Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Schefter on Josh Allen going #1.....

Guest Cowboy Junky
4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I just don't think you really know what QB U looks like.

I'm fine with that. No one in the history of planet earth knows what mystical gold plates or archeological evidence of a lost nation of Israel in America look like, yet you sacrificed two years of your life for door to door sales.

It's all in your perspective. 

Just now, Cowboy Junky said:

I'm fine with that. No one in the history of planet earth knows what mystical gold plates or archeological evidence of a lost nation of Israel in America look like, yet you sacrificed two years of your life for door to door sales.

Indeed, perspective is what you're lacking.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He tried to do too much and made some idiotic plays, whatever the reason.  You asked if I thought he was growing, I said he who knows because he regressed at the end of the year.  He did. 

sure thing coach!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

The head coach and qbs coach discovered/developed Carston Wentz.

I'm convinced.

Were you aware that CSU alum was starting for the Detroit Lions?  Maybe we're QB U.

Just rolling with your alternative rules.

16 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Michael Scott Roastmaster

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

22 hours ago, pokebball said:

Posters are having lots of fun over the publicity.  Honestly, I'm worried about it.  Allen and the Pokes need to put all of this shyt outta their heads and minds.  Nothing could be worse for this team to answer this bell by coming out and falling hard on their faces.

Which is what we do when we get any hype at all.  Hopefully this time is different!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, LaradiseCowboy said:

I think of him more as the next Brett Favre. Gunslingers throw picks. Hopefully he can dial it down though. 

Who is this next Brett Favre you speak of? I checked my big board for next years draft and can't find anyone name Josh Allen.

"The first overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft is probably tooling around Laramie, Wyoming, right now in his beat-up pickup truck, enjoying what are sure to be his last, dwindling days of relative obscurity."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-scouts-are-already-salivating-over-the-wyoming-qb-who-could-go-no-1-in-2018/

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

8 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

"The first overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft is probably tooling around Laramie, Wyoming, right now in his beat-up pickup truck, enjoying what are sure to be his last, dwindling days of relative obscurity."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-scouts-are-already-salivating-over-the-wyoming-qb-who-could-go-no-1-in-2018/

Why would Sam Darnold be in Laramie?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just listened to a podcast with Schefty, Kiper and McShay......link below 

McShay compares him to a young Roethlisberger, while saying he's the most physically gifted qb in the last 5 years and also says Allen called him to ask for draft advice which I thought was interesting. 

Kiper says he would have gone right around Trubisky if he came out this year....

http://es.pn/2pBvChT

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

5 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Just listened to a podcast with Schefty, Kiper and McShay......link below 

McShay compares him to a young Roethlisberger, while saying he's the most physically gifted qb in the last 5 years and also says Allen called him to ask for draft advice which I thought was interesting. 

Kiper says he would have gone right around Trubisky if he came out this year....

http://es.pn/2pBvChT

All lies, I don't even know who this guy is.

On 5/1/2017 at 9:56 PM, LaradiseCowboy said:
SB Nation getting in on the action.

And immediately fumbling the ball with Rosen at #2. No more smarts than Allen without as strong an arm and less mobility.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:02 PM, Cowboy Junky said:

Make sure you tell that to the NFL execs scouting Craig Bohl and Brent Vigen qbs.

It isn't the coaching that NFL scouts are drooling over.  It is his physical tools that no coach can teach.  

5 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It isn't the coaching that NFL scouts are drooling over.  It is his physical tools that no coach can teach.  

I'm not completely buying that.  Yes, Big John never got over the hump in college and turned into a hall of fame, first round pick.  Lil John could go the same route, but I'm not really buying that NFL scouts are drooling without reserve that Lil John is the next coming based on just physical tools.  So far Lil John has shown poor decision making at key moments.  The NFL is probably very interested to see his '17 mental development and if it's up to snuff, then I'm sure he probably is a first rounder.  If he doesn't make some real strides in '17 then this whole "Lil John is #1" line of talk will be ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'm not completely buying that.  Yes, Big John never got over the hump in college and turned into a hall of fame, first round pick.  Lil John could go the same route, but I'm not really buying that NFL scouts are drooling without reserve that Lil John is the next coming based on just physical tools.  So far Lil John has shown poor decision making at key moments.  The NFL is probably very interested to see his '17 mental development and if it's up to snuff, then I'm sure he probably is a first rounder.  If he doesn't make some real strides in '17 then this whole "Lil John is #1" line of talk will be ridiculous.

I agree with you that Allen needs to make strides in his decision making, but I was more commenting on the fact that it isn't about Bohl or Vigens coaching but more talent you can't coach.  

Just now, Wyobraska said:

I agree with you that Allen needs to make strides in his decision making, but I was more commenting on the fact that it isn't about Bohl or Vigens coaching but more talent you can't coach.  

Just re read your post, got it.  Agree that he has the tools.  I said that after the overtime opening game in '16.  Definite NFL measurables.  Misunderstood your stance.  Lil John really does need to advance though.  This could be his year.

Guest Cowboy Junky
45 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Agreed, but it doesn't hurt that Brent Vigen and Craig Bohl just found and helped develop Carston Wentz before Allen. Now there's a standard established with Wentz.

Allen has a better arm, better legs, and he's more athletic.

We'll see if he can develop the mental game to go with it, more touch, less turnovers, and a higher completion percentage.