Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

New Approval Ratings for Trump are in..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/more-bad-news-for-trump-his-poll-numbers-hit-new-lows/ar-BBAZyY7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

36% Job performance approval rating, an all time low

35% personal approval rating, another all time low

Along with these gems

The percentage of Americans who strongly approve of him is tied for an all-time low at 25 percent. And the percentage who strongly disapprove has reached an all-time high of 51 percent.

Trump also his worst numbers to date - across 10 separate Q polls since the 2016 election - on the following measures:

Honesty: Just 33 percent say he is

Good leadership skills: 56 percent say he doesn’t have them

Caring about average people: 59 percent say he doesn’t

Being levelheaded: Voters say 66-29 he’s not (unlike the other numbers here, this is tied for all-time worst, not setting a new one)

Being intelligent: Voters say only 56-41 that he is

Sharing your values: Voters say 64-32 that he doesn’t

How he’s treated the news media: Voters disapprove 65-31

Whether people trust him or the media more for the truth: 57 percent media, 31 percent Trump (even 17 percent of Republicans pick the media over their president)

Interestingly, the reason the numbers have ticked down appears to be the group that elected Trump in the first place: white, working-class voters. Whites without college degrees approved of Trump 57 percent to 38 percent in the mid-April Q poll and 51-39 in late March/early May; today they are split, with 47 percent approving and 46 percent disapproving.

Of course, who knows if this matters. Especially in the long run.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

:rotflmfao:@ the approval qualifications.  That's more like a survey on "Could The Donald be your friend?"

I like how none of it shows anything specific about performance, only how "likeable" he is and performance overall.

If this is the standard for "approval ratings" it's no wonder how the polls got so far off in November!  This "poll" should be titled, "How many people would hug Donald?"

1 hour ago, MCDigger said:

:rotflmfao:@ the approval qualifications.  That's more like a survey on "Could The Donald be your friend?"

I like how none of it shows anything specific about performance, only how "likeable" he is and performance overall.

If this is the standard for "approval ratings" it's no wonder how the polls got so far off in November!  This "poll" should be titled, "How many people would hug Donald?"

He got a 36% Job performance approval rating, an all time low. Personal preference was one percent lower at 35, which is what you're referring to. His actual job approval is cratering right now.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

fwiw, i heard on the radio today that offshore odds were set at -150 that he would be impeached..

they said that was equal to about a 60% chance of that happening.

Interesting given that it would require a majority vote in the House and 2/3 in the Senate - both Republican controlled. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, MCDigger said:

There's no way to positively spin Trump's dismal approval ratings. 

Just now, 4UNLV said:

for now, lol.

I just don't see the Dems winning in the midterms. 2020 might be a different story however. 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

I just don't see the Dems winning in the midterms. 2020 might be a different story however. 

i didn't even hear what the time frame was, i really wasnt paying much attention, i just thought it funny that odds were set on impeachment.

and yet, not funny.

18 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

fwiw, i heard on the radio today that offshore odds were set at -150 that he would be impeached..

they said that was equal to about a 60% chance of that happening.

Unless he does something wrong and it has to be worse then ordering the assassination of american citizens.   Then I don't think he is going to be impeached.

I am sure he will do lots of stupid things but those don't get you impeached normally.

4 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Unless he does something wrong and it has to be worse then ordering the assassination of american citizens.   Then I don't think he is going to be impeached.

I am sure he will do lots of stupid things but those don't get you impeached normally.

well, we can't let facts get in the way of a good story, lol.

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There's no way to positively spin Trump's dismal approval ratings. 

Which makes it even more amazing that a more tightly aligned survey wasn't used.  I could get 3rd graders from Rock Hills Elementary to come up with better questions than "Being Intelligent".

14 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

He got a 36% Job performance approval rating, an all time low. Personal preference was one percent lower at 35, which is what you're referring to. His actual job approval is cratering right now.

Can you not see how stupid you look?  The category "Job Performance" should've have been broken into 20 different questions as the arena calls for.

If his title was "Ditch Digger", you could at least ask 5 questions to get a more accurate review, hell the world's worst ditch digger could have a great "Levelheaded" rating, and an extremely low "Being Intelligent" rating .  :rotflmfao:

You're already picking low hanging fruit, but somebody used this piece o' chit as a "Shitometer".  I'm giving the poll a 5% approval rating.

1 hour ago, MCDigger said:

Can you not see how stupid you look?  The category "Job Performance" should've have been broken into 20 different questions as the arena calls for.

If his title was "Ditch Digger", you could at least ask 5 questions to get a more accurate review, hell the world's worst ditch digger could have a great "Levelheaded" rating, and an extremely low "Being Intelligent" rating .  :rotflmfao:

You're already picking low hanging fruit, but somebody used this piece o' chit as a "Shitometer".  I'm giving the poll a 5% approval rating.

I know you think the polls are really mean and hate your boy Trump ... but fact of the matter is, the cumulative job approval ratings are very, very bad for a president this early in his first term.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

32 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I know you think the polls are really mean and hate your boy Trump ... but fact of the matter is, the cumulative job approval ratings are very, very bad for a president this early in his first term.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

As I've said, Trump's not "my boy", but knowing chit when you see it is important.

I'm not even impressed with him.  hell, I'd give him maybe a 40% and that's with him being "my boy" (in your opinion). But who ever came up with this poll must've not realized the assignment was due until they were walking to class!

Go ahead, double down on how perfect of a scale this is to judge a POTUS.  I say it's no wonder polls are a thing of the past.

22 minutes ago, MCDigger said:

As I've said, Trump's not "my boy", but knowing chit when you see it is important.

Do you have no concept of "comparative analysis"? It doesn't matter what the question is as long as it's always the same.

Let me 'esplain it to you Lucy:  No matter who "your boy" is, compared to the job approval rating of past presidents.....Trump sucks.

2 hours ago, MCDigger said:

You're a retard.

"Job performance" is always how approval ratings are done. I do think it's hilarious how you're spinning yourself in circles trying to defend your Orange daddy though. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Do you have no concept of "comparative analysis"? It doesn't matter what the question is as long as it's always the same.

Let me 'esplain it to you Lucy:  No matter who "your boy" is, compared to the job approval rating of past presidents.....Trump sucks.

If this is the comparative analysis, I wouldn't trust any of them.  So you believe the job is one dimensional and a pass/fail?

And if you watch twenty people step in dog shit right in front of you, are you going to step in it too?  And when i say, "whoa, you just stepped in shit!" Are you going to turn around and say, "we do this all the time."?

Can you compare anything in such bipartisan times? I think it's odd that such a binary survey makes it past the smell test on this board. Posters are usually far more deep than that.