Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jiddump

How Many of The United States Have You Visited?

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

I need to travel more.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

You'll get there, it took me 51 years to make it to all 50 states and Washington, DC. A great way to travel is by train. Great views, no traffic hassles. B)

1 hour ago, DCPoke said:

All but Alaska, Oregon,Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut. 

hit North Conway NH.

Rhode Island is heavily Italian, good food in Providence.

Freeport Maine for shopping  and the Portland waterfront (seafood paradise)

(from ex New Englander)

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Currently at 47.  Just missing Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.

I've driven coast-to-coast four times.  You can't really appreciate the immensity and diversity of the country without seeing it from ground level.  Approaching Denver from the east, it's amazing after days of crossing the plains to watch the Rockies slowly rise up on the horizon.

1 hour ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I've driven coast-to-coast four times.  You can't really appreciate the immensity and diversity of the country without seeing it from ground level.  Approaching Denver from the east, it's amazing after days of crossing the plains to watch the Rockies slowly rise up on the horizon.

easy to see why the city was founded by a bunch of quitters, that's for sure

13 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

That john Denver's full of shit, man 

VisitedStatesMap.gif.1ed8d5a6f80b7f9214fcffa84904aec1.gif

I'd like to visit New York. Stay a couple days in NYC, then stay a couple days at Niagara Falls. I'd also like to visit Las Vegas and Hawai'i

as far as international travel goes, I'd like to visit Toronto and Vancouver.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

I would post the map, but it would look pathetic lol.

Lived in:

California - lived in the Monterey area most of my life except for a 4 year stint in SJ (meh), but had a BAC over .10 in almost every major city:shots:

Utah - lived in Draper for the 7th grade, and I never plan on going back

Nevada - current residence

Visited:

DC and surrounding areas on a school trip

Hawaii

Mexican California (TJ and Rosarito)

46 and counting for me.  No Alaska, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and South Dakota.   South Dakota stands out like a sore thumb.  I even lived in Wyoming for 5 years and couldn't make it to South Dakota.

46 and counting for me.  No Alaska, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and South Dakota.   South Dakota stands out like a sore thumb.  I even lived in Wyoming for 5 years and couldn't make it to South Dakota.

IMG_0013.GIF

I haven't posted in here in probably a year, but when I see this one on some site I like to share that I've been in all 50.  I was young when I was in North Dakota, but I have been there. Don't know that I have a favorite.  I love the south, but at my core I'm a westerner. I've lived in a few, and two of them more than once.  Idaho, Utah, Idaho, Utah, Illiniois, Pennsylvania, Idaho, and as of about a month ago, Utah again.  I don't think that I've visited any state that I have not found something to like about it.

23 minutes ago, pacougar said:

I haven't posted in here in probably a year, but when I see this one on some site I like to share that I've been in all 50.  I was young when I was in North Dakota, but I have been there. Don't know that I have a favorite.  I love the south, but at my core I'm a westerner. I've lived in a few, and two of them more than once.  Idaho, Utah, Idaho, Utah, Illiniois, Pennsylvania, Idaho, and as of about a month ago, Utah again.  I don't think that I've visited any state that I have not found something to like about it.

In Utah to stay or are you planning to return to the Gem State?

Here's my map:

VisitedStatesMap (1).gif

On 7/18/2017 at 3:33 PM, Pelado said:

In Utah to stay or are you planning to return to the Gem State?

Here's my map:

VisitedStatesMap (1).gif

I imagine this is where we will end our lives.  But, my final earthly resting place will probably be in Idaho.

I have been to all 50 except Alaska, Maine, and North Dakota.

I can easily envision making it to Alaska and Maine in the next few years.  I have no idea how/why I would end up in ND, ever.  If it comes down to that, I will just get in the car and drive there to finish it out.