Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

Nevada names former LSU HC and Memphis interim HC to Assoc HC position

55 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Beard left..You are naive if you think Menzies will stick if a better offer comes along..

Like I said. You are so out of touch and uninformed it's unfathomable that you even try to make an opinion out of this. You are truly the Reno's PH in this thread right now.

Beard's family was from Texas Tech. He coached at Texas Tech for 10 years. Of course he left.

6 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

If Marvin brings UNLV back he will be the hot name out there..

Yes he will. But why leave? UNLV will fork up the money if he brings them "back."

5 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Menzies got a 5 star to come to Vegas..I am telling you if this season turns out well he will be gone..He is making less than Mussleman now..That can't sit well with him at all..

Yeah...Rice got a handful of 5 stars here...it's not unheard of. UNLV brand is strong. Top fan support. Top facilities. Attractive destination. Center of basketball world. NBA scouts practically live here.

I am telling you. You have zero clue on this issue. Just stop.

Musselman is coming off 2 great years. He was only making 300k base last year.

We pay Menzies $700k base now. Doubling his NMSU salary.

We were paying Beard 900k base that increased to $1.4m by year 5.

IF Menzies brings UNLV "back" into the mix after this season. Expect a jump to around 1.2/yr.

If he continues off that I wouldn't doubt us offering up to 2 mill/yr in a few years with some amazing results.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

So do schools in the big boy conferences...Menzies will be gone if he has a good year...

Serious Question...how long have you followed college basketball?

You do know it's not the same as football right?

Just now, nvspuds said:

You Vegas folks said all the same crap about Mussleman..I am just having fun with you guys..I have no idea what Menzies will do..

Thank god. I was seriously about to put you in that PH category.

Muss is different in many ways. He's been all over the place. Is always trying to promote and is willing to go anywhere. He has no real ties to Reno. Him staying was huge, but comparing that to Menzies doesn't make sense.

Menzies has UNLV ties as he was an assistant here. He has MWC ties. He's a west coast guy. Calls UNLV his dream job and is one of the best west coast recruiters out there.

There are probably 2 schools that would scare me that would poach Menzies.

Arizona...who will keep Miller forever.

UCLA...who might not be an upgrade considering they expect national championships every year but have an empty arena.

Actually Muss lived in Reno for awhile when he was a kid while his dad coached the CBA Bighorns.  Also Muss was the coach for the Reno Bighorns in the D- league too..His mom lives in San Diego and one of his sons goes to school down there but his other son lives in Danville CA.  I don't think he would leave just to leave..He is already rich so I suspect he would only leave for a school that is a legit final four type program.

36 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Actually Muss lived in Reno for awhile when he was a kid while his dad coached the CBA Bighorns.  Also Muss was the coach for the Reno Bighorns in the D- league too..His mom lives in San Diego and one of his sons goes to school down there but his other son lives in Danville CA.  I don't think he would leave just to leave..He is already rich so I suspect he would only leave for a school that is a legit final four type program.

You're right and I knew that. Should have said no real ties to the University.

Not that he'll bolt because of that..because we seen him stay this year.

I just think the possibility is much higher of Muss leaving UNR than Menzies leaving UNLV anytime soon.

I agree..Muss may well leave.  Muss took a nine win team, returning almost every guy from that sorry roster and won 24 games his first year..That just doesn't happen very often and is nothing short of amazing..

In Marvin's first year the Rebs were horrible..Even though he just nabbed McCoy, Muss is the hotter name right now..

14 hours ago, nvspuds said:

Beard left..You are naive if you think Menzies will stick if a better offer comes along..

13 hours ago, nvspuds said:

If Marvin brings UNLV back he will be the hot name out there..

Menzies got a 5 star to come to Vegas..I am telling you if this season turns out well he will be gone..He is making less than Mussleman now..That can't sit well with him at all..

So do schools in the big boy conferences...Menzies will be gone if he has a good year...

You Vegas folks said all the same crap about Mussleman..I am just having fun with you guys..I have no idea what Menzies will do..

Hook , line and sinker.....

Hey @mugtang I nominate nvspuds....he's doin' some good work here.

Image result for fremont cannon blue

5 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

That title had me +++++ed up fam

sorry bruh, couldn't come up with a better way to word it....stoned.

but good for Nevada.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Like I said. You are so out of touch and uninformed it's unfathomable that you even try to make an opinion out of this. You are truly the Reno's PH in this thread right now.

Beard's family was from Texas Tech. He coached at Texas Tech for 10 years. Of course he left.

Yes he will. But why leave? UNLV will fork up the money if he brings them "back."

Yeah...Rice got a handful of 5 stars here...it's not unheard of. UNLV brand is strong. Top fan support. Top facilities. Attractive destination. Center of basketball world. NBA scouts practically live here.

I am telling you. You have zero clue on this issue. Just stop.

Musselman is coming off 2 great years. He was only making 300k base last year.

IF Menzies brings UNLV "back" into the mix after this season. Expect a jump to around 1.2/yr.

If he continues off that I wouldn't doubt us offering up to 2 mill/yr in a few years with some amazing results.

Did you really just say that UNLV is the center of the basketball world?  Were you one of those guys wearing those UNLV beats Duke in 1990 shirt this season when Duke was in town? Holy shite that's funny shite. 

FYI, your base is irrelevant. What you take home is, period. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Did you really just say that UNLV is the center of the basketball world?  Were you one of those guys wearing those UNLV beats Duke in 1990 shirt this season when Duke was in town? Holy shite that's funny shite. 

FYI, your base is irrelevant. What you take home is, period. 

Las Vegas.

Name a city with more HS BB tournaments. National AAU tournaments. D1 basketball tournaments. NBA summer league games. NBA scouts over a period of time. USA basketball training.

9 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Las Vegas.

Name a city with more HS BB tournaments. National AAU tournaments. D1 basketball tournaments. NBA summer league games. NBA scouts over a period of time. USA basketball training.

yep. even mccoy said it's the mecca of the basketball world, so it must be true. :)

On 4/28/2017 at 3:36 PM, 4UNLV said:

yep. even mccoy said it's the mecca of the basketball world, so it must be true. :)

Mendenhall has become the worlds stomping grounds for showcasing the game of basketball.

37 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Mendenhall has become the worlds stomping grounds for showcasing the game of basketball.

everybody loves to hang out 'up at unlv', lol.

i had actually read a little about this a while back, it looks like it could be fun to watch.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:01 PM, BestintheWest said:

you say that like that's a lot...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

you say that like that's a lot...

2 mill base salary is top 25 pay.

You don't break out the ridiculous money until it is consistent.

700k base > 1.2 mill > 2mill  in a 4-5 year span isn't bad. If 2nd weekends become the norm the dude could see more.

Vegas loves winners. Tark practically ran this city.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

700k base > 1.2 mill > 2mill  in a 4-5 year span isn't bad. If 2nd weekends become the norm the dude could see more.

tark DID run this city, that's what made maxson so mad.

and if what you said in your post does happen, there will be plenty of money for menzies.

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

the list was from 2016 but I believe the top 25 starts at 2.2 million now...I mean, we were paying Cal 2.25 million back in 2008.

2 million isn't what it used to be in the NCAA coaching world.

mem skyline sig.jpeg