Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Dwayne Morgan

It is important to wait for more information and for UNLV to review the situation before rushing to judgment. Yes, he messed up even putting himself in a position where this could happen. But that does not necessarily mean he did anything else wrong. A bunch of risky BS goes on in this town late on weekend nights and taxi drivers are not always the most morally upstanding people in some circumstances either. It's not that hard to get yourself into a pickle as a young person, during an argument, when police show up. It's very possible D Morgan is not worthy of so much blame. I personally will withhold judgment. :-) 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/may/10/dwayne-morgan-suspended-indefinitely-by-unlv/

According to a source, Morgan got into a cab late Friday night/early Saturday morning and an argument ensued. The driver called police to the scene and Morgan was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct.

Morgan was on the phone with Rebels coach Marvin Menzies during the incident, according to the source, and Morgan was released a few hours later.

"We are aware of the situation regarding UNLV men's basketball student-athlete Dwayne Morgan and are continuing to gather all of the facts," the university said via release. "Coach Menzies has met with Dwayne and he has been suspended indefinitely from all basketball activities.

44 minutes ago, NOTGREATBOB! said:

It is important to wait for more information and for UNLV to review the situation before rushing to judgment. Yes, he messed up even putting himself in a position where this could happen. But that does not necessarily mean he did anything else wrong. A bunch of risky BS goes on in this town late on weekend nights and taxi drivers are not always the most morally upstanding people in some circumstances either. It's not that hard to get yourself into a pickle as a young person, during an argument, when police show up. It's very possible D Morgan is not worthy of so much blame. I personally will withhold judgment. :-) 

That's where I believe he is a...

8a202184c338637c55139ba665ce60e1c5ced87c

Issues like this become negative recruiting scenarios for schools to use against us. A lot of parents are already weary of sending a kid to Vegas. These situations perpetuate the stereotype. Our ballers got to be smarter.

11 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

That's where I believe he is a...

8a202184c338637c55139ba665ce60e1c5ced87c

Issues like this become negative recruiting scenarios for schools to use against us. A lot of parents are already weary of sending a kid to Vegas. These situations perpetuate the stereotype. Our ballers got to be smarter.

Jesus Christ, Rebel fans are as dumb as their players. Hello, if your players were "smarter" they wouldn't end up at UNLV!

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Jesus Christ, Rebel fans are as dumb as their players. Hello, if your players were "smarter" they wouldn't end up at UNLV!

1/10

Try again. This time with feeling!

Guest RoscoesDad

Hope it works out.  Its hard being a young adult in vegas no matter of you are a student or athlete.  That said i dont think its a huge deal if he is suspended.  Another kid like poyser that was hugely overrated in aau.  But he is a good piece to the puzzle as a hustle dirty work type of guy.   He is a good kid and good family so i hope he gets it figured out and plays next year. 

7 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Hope it works out.  Its hard being a young adult in vegas no matter of you are a student or athlete.  That said i dont think its a huge deal if he is suspended.  Another kid like poyser that was hugely overrated in aau.  But he is a good piece to the puzzle as a hustle dirty work type of guy.   He is a good kid and good family so i hope he gets it figured out and plays next year. 

Huh? What does this even mean?

Best thing is this happened in middle of the off season...........gives Morgan time to work it out and gives Menzies/UNLV time to settle on how to handle it based on severity of the incident - doesn't (on the surface) to be a overly bad incident.

This can be handled 

And as @RoscoesDad said, Morgan is a nice piece of the 2017-18 puzzle, but by no means is Morgan overly valuable to the overall program - My hope is they can get the facts, settle on a suitable penalty and move on.........hopefully that means missing a few early regular season games and Morgan is ready to go when it's time

I like that he was on the phone with Menzies and he heard most of what was going on. I'm not sure Morgan is entirely at fault, and I think if anything he'll get maybe a 2 or 3 game suspension. If that..