Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PokeTransplant

SI article on everyone's favorite topic

That article makes for a good read and seems to lay out the scenario for Josh's decision to stay at Wyoming.  I can't imagine what it would be like at 20 years old sitting in your living room with a bunch of agents promising you the moon if you sign with them.  Knowing deep down that you need more experience to refine your craft but that even a second or third round selection is automatic money not to mention a potential payday of a chance first round pick.  I just hope Josh will be up to all the media attention and hype that's coming his way.  The story line will be a very attractive one to the sports media just as the article is titled from no one to # 1 and a small town farm kid to boot.  The underdog appeal is pretty high on this one.

The size of the town/city you're from has no bearing on how you may or may not handle media attention/expectations.  It's just something one is able or unable to handle based on personality and upbringing.  If Josh is anything like most farm/ranch raised kids I know including myself he had a helluva lot more responsibility and expectations placed on him growing up than your average kid.

3 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

@PokeTransplant you should refer all Josh Allen articles to this thread here. That way we have a consolidated 50 page archive of the media hype for Josh Allen.

The greatness of Josh Allen cannot be contained in a single thread. I'm honestly surprised that @mugtang hasn't made a Josh Allen sub-forum yet

19 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The size of the town/city you're from has no bearing on how you Josh Allen may or may not handle media attention/expectations.

As I said.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 hours ago, pokebball said:

https://www.si.com/vault/2017/05/09/no-one-no-1#

Honestly, i feel these kind of stories, about any of our MWC kids are inspiring.  I don't want to beat the horse about Allen but anytime any of our kids can get this kind of press and interest, it helps out the entire conference, right?

Agreed 100%.  Allen getting this kind of hype is way cool.

That said it is the off season and we need to stay sane so we must entertain ourselves.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Agreed 100%.  Allen getting this kind of hype is way cool.

That said it is the off season and we need to stay sane so we must entertain ourselves.

sanity is overrated :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

19 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

The greatness of Josh Allen cannot be contained in a single thread. I'm honestly surprised that @mugtang hasn't made a Josh Allen sub-forum yet

I think I'll just rename this place to "JoshAllenBoard.com"

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

36 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Did Josh Allen just get fired for talking too much about BYU, and then he went out on the town and got laid for the first time?

Yep. By your whore of a sister. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg