Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Of course, most of us knew this

http://politi.co/2pcxFLl

President Barack Obama's concessions to Iran went well beyond those cited in his White House rollout of the Iran deal and prisoner swap in January 2016: His administration dropped prosecutions or convictions of a total of 21 men and took other steps that hampered a major U.S. initiative to stop the global spread of nuclear and missile technology, especially to Tehran.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

11 minutes ago, pokebball said:

President Barack Obama's concessions to Iran went well beyond those cited in his White House rollout of the Iran deal and prisoner swap in January 2016: His administration dropped prosecutions or convictions of a total of 21 men and took other steps that hampered a major U.S. initiative to stop the global spread of nuclear and missile technology, especially to Tehran.

All aided by a compliant and complicit media. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/obama-official-says-he-pushed-a-narrative-to-media-to-sell-the-iran-nuclear-deal/2016/05/06/5b90d984-13a1-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Seriously, how did it help us to get bent over by Iran?  Obama was such a turd.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

I wouldn't touch it either. The chicken has already been +++++ed to death. If he withdraws from it it's going to set off a whole rampage of shit. 

This was a massive +++++ up on the Obama administration. It's one thing to negotiate a deal, it's another entirely to get treated like Aaron Hernandez's pass around "girl" when you don't need to be. 

I remember when the Obama flag wavers were telling us how good this deal was and if we thought it was bad we didn't understand geopolitics.

30 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It could have been a good deal. We could have really put the screws to them. Instead, we didn't. And they've been left in a far better position than they were when this all started and our leverage has been compromised. 

It appears Obama fell victim to one of the great mistakes any leader - government, business, or otherwise - can make. He became so enamored with making a deal, that he made a bad deal to get it done. Great leadership requires walking away at times, and he didn't do it. I don't think the Iran deal is quite the disaster it's made to be, but increasingly it is clear that it should have been handled better. And like you said, in making a lackluster deal it compromised our leverage.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

It appears Obama fell victim to one of the great mistakes any leader - government, business, or otherwise - can make. He became so enamored with making a deal, that he made a bad deal to get it done. Great leadership requires walking away at times, and he didn't do it. I don't think the Iran deal is quite the disaster it's made to be, but increasingly it is clear that it should have been handled better. And like you said, in making a lackluster deal it compromised our leverage.

Maybe he did but without knowing the specifics, maybe it was the best deal that could be made. How much "leverage" did we really have?

Folks seems to forget, or not want to admit, that the US isn't omnipotent. We were dependent upon many other nations for keeping and enforcing sanctions. If the US had pushed harder, there's a good chance the coalition would have cracked. Also, you can't honestly address and judge the "deal" without admitting that the sanctions were having almost no affect on Iran's nuclear ambitions.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

It's certainly not a disaster but it's looking worse and worse as time goes by.  And it wasn't the best deal we could get as the leverage we had was better than the deal in place.  

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

It's certainly not a disaster but it's looking worse and worse as time goes by.  And it wasn't the best deal we could get as the leverage we had was better than the deal in place.  

How can you know? Were the sanctions keeping Iran from developing nuclear weapons?

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How can you know? Were the sanctions keeping Iran from developing nuclear weapons?

The deal in place isn't keeping them from developing nuclear weapons.

I know you gotta stick up for your boy though so this is a pointless argument.....

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

The deal in place isn't keeping them from developing nuclear weapons.

I know you gotta stick up for your boy though so this is a pointless argument.....

Were the sanctions keeping them from developing nuclear weapons?

Didn't Rex Tillerson just confirm that so far the deal appears to be working?

Partisan that you are, I know you have to put down every Obama policy....

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Under the sanctions and that situation we could use stuxnet and other tools to slow them down.   

Now we have a treaty we can do nothing.

Plus they have the world to sell them anything they need.   Obama has given them nuclear weapons.

48 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Were the sanctions keeping them from developing nuclear weapons?

Didn't Rex Tillerson just confirm that so far the deal appears to be working?

Partisan that you are, I know you have to put down every Obama policy....

This is why it doesn't appear to be the disaster some portray the deal as. Assuming Tillerson is right, the overarching goal of the deal seems to have been met. I think with this latest revelation, though, it does appear we may have given away too much. 

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

This is why it doesn't appear to be the disaster some portray the deal as. Assuming Tillerson is right, the overarching goal of the deal seems to have been met. I think with this latest revelation, though, it does appear we may have given away too much. 

Tillerson said "it seems to be working as intended".   Which means 10 years from now Iran has a bomb and missile technology to threaten at least as far as Europe.

You may think that isn't a disaster.