Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Wyoming accepts Colorado's leftovers...Peers = Johnson & Wales, N. Colo, UCCS, etc

17 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Really? Which ones?

Wyo is cheaper than CU, CSU, and mines in-state when the WUE scholly (150% of in state tuition) is applied. Its requirements are a bit more than the "selective" ones noted above, the middle of the sliding scale is a 3.6 GPA with a 28 ACT.

http://www.uwyo.edu/admissions/scholarships/non-residents/wue.html

It's why my wife and brother in law ended up at UW, coming from Monument. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 5/9/2017 at 11:25 AM, #1Stunner said:

I think your chart is incorrect for the University of Denver.  They seem to be very highly regarded academically in the State of Colorado.

http://www.du.edu/apply/admission/apply/firstyear/standards.html

Here is from Denver's website:

The average SAT combined score (old SAT scoring) for fall 2016 accepted students was 1234. The middle 50 percent ranged from 1140 to 1320 (out of 1600). View the SAT Score Converter for further information.

The average ACT score for fall 2016 accepted students was 28. The middle 50 percent ranged from 26 to 31.

The average high school GPA for fall 2016 accepted students was 3.77. The middle 50 percent ranged from 3.59 to 4.0. We accept a weighted GPA when available from an applicant's high school.

That's a continuation of "Metropolitan State University of Denver". The actual University of Denver was in the group with CU, CSU, Mines, etc.

1 hour ago, RAMification said:

Do you think CSU is lifted up, when you try to put-down Wyo???  Stop acting like a Trustfundaloe Bitch.  

In all honesty, I believe smart people are successful regardless of where they go to school and I also believe Wyo is a good school.    

Regarding the OP, I see nothing wrong with putting down our rivals every chance I get and I accept it when it's dished back at me.  Everyone does it to everyone else on this board.  I find shit talking with the other fan bases fun.  If you don't like it, don't read my posts.  Welcome to the off season.  And quit acting like a moral compASS,

Ok... but Every chance??  Put Wyo U down??   BTW, you're not peeeing on the leg of Wyo Sports in this post.  It's a general put-down toward the University.  

I'm no moral compass, but I do know the difference between Humor & Oder (Humor is a shift of witt, Oder is a whift of ?????)... and what sounds like the  grand old "UCB inferiority/insecurity Complex".  I do enjoy many of your posts, and look forward to reading many good ones over this 2017 season.

Still Friends??

On 5/9/2017 at 1:58 PM, happycamper said:

Yeah, they don't expect Colorado HS grads to be able to get in to Mines or Notre Dame any more

I'd say when I TA undergrad classes at Mines that about a third of my students have been from in-state.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, HylianHero said:

That's a continuation of "Metropolitan State University of Denver". The actual University of Denver was in the group with CU, CSU, Mines, etc.

Thanks for the correction.  

Metro State.  I think I heard rumors of them looking at joining the WAC.

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

In all honesty, I believe smart people are successful regardless of where they go to school and I also believe Wyo is a good school.    

Regarding the OP, I see nothing wrong with putting down our rivals every chance I get and I accept it when it's dished back at me.  Everyone does it to everyone else on this board.  I find shit talking with the other fan bases fun.  If you don't like it, don't read my posts.  Welcome to the off season.  And quit acting like a moral compASS,

2 hours ago, RAMification said:

Ok... but Every chance??  Put Wyo U down??   BTW, you're not peeeing on the leg of Wyo Sports in this post.  It's a general put-down toward the University.  

I'm no moral compass, but I do know the difference between Humor & Oder (Humor is a shift of witt, Oder is a whift of ?????)... and what sounds like the  grand old "UCB inferiority/insecurity Complex".  I do enjoy many of your posts, and look forward to reading many good ones over this 2017 season.

Still Friends??

I feel partially responsible for this rift. I hope you guys can slap on the inlines, take a nice stroll/ride/skate(?) down College Ave., maybe bump some Alanis Morissette to stay fired up, make a pit stop for a cold bud lite/Fat Tire or whatever they call it now. Maybe reminisce the golden era of Fapri Libbs, and just work it out dang it!

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

Wyo is cheaper than CU, CSU, and mines in-state when the WUE scholly (150% of in state tuition) is applied. Its requirements are a bit more than the "selective" ones noted above, the middle of the sliding scale is a 3.6 GPA with a 28 ACT.

http://www.uwyo.edu/admissions/scholarships/non-residents/wue.html

It's why my wife and brother in law ended up at UW, coming from Monument. 

Apples to oranges. You're comparing full tuition at CSU/CU to a discounted rate at Wyoming. If everyone got the WUE scholarship then it would be a fair comparison, but they don't, so it's not. 

3 hours ago, SFtoVA said:

I feel partially responsible for this rift. I hope you guys can slap on the inlines, take a nice stroll/ride/skate(?) down College Ave., maybe bump some Alanis Morissette to stay fired up, make a pit stop for a cold bud lite/Fat Tire or whatever they call it now. Maybe reminisce the golden era of Fapri Libbs, and just work it out dang it!

LOL.  It's all good.  This is all for fun.   

4 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Apples to oranges. You're comparing full tuition at CSU/CU to a discounted rate at Wyoming. If everyone got the WUE scholarship then it would be a fair comparison, but they don't, so it's not. 

It's fairly fair (ha) as most kids considering Wyoming coming out of Colorado easily make the WUE. 

Kids coming out of Colorado who easily make the WUE tend to not be awarded any in state schollies... hence why my alma mater is Gonzaga and not Mines

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.