Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Schefter on Josh Allen going #1.....

Recommended Posts

Just now, Wyobraska said:

I agree with you that Allen needs to make strides in his decision making, but I was more commenting on the fact that it isn't about Bohl or Vigens coaching but more talent you can't coach.  

Just re read your post, got it.  Agree that he has the tools.  I said that after the overtime opening game in '16.  Definite NFL measurables.  Misunderstood your stance.  Lil John really does need to advance though.  This could be his year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cowboy Junky
45 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It isn't the coaching that NFL scouts are drooling over.  It is his physical tools that no coach can teach.  

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt that Brent Vigen and Craig Bohl just found and helped develop Carston Wentz before Allen. Now there's a standard established with Wentz.

Allen has a better arm, better legs, and he's more athletic.

We'll see if he can develop the mental game to go with it, more touch, less turnovers, and a higher completion percentage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Josh Allen has been hyped up in ways I haven’t seen a player from the Mountain West, much less Wyoming, hyped up. At least since Derek Carr, but Carr was never really projected to come out of the bottom of the first round....Nearly every major sports media outlet has been salivating over the 6’5 Firebaugh native."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the love of God, Josh, don't break your collarbone in the first drive against Iowa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep...like I said before, 29 out of 32 NFL teams don't just show up to your Pro Day for shits and giggles. This is the biggest thing that's happened to the MWC since 2005. Embrace it or hate it, JA is a headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It's been crazy, you know. My phone's been lighting up - different people trying to interview me and get a story on where I come from. A small community such as Firebaugh and Mendota, this is where I come from. This is my roots, and couldn't be more proud of this place." That's what Josh Allen had to say, after a week where multiple NFL reporters declared the Firebaugh native to be the frontrunner for number one overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Allen even told FOX26 one of the interviews was with Sports Illustrated, and there's a chance he'll be on the cover of the magazine's next issue.

http://kmph-kfre.com/sports/local-sport ... tball-camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BSUTOP25 - remember when you were bragging about Zabransky's ability to throw 80 yards? That B/R article says Josh can throw the ball 85 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"But even with those flaws, Bohl has a clear vision of Allen's competitiveness. In the Mountain West championship game, Allen threw a careless interception to San Diego State defensive back Damontae Kazee.

The quarterback then took off, tracked down Kazee, put his head down and forced a fumble near the goal line recovered by the Cowboys for a touchback."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/wyomings-josh-allen-focuses-on-the-grind-amid-deafening-2018-nfl-draft-hype/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:
@BSUTOP25 - remember when you were bragging about Zabransky's ability to throw 80 yards? That B/R article says Josh can throw the ball 85 yards.

Whoa, slow down there Tex. Who said anything about a ball? I said Zabransky could throw a potato further than 80 yards. Get yer* facts straight. 

 

*yer was added so as to help Slappy understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Whoa, slow down there Tex. Who said anything about a ball? I said Zabransky could throw a potato further than 80 yards. Get yer* facts straight. 

 

*yer was added so as to help Slappy understand

Potatoes or footballs, CSewe's IPF is still 15 yards short of containing the greatness that is Josh Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh's old man is a true Christian Patriot. And don't nobody go dissing Todd by spelling it patriot.

https://twitter.com/AllenTodd007

 

Somebody needs to introduce Todd to LeVar Ball. They'd be fast friends.

But only if LeVar would agree that California's biggest ever snow pack was because everybody prayed real hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:01 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Whoa, slow down there Tex. Who said anything about a ball? I said Zabransky could throw a potato further than 80 yards. Get yer* facts straight. 

 

*yer was added so as to help Slappy understand

Zabransky?  There is no way that guys could throw a football 80 yards.  Top25 are you one of those kids with a big poster of the Z in his room?  Let me guess you know him, right.  Come on, get serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, LaradiseCowboy said:

Potatoes or footballs, CSewe's IPF is still 15 yards short of containing the greatness that is Josh Allen.

I reckon we'll have to cancel the first annual IPF Tater Toss. Thanks for the heads up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I reckon we'll have to cancel the first annual IPF Tater Toss. Thanks for the heads up. 

This will be very disappointing news for Boise St. fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Strongest arm in college football" - another JA highlight reel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr. Dre
On 5/7/2017 at 10:32 AM, LaradiseCowboy said:

This is the biggest thing that's happened to the MWC since 2005. 

Man, you must've had a double bowl full of stoopid for breakfast. REALLY exercising that walnut lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that there was a time that Brad Kaaya was mocked as a consensus 1st rounder. I hope the kid goes off the board top 10, but the hype train is getting pretty crazy. He still has a lot to prove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, Cowboy Junky said:

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt that Brent Vigen and Craig Bohl just found and helped develop Carston Wentz before Allen. Now there's a standard established with Wentz.

Allen has a better arm, better legs, and he's more athletic.

We'll see if he can develop the mental game to go with it, more touch, less turnovers, and a higher completion percentage.

Allen has not be proven definitively to have a better arm than Carson Wentz. I watched him play live against UNM. He's not as mobile either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 8:32 AM, LaradiseCowboy said:

Yep...like I said before, 29 out of 32 NFL teams don't just show up to your Pro Day for shits and giggles. This is the biggest thing that's happened to the MWC since 2005. Embrace it or hate it, JA is a headliner.

Lol.  No.  Three biggest things to happen to the MWC since 2005 in order.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×