland and golden state in the finals this year after game 7 last year is just delusion

the spurs are a great franchise but they were never going to beat the warriors. you can think that parker and kawhi getting hurt is the reason why it won't happen this time, i don't care. if that helps you sleep at night than so be it

1 minute ago, TK_05 said:

i get that people hate the warriors but pretending like it wasn't going to be cleveland and golden state in the finals this year after game 7 last year is just delusion

the spurs are a great franchise but they were never going to beat the warriors. you can think that parker and kawhi getting hurt is the reason why it won't happen this time, i don't care. if that helps you sleep at night than so be it

Ok.

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

6 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Is this NBA or WWE? Scripting two undefeated juggernauts to come head to head for the ultimate rubbermatch.

... and celtics/lakers/sixers make up the top 3 picks in this year's draft. it does feel pretty engineered doesn't it? 

12 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Is this NBA or WWE? Scripting two undefeated juggernauts to come head to head for the ultimate rubbermatch.

Or is that how a playoff system should work?

Not everything is college football where big names don't have to earn their way.