Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Hair Thompson speaks out - all topics covered

Guest #1Stunner

Hair discusses the following:

--- MWC football scheduling (start times) (Boise not getting Saturday games)

--- ESPN and CBS Sports want 8:30 start times

--- Conference reviewing media contracts

--- CSU vs WYO game only had 98,000 TV viewers (questions if ESPN is needed)

--- Discussion about moving the MWC Basketball tournament to a different city besides Las Vegas (says Las Vegas is saturated now)

--- MWC pursuing the Frisco Texas Bowl vs the AAC (will compete to get that bowl vs BYU and the MAC)

--- Said that the Conference is a 1 bid basketball league.  Talked about programs in the MWC that need to schedule tougher opponents

--- Missouri Valley challenge

--- says the MWC didn't pursue Wichita, because it was too difficult for the California schools for travel

24 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

rolo is going to fvck the mwc media day up.you already know cuz.its going to get real.

God I hope so!!

I actually listened to the whole interview, and I now wonder how we have survived as a conference this long.  What a phucking tool.

Dear Lord, please put CSU into a conference with leadership instead of followership.  Amen.

What a phucking tool.

I'd be okay with the tournament in San Diego, but it's the same scenario as holding it at the T&M. Better to look at LA or the Bay Area (excluding San Jose). Reno would be okay too, but the same issues as SD and LV (unless the venue was changed). Phoenix might be a possibility too. SLC's off my list due to their brilliant .05 BAC move...

Maybe go back to the good ol' days of rotating it around the conference. Other than SJSU, AFA, and perhaps USU, everyone's facilities are up to par for it...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

God I hope so!!

I actually listened to the whole interview, and I now wonder how we have survived as a conference this long.  What a phucking tool.

Dear Lord, please put CSU into a conference with leadership instead of followership.  Amen.

What a phucking tool.

Remember how he was essentially frozen on a fense with nothing but some guy's cock in his hand, before he finally, granted our passage into the MW.

If he would have just cleaned out his vagina, even just a little bit, he might have had the forsights to grab BSU when TCU was added.  Instead, BSU goes on to win two BCS games, which do nothing to assist the MW, and meanwhile, all the good teams leave...

If BSU had played with BYU, Utah, and TCU when we were all good - around the time TCU got to kiss Hair's ring - the conference might have actually stayed together. 

Wonder how it'd be if we had the beforementioned schools, the MTN channel back, and the conference hilighted by 4 premier programs - all before the TV deal was about to get redone...

Hair's +++++ing stupid, and needs to go, there's NO way around it...  Also, if he could take Harsin's stupid ass with him, that'd be great...

New-Signature.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Remember how he was essentially frozen on a fense with nothing but some guy's cock in his hand, before he finally, granted our passage into the MW.

If he would have just cleaned out his vagina, even just a little bit, he might have had the forsights to grab BSU when TCU was added.  Instead, BSU goes on to win two BCS games, which do nothing to assist the MW, and meanwhile, all the good teams leave...

If BSU had played with BYU, Utah, and TCU when we were all good - around the time TCU got to kiss Hair's ring - the conference might have actually stayed together. 

Wonder how it'd be if we had the beforementioned schools, the MTN channel back, and the conference hilighted by 4 premier programs - all before the TV deal was about to get redone...

Hair's +++++ing stupid, and needs to go, there's NO way around it...  Also, if he could take Harsin's stupid ass with him, that'd be great...

Do you really believe that Utah and TCU would have turned down the B-12 and Pac-12 in order to play in a league with BSU ?

You know how you get a higher attendance in Vegas? You have more talented teams. When UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico are all down, the conference suffers. This year attendance will be up, only due to a more competitive UNLV.

14 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

BSU wasn't going to roll the MWC like they were the WAC.  Holding off to add them allowed the MWC to use their record in the WAC as MWC history and put the MWC over the hump.  BCS bylaws required that the MWC replace the Big East if Boise was added when they were...IF TCU and Utah had stayed, due to what would have been a higher BCS ranking with all three teams in the conference.  Since TCU and Utah didn't stay, their records and bowl wins went with them and left the MWC still on the outside looking in.  I really do believe the intent was to add Boise when it could be a kill shot.  I also believe that the B12 and P10 were under a lot of pressure to take a MWC team in expansion just to avoid that kill shot.

15 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Do you really believe that Utah and TCU would have turned down the B-12 and Pac-12 in order to play in a league with BSU ?

We'll never know. 

Maybe, just maybe we could have secured AQ status and obtained a lucrative TV deal if they had stayed.

But, they left....  like scandalous dirty whores creeping out in the middle of the night...

Too bad Utah left like a money-grubbing fat girl, which made BYU get penis envy so bad they had to bail, leaving TCU to suck the BE's cockles  before fortuitously being offered by the Big 12.

New-Signature.jpg

I think that Utah wanted in the pac-12 not only for sports, but also to be in a conference with the top academic schools in the west. TCU returned to the Texas based B-12 for a lot of the same reasons. I can not even attempt to answer the BYU question, that one is a little harder to understand.

25 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

I think that Utah wanted in the pac-12 not only for sports, but also to be in a conference with the top academic schools in the west. TCU returned to the Texas based B-12 for a lot of the same reasons. I can not even attempt to answer the BYU question, that one is a little harder to understand.

No, Jeff nailed that one.  Penis envy.  I was spending a lot of time in Utah at the time, including the Provo area.  BYU fans were pissed about Utah going PAC12 without them.  More than one referred to it as religious persecution (not kidding).  They wanted out of the conference that was no longer worthy of them without a Utah in it.  Others may have seen it differently, but this was the rhetoric out of that region that I heard at the time.

10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

No, Jeff nailed that one.  Penis envy.  I was spending a lot of time in Utah at the time, including the Provo area.  BYU fans were pissed about Utah going PAC12 without them.  More than one referred to it as religious persecution (not kidding).  They wanted out of the conference that was no longer worthy of them without a Utah in it.  Others may have seen it differently, but this was the rhetoric out of that region that I heard at the time.

That could be true.