Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

CBS Sports Network Streaming - HULU LIVE

Guest #1Stunner

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/hulu-live-tv-full-channel-lineup-1202407833/

Hulu has launched the beta version of its live TV service, stocked with more than 50 broadcast and cable channels — with a few big holes in the lineup.

The company has deals with several big programming groups for the $40-per-month Hulu With Live TV bundle, including parent companies 21st Century Fox, Disney, NBCUniversal — which was officially announced just this week — and Time Warner (for Turner’s networks). It has also pacted with CBS, A+E Networks and Scripps Networks Interactive to distribute their live channels

Here’s the full list of the networks available in Hulu With Live TV at launch:

21st Century Fox
Fox*
Big Ten Network
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel
Fox regional sports networks
Fox Sports 1
Fox Sports 2
FX
FXX
FXM
National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Wild

The Walt Disney Co.
ABC*
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNEWS
ESPN-SEC Network
Freeform
Disney Channel
Disney XD
Disney Junior

NBCUniversal
NBC*
Telemundo*
Comcast RSNs
NECN
USA Network
Bravo
E!
Syfy
MSNBC
CNBC
NBCSN
Golf Channel
Chiller
Oxygen Network
Sprout

A+E Networks
A&E
History
Lifetime
Viceland
Lifetime Movie Network (LMN)
FYI

Scripps Networks Interactive
Food Network
HGTV
Travel Channel

Turner
CNN
HLN
CNN International
TBS
TNT
TruTV
TCM
Turner Classic Movies
Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
Boomerang

CBS Corp.
CBS*
CBS Sports Network
POP
Showtime ($8.99 per month extra)

Missing from Hulu’s live TV menu: HBO, AMC Networks, Viacom’s Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and other nets, Starz, and Discovery Communications channels. The company said additional premium network add-ons will become available soon.

Watch Live TV on iOS, Android, Apple TV (4th gen), Xbox One, and Chromecast 

I was actually looking at this the other day because my Direct TV contract is up in 7 months and I may finally cut the cable now. 

One thing HULU offers that is just as big of a deal as CBS Sports is that they give you 50 hours of cloud DVR and if you pay another $15 a month they will give you 200 hrs of cloud DVR. If you buy the cloud DVR + streaming for unlimited devices in home and 3 outside home it's only $20 extra. Compare that to the $95 I'm paying now and it's almost too hard to pass up. Only downside is there is no Root Sports. The PAC 12 network would be nice too. 

51 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

This is a really solid offering. This would get me just about everything I am looking for.

I agree, only thing missing DYI channel which my wife loves. For $40 you can't go wrong. This may be the direction I go.

53 minutes ago, renoskier said:

So if you "cut the cord", what are you doing for your internet connection? How much is that costing?

My thoughts as well.  What kind of internet package do I need to cut the cord.  I'm in a rural area.  Would it actually be more expensive on the internet side than just keeping Directv and all those extra worthless channels?

54 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

My thoughts as well.  What kind of internet package do I need to cut the cord.  I'm in a rural area.  Would it actually be more expensive on the internet side than just keeping Directv and all those extra worthless channels?

Same question I've been asking, haven't cut the cord yet. I pay for unlimited high speed already so those are things I need to check on first. 

Wow this is very solid. I would switch from Sling to this in a heartbeat.

Would miss AMC because they play some solid movies sometimes.

Viacom is missing, but the only channel worth a shit is Comedy Central and maybe Spike TV.

I would definitely switch to this over Sling TV though.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I pay just over 100 dollars for cable tv. plus another 20 bucks to add HBO and another channel package. DSL internet sucks here, so I am stuck with Cable internet. If I only want Cable internet they are going to charge me 50 ish bucks a month. add the 40 for hulu and I am almost back where I started with Cable, and I get more channels. I don't think this is quite as good as it sounds.

Unlike Hulu YouTube TV will carry NBCSN which I've got to have for the NHL and Olympic sports coverage.  It sucks that none of these will at least initially carry the PAC12 or ROOT Sports networks but I can live without them if I have to.

1 minute ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

I pay just over 100 dollars for cable tv. plus another 20 bucks to add HBO and another channel package. DSL internet sucks here, so I am stuck with Cable internet. If I only want Cable internet they are going to charge me 50 ish bucks a month. add the 40 for hulu and I am almost back where I started with Cable, and I get more channels. I don't think this is quite as good as it sounds.

Honestly, you don't even need cable internet. With unlimited data on your phone you can run everything off a hotspot...granted if you're in a good connection area.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Unlike Hulu YouTube TV will carry NBCSN which I've got to have for the NHL and Olympic sports coverage.  It sucks that none of these will at least initially carry the PAC12 or ROOT Sports networks but I can live without them if I have to.

You can still find most of those online for free. A lot of the ROOT sports broadcasts are streamed live through Campus Insiders.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

1 minute ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Honestly, you don't even need cable internet. With unlimited data on your phone you can run everything off a hotspot...granted if you're in a good connection area.

Being in a dense urban area I am lucky and I do have good signal. So I tried the data hotspot thing. Was not quite fast enough for the demand I put on it. But to be fair with my wife and I both often working remote we are more demanding of our internet than most. So this could work well for others.

2 minutes ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

Being in a dense urban area I am lucky and I do have good signal. So I tried the data hotspot thing. Was not quite fast enough for the demand I put on it. But to be fair with my wife and I both often working remote we are more demanding of our internet than most. So this could work well for others.

Yeah, hotspots aren't where they need to be yet. In the next decade or so everything should run just fine off a cell network.

1 hour ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

Same issue here.  I work exclusively from home, so the hotspot works great for a laptop or two.  Fire up four instances of Netflix and it is done for.  

8 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

Same issue here.  I work exclusively from home, so the hotspot works great for a laptop or two.  Fire up four instances of Netflix and it is done for.  

What do you mean, running 4 Netflix at the same time?