Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Wyo completes spring drills with Brown and Gold game

The Cowboys completed their final spring practice on Saturday. The story of the game was defense, defense, and more defense. The Gold Team (no. 1 defense and no. 2 offense) beat the Brown Team (no. 2 defense and no. 1 offense) with a score of 3-0. The only score in the 100-play scrimmage came by way of a converted 30 yard field goal. I have a feeling that the young defense we saw in the first half of 2016, the same one that forced the most turnovers in the MWC, is going to play lights out in 2017. This team is starting to look more and more like a certain Green and Yellow team.

Source:

http://www.gowyo.com/news/defense-wins-the-day-in-wyoming-s-spring-game-04-22-2017

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

10 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Questions: Who replaces Brian Hill? Who does Allen throw it to? 

As of right now it seems that we will have a running back by committee. According to what I've seen so far though, Milo Hall may have distinguished himself as the no. 1 runner. Austin Conway, CJ Johnson, and James Price look to be the potential leading receivers.

Milo Hall highlights:

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Cowboy Junky

Stunner, you've gone full on Cowboy fan now, so you'll post links to our threads on the MWCboard.

That's really nice of you sock puppet.

35 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Stunner, you've gone full on Cowboy fan now, so you'll post links to our threads on the MWCboard.

That's really nice of you sock puppet.

Hey, someone has to show evidence of the impending year of the Cowboy and 2017 MWC champs. It's not like I'm giving away secrets here. Were you at the spring game CJ? What were your thoughts?

PS - that's not a link to "our" threads. It's a link to the spring game report by the official athletics page.

5 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

a whole 20 people bothered to show

Wut? We know what 20 looks like. We have SJSU to compare to. There were 50 times as many people there as an SJSU game. 

5 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

IMG_1074.PNG.d2f67d574219226bbccb3fa2cefc00bc.PNG

You're never going to put that flag down are you Dre?

Things wouldn't be the same if he did

Guest Dr. Dre
5 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

You're never going to put that flag down are you Dre?

What? The WHYome is worthless flag? 

Nope

(or at least until we rid ourselves of you)

10 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

As of right now it seems that we will have a running back by committee. According to what I've seen so far though, Milo Hall may have distinguished himself as the no. 1 runner. Austin Conway, CJ Johnson, and James Price look to be the potential leading receivers.

Milo Hall highlights:

Sounds like the SEC Mountain Division will be strong again in the running game! Should be fun to watch WYO/UNM/BSU/AFA, churning out the yardage again this year! It's gonna be bear again in this division!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

He actually kind of struggled from what I heard and read.  10 of 26 for 127.  He still has a lot learn and  a long way to go.  

He's got to replace some WRs too right? 

Just now, badfish said:

He's got to replace some WRs too right? 

Yes, a lot of production has to be replaced at WR and Bohl even mentioned that there needs to be better chemistry between Allen and his WRs.  A lot of work for this Wyoming team to complete over the summer on their own to get ready.  

Guest Cowboy Junky

I'm not concerned about the offense. They were missing a few linemen, Austin Conway, and they ran a basic package for the scrimmage.

Craig Bohl said that defense usually dominates spring ball for his program, and this is the kind of spring game that he's accustomed to.

People should be more concerned that we have a real defensive coordinator, d tackles that won't get blown off the ball, the best d end group in the MWC, a secondary that can cover people and more size/speed at linebacker.

If Wyoming's defense improved as much as our offense did last season, we might not lose a game all year.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, Cowboy Junky said:

If Wyoming's defense improved as much as our offense did last season, we might not lose a game all year.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Wait, wait. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whrew!!!!! BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Pass that WHYome piss yellow kool-aid! Its laced with acid!

Guest Cowboy Junky
15 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Wait, wait. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whrew!!!!! BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Pass that WHYome piss yellow kool-aid! Its laced with acid!

You're an intellectual giant. 

12 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I'm not concerned about the offense. They were missing a few linemen, Austin Conway, and they ran a basic package for the scrimmage.

Craig Bohl said that defense usually dominates spring ball for his program, and this is the kind of spring game that he's accustomed to.

People should be more concerned that we have a real defensive coordinator, d tackles that won't get blown off the ball, the best d end group in the MWC, a secondary that can cover people and more size/speed at linebacker.

So was the offense running a vanilla package or is the D that good?  If the D is that good then why would the offense have to run a vanilla package?  The offense was clicking in Casper, why couldn't the D stop the offense then?  The defense was terrible last year and won't get miracously better overnight.  I expect improvement, but they will still be a libalitity in my opinion.   

Oregon is not going to be the same team with Taggart as coach, I don't know why so many Wyoming fans are thinking this is a W.  There is still a huge amount of talent on that team.  Wyoming does not even come close to having the players required to go undefeated in MW play, let alone OOC.  

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, Cowboy Junky said:

You're an intellectual giant. 

I know. And it is true.

You're a mental midget. Also true.