Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Power

Aztec Warrior going down?

Some Milenial students want to get rjd of the Aztec Warrior by saying it disrespects natives.

There is One thing is clear: the Aztec Warrior Foundation needs to reawaken-& its time for legends like SteveAztec & AztecBruce to start making some tough descions to make sure that the Aztec Warrior needs to start being Monty Montezuma. 

BRING BACK THE FLAMING SPEAR!!!!!!!

SUDS Football is one year away from having no place to play.

But  the student body has other pressing issues to deal with it would seem.

You know what they should do is: Write a letter to the president.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

12667677.jpeg

Why are white people always outraged by Native American/Indian names? Do we just have too much time on our hands?

Seems all white people do anymore is protest chit. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

The school should change the name to the Conquistadors, like the old ABA team.

The mascot could be Portuguese dude in one of those funny hats carrying a smallpox infested blanket and a bible.

That way, nobody is insulted. Right?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

Why are white people always outraged by Native American/Indian names? Do we just have too much time on our hands?

Seems all white people do anymore is protest chit. 

It's like they only want any mascot or logo that's left to be a white guy or some animal. But no person who isn't white

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, 4UNLV said:

didn't they already vote this down a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/education/sd-me-sdsu-mascot-20170419-story.html

Vote was 14-12.

Native American Student Alliance has proposed to phase out the mascot.  

Note: in 2014 the vote was 24-1 against the change so something has changed and I'm guessing this will happen eventually in the next few years.