Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

OT NBA Conference Finals

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Not 99%, only about 79%. One thing I hate about them is not only are the 21% the real Warriors fans, they're not the yuppie fine wine drinkers you see so frequently see all of a sudden. And just wait. Once the Warriors move into that hoity-toidy new arena in The City, the outrageous cost of tickets is going to keep those true long-term fans from being able to come to games at all.

ha, that's about the ratio i thought of yesterday. i think about 20% are true warrior fans and the true fans have been pretty die-hard through some lean times. it's a shame when they pan to the crowd and everyone's got a new jersey on or a shirt with crease on the sleeves. the new success has meant the die-hard fans have largely been priced out of the stadium. the move to SF will only solidify the change.

it's the same with every team that follows a similar arc so it is what it is. you don't really enjoy the highs as much if you weren't there to experience the lows anyway

38 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Meanwhile, LeBron is 18-23 against the Spurs. 

That's pretty damn good actually considering over half his career Lebron played with nobodies and Spurs had the same core for like 20 years and possible the greatest coach in the history of the game.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Guest RoscoesDad

My god the eastern conference is terrible.  That game 7 last night was between two bad teams playing awful, unwatchable basketball.  That Celtic starting 5 is perhaps the worst I have ever seen get to the conf finals.  It's time the NBA seeds all teams regardless of conference before the playoffs.  Neither of those two donkeys last night should have made it out of the first round.

20 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

My god the eastern conference is terrible.  That game 7 last night was between two bad teams playing awful, unwatchable basketball.  That Celtic starting 5 is perhaps the worst I have ever seen get to the conf finals.  It's time the NBA seeds all teams regardless of conference before the playoffs.  Neither of those two donkeys last night should have made it out of the first round.

The Celtics had the best record in the eastern conference, even better than Cleveland.  But I agree, the eastern conference is weak.  Has been for a few years.  The Bulls?  They got hot in the playoffs.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

49 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

sounds like you shouldn't watch then

I am a Laker fan who has been rooting for the Warriors the last few years.   I don't see how you can't root for a team with Curry and Green and the others.   I love watching Green and his versatility and Curry is just the best basketball player of our time.  They pass the ball well, they play good defense, they are extremely talented.

The current Cleveland and Warriors teams are the first teams since 1988 that would stand a chance against the Celtic, Laker and other teams of the 80's.

I don't see how you could not root for these teams if you like basketball.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am a Laker fan who has been rooting for the Warriors the last few years.   I don't see how you can't root for a team with Curry and Green and the others.   I love watching Green and his versatility and Curry is just the best basketball player of our time.  They pass the ball well, they play good defense, they are extremely talented.

The current Cleveland and Warriors teams are the first teams since 1988 that would stand a chance against the Celtic, Laker and other teams of the 80's.

I don't see how you could not root for these teams if you like basketball.

Lebron?

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, TK_05 said:

sounds like you shouldn't watch then

Sound advice.  However I typically watch game 7s expecting to see a couple of good teams compete.

35 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Lebron?

Well, there are possibly a handful of opinions re who the best player is today.  James and Curry are in the mix.  Got to allow for some differing opinions on this one.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, BleedRed702 said:

Lebron?

Lebron certainly could be called the best player of this age.   I really don't think he can take over games like Curry can and will his team to win.

I think Curry is underrated especially under today's ruleset.

Both players are far better then Michael Jordan.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Well, there are possibly a handful of opinions re who the best player is today.  James and Curry are in the mix.  Got to allow for some differing opinions on this one.

Have you been watching the playoffs? Lebron is still the best player in the league, bar none.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, TK_05 said:

OK? So you didn't watch game 6? 

No. Have you watched any of the western conf playoffs in which pretty much all 8 teams were better than boston or washington?  The point was if you start seeding the playoffs 1-16 it would weed out the shit teams a lot faster and would make for better playoff basketball watching.   The fact boston had the best record in the east with that garbage roster is a crime against humanity.  

On 5/14/2017 at 4:51 PM, retrofade said:

It's mostly because of all of the bandwagon Lakers fans were suddenly "lifelong" Warriors fans as soon as the Lakers started sucking and the Warriors were good. Then you add to it how Draymond Green is a dislikeable dirty as +++++ piece of shit, and then they have Zaza who is somehow even dirtier. On top of it, we've been stuck with the Warriors/Cavs Pt. 3 narrative shoved down our throats since the day after the Finals ended last year. I have zero respect for Durant for abandoning his team and then shit talking them after he was gone. If you're going to leave, then leave, there's no point in being a complete asshole about it. Then you have David West, who played for the Spurs last year, left for the Warriors, and shittalked them as well. They're just an all-around dislikeable bunch of shitstains, and the refs let them get away with murder in every +++++ing game.

Well i am a life long warriors fan, so suck it cry baby

27 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

No. Have you watched any of the western conf playoffs in which pretty much all 8 teams were better than boston or washington?  The point was if you start seeding the playoffs 1-16 it would weed out the shit teams a lot faster and would make for better playoff basketball watching.   The fact boston had the best record in the east with that garbage roster is a crime against humanity.  

i watch every game

that's a cute idea. not sure what any of this has to do with boston. they're a pretty great story this year and brad stevens is the first to admit they're heavy overachievers this year. they still play in the east with lebron, i don't see how it's the celtics fault the east is trash. lebron's about to go to 7 straight finals, i'm sure that has something to do with the talent gaps between the 2 conferences

6 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

You know it's bad when Kelly Olynk is the big star in the 4th quarter of the game.  It's a shame John Wall can't shoot.  He has all the other tools.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

The Celtics had the best record in the eastern conference, even better than Cleveland.  But I agree, the eastern conference is weak.  Has been for a few years.  The Bulls?  They got hot in the playoffs.

The Bulls would have swept the Celtics if Rondo hadn't gotten hurt.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg