Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada wins its first governors series

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

What more funny is that Nevada is now better than Vegas in just about every possible measure and the Groth disaster is in the rear-view mirror.

• Academics, grad rate: Check
  • Campus, and student experience: Check
  • Athletics: Check

You can still bitch about giving away your taxes as the Knights/Raiders move in to consume what fan base Vegas has left - using your tax money I might add.

One baseball game away from sweeping your sorry asses in the ONLY sports that matter.

You are delusional. You tied us this year. Tied! If you want to see dominance look at these numbers:

2015-2016 UNLV wins 28.5-19.5

2014-2015 UNLV wins 27-21

2013-2014 UNLV wins 30-18

2012-2013 UNLV wins 37.5-10.5

UNR has never, and I mean NEVER, had more points that UNLV. 

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You are delusional. You tied us this year. Tied! If you want to see dominance look at these numbers:

I could give two chits about the governors trophy. All that matters is three sports as it relates to this board. You fools are the ones who are bent over losing it. 

37 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

That goes to show what a difference an AD makes.  We've been getting better ever since Groth got pushed out.  Tip of the hat to your golf & tennis programs.

28 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I could give two chits about the governors trophy. All that matters is three sports as it relates to this board. You fools are the ones who are bent over losing it. 

Of course you say you don't care. Kind of hard to care about something when you've never had it. 

LOL at Reno having a better "student experience". Maybe if you have an aphetamine addiction 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

LOL at Reno having a better "student experience". Maybe if you have an aphetamine addiction 

Is commuting to school part of that wonderful, UNLV experience? 

Vegas really has no student experience to speak of.  It's kind of a shitty place to go to school; although I understand things are improving. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Of course you say you don't care. Kind of hard to care about something when you've never had it. 

Does anyone really give a phuck about MV  golf & tennis? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Guest RoscoesDad

The funny thing is that Reno fans think Vegas fans actually think this is important, rather than just a way to ruffle a few feathers about another thing that Renofan would almost certainly take way toooooo seriously.  You guys are so easy to rile up because you take everything way more seriously than anyone at UNLV does.

You haven't even realized yet - over the last 30+ years - that 90% of UNLV fans are glorychasing basketball-only whores that give zero +++++s about anything else related to UNLV.  I'd say maybe 25% of our fan base even know what the Governors cup is, while 90% plus bitch about TKM.  And yes, I realize this is an indictment on our fanbase.  And yes I am just calling it like it is.

33 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

The funny thing is that Reno fans think Vegas fans actually think this is important, rather than just a way to ruffle a few feathers about another thing that Renofan would almost certainly take way toooooo seriously.  You guys are so easy to rile up because you take everything way more seriously than anyone at UNLV does.

You haven't even realized yet - over the last 30+ years - that 90% of UNLV fans are glorychasing basketball-only whores that give zero +++++s about anything else related to UNLV.  I'd say maybe 25% of our fan base even know what the Governors cup is, while 90% plus bitch about TKM.  And yes, I realize this is an indictment on our fanbase.  And yes I am just calling it like it is.

I do recall arguing with Lori on twitter and she did cite the governors series and your hotel management school as reasons why unlv is better than us.  I congratulated her on having a better golf program and being better at track and moved on with my life. 

As for caring about this, never really have and I never really will.  You guys have some sports that are just heads and shoulders above ours. That's the way it is and likely always will be.  What matters are the revenue sports, football and basketball.  Baseball, kinda and if we were applying for Big12 membership we would include swimming.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest RoscoesDad
29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I do recall arguing with Lori on twitter and she did cite the governors series and your hotel management school as reasons why unlv is better than us.  I congratulated her on having a better golf program and being better at track and moved on with my life. 

As for caring about this, never really have and I never really will.  You guys have some sports that are just heads and shoulders above ours. That's the way it is and likely always will be.  What matters are the revenue sports, football and basketball.  Baseball, kinda and if we were applying for Big12 membership we would include swimming.  

Lori is actually one of the small % of UNLV basketball fans that actually care about other sports at UNLV.  But she is the exception to the rule. For almost 30+ years now UNLV basketball has operated as the professional franchise in Vegas, and so, we get a large percentage of our fanbase that are transplants, not alums, and all they care about is hoops.  They know about LJ, Ice and Mo Scurry, yet they have no idea who Jared Brown, Henry Bailey or Randy Gatewood are. Luke Smith? NCAA champion in mens Tennis.  Our Swimming program and coach are top notch   We have perhaps the best golf coach in the nation.  I'd bet 25% of fans at any given UNLV hoops game couldn't name our baseball coach let alone give a rats ass about how Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Golf or Tennis are doing.  Ironically, I can't stand most UNLV hoops fans just as much as UNR fan does..and likely for many of the same reasons.

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You mean like Akron, Northern Iowa and Indiana State?  Well of course, not.

8 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Not marginally better. Better by every measure. Campus, campus life, dorms, you name it. Vegas is a commuter campus in an area that is getting more and more sketchy by the year. 

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Not marginally better. Better by every measure. Campus, campus life, dorms, you name it. Vegas is a commuter campus in an area that is getting more and more sketchy by the year. 

I guess you have to be  Hendo pseudo "bad ass".

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 5/15/2017 at 0:24 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

A 100 million dollar donation would be a monster get. Malcolm Gladwell had a good podcast about such large donations. Prestigious universities with multi-billion dollar endowments get almost all of them. UNLV is a clown college, but I sincerely wish them luck in securing one. Would be a game changer for them, and one can wish the start of trend for the good of higher education in this country. The Stanfords and Princetons don't need billionaire's generosity.

Only a clown college could be so stupid as to think they could just announce that they were looking for a $100M donation and said donation would fall from the sky.  The list of public universities that could seriously set out to do that is small, probably less than twenty in the country.  And even then, those donations are cultivated over many years before they come to fruition and almost always from well established donors who've already given tens of millions to the school.  I don't think I've ever seen such a toxic combination of arrogance and stupidity from an alleged institution of higher learning than with UNLV basing its whole med school financing model on being able to get a single $100M donation.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

19 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I bet you would if you guys were beating us at it ;) 

I'm also curious but dd Reno have any teams win games in any NCAA Tournament this year? I honestly don't know. I know our girl's volleyball team beat Utah in the 1st round of the tournament. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

17 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Lori is actually one of the small % of UNLV basketball fans that actually care about other sports at UNLV.  But she is the exception to the rule. For almost 30+ years now UNLV basketball has operated as the professional franchise in Vegas, and so, we get a large percentage of our fanbase that are transplants, not alums, and all they care about is hoops.  They know about LJ, Ice and Mo Scurry, yet they have no idea who Jared Brown, Henry Bailey or Randy Gatewood are. Luke Smith? NCAA champion in mens Tennis.  Our Swimming program and coach are top notch   We have perhaps the best golf coach in the nation.  I'd bet 25% of fans at any given UNLV hoops game couldn't name our baseball coach let alone give a rats ass about how Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Golf or Tennis are doing.  Ironically, I can't stand most UNLV hoops fans just as much as UNR fan does..and likely for many of the same reasons.

This times 1000, Chris is doing amazing things with the women's soccer program, Rich Ryserson has turned around the men's soccer team. Dwaine Knight is a great guy I've gotten to know a little bit over the last year and men's assistant golf coach Phil is a really cool guy. Kathy Olivier is a nut but she's a really nice women (when they're not losing) and coach Frederick (I believe ) was the only coach to win an NCAA Tournament game this year. 

Now baseball , another story, not sure if Stolte is the guy or not but he did get Greg Maddux aboard to help out so that might help 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage