Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada wins its first governors series

Well played Wolf Pack.  Ironic that Brian Polian was the key to this victory.  I agree with the football game being the tie-breaker - and I think we would all say that winning the football game is much more important than winning the GC, but you won both and that's really annoying.

When I made this graphic I feared that this day would come, but I didn't think it would come this soon...

UNRsHopes_zps8379742f.jpg

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

So it was a really a tie. You guys just get the trophy.

#undefeated

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It was tied, so really UNR just got a sympathy trophy. 

Tie breaker mother phuckers...

Image result for fremont cannon

Thanks Polian.

41 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Well played Wolf Pack.  Ironic that Brian Polian was the key to this victory.  I agree with the football game being the tie-breaker - and I think we would all say that winning the football game is much more important than winning the GC, but you won both and that's really annoying.

When I made this graphic I feared that this day would come, but I didn't think it would come this soon...

UNRsHopes_zps8379742f.jpg

:badlink:

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

i also heard at graduation yesterday that UNLV made a truck load of money from the presidential debate. and that with the medical school ready to be up and running in 2 months, we will be climbing into tier 1 status. uh oh.

AND that UNLV won the MW award for community service. and no, not the court required time, lol. (figured i'd beat you reno guys to the punch.)

I heard that the medical school is way behind schedule because they were counting on a mega donor that never came.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/unlv-med-school-faces-setbacks-amid-rift-lacks-100m-donor/

1 minute ago, bigd said:

I heard that the medical school is way behind schedule because they were counting on a mega donor that never came.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/unlv-med-school-faces-setbacks-amid-rift-lacks-100m-donor/

I also heard they lost money on the debate. 

Which version is true? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

i also heard at graduation yesterday that UNLV made a truck load of money from the presidential debate. and that with the medical school ready to be up and running in 2 months, we will be climbing into tier 1 status. uh oh.

AND that UNLV won the MW award for community service. and no, not the court required time, lol. (figured i'd beat you reno guys to the punch.)

Vegas lost millions on the debate. $4+ million over budget. 

3 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Hey - we finished third in the National Concrete Canoe competition- does that add points?

Edit - BTW We've won the Natty twice 

No need to remind us.  We all saw the banners in Lawlor.

9 hours ago, bigd said:

A 100 million dollar donation would be a monster get. Malcolm Gladwell had a good podcast about such large donations. Prestigious universities with multi-billion dollar endowments get almost all of them. UNLV is a clown college, but I sincerely wish them luck in securing one. Would be a game changer for them, and one can wish the start of trend for the good of higher education in this country. The Stanfords and Princetons don't need billionaire's generosity.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

This is really funny. This is the first year Reno wins, and only because they have the tie breaker. We have the worst year in history with mens hoops and choke away baseball and volleyball and you still can't beat us outright. Enjoy it boys because I have a feeling you won't see another one any time soon. 

49 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is really funny. This is the first year Reno wins, and only because they have the tie breaker. We have the worst year in history with mens hoops and choke away baseball and volleyball and you still can't beat us outright. Enjoy it boys because I have a feeling you won't see another one any time soon. 

Funny I thought the tie breaker was who found the most lame way to introduce a basketball team and paid him 10K for 5 minutes of work. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

22 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I also heard they lost money on the debate. 

Which version is true? 

I've also heard that, so I would think the version you heard is accurate 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

I guess we'll just have to settle for keeping the cannon and sweeping your sorry asses in hoops.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Lol at choke. They lost.

33 minutes ago, just_chris said:

Funny I thought the tie breaker was who found the most lame way to introduce a basketball team and paid him 10K for 5 minutes of work. 

What more funny is that Nevada is now better than Vegas in just about every possible measure and the Groth disaster is in the rear-view mirror.

• Academics, grad rate: Check
  • Campus, and student experience: Check
  • Athletics: Check

You can still bitch about giving away your taxes as the Knights/Raiders move in to consume what fan base Vegas has left - using your tax money I might add.

One baseball game away from sweeping your sorry asses in the ONLY sports that matter.

10 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Lol at choke. They lost.

Choke away baseball? Vegas baseball has sucked since a Nevada grad built that program. And he attends most Nevada homes games because he can't even stand what Vegas has become.

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

Choke away baseball? Vegas baseball has sucked since a Nevada grad built that program. And he attends most Nevada homes games because he can't even stand what Vegas has become.

I imagine he is using two different definitions of choke. For baseball it probably has to do with Friday's game which the Pack won on a walk. For volleyball, maybe he thinks they choked because it was at home and UNLV finished higher in the standings. Either way, they are ridiculous notions. The teams lost. 

Nevada victories in the series could be few and far between, though. The almost automatic 12 point hole from tennis and golf is difficult to overcome.